14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
:what: when did I say anything about getting married after a year of dating? wtf

If you're gonna try to call someone out at least be correct. smh

and why do you care anyways? :mindblown: I'm not dating you.

:patrice: Maybe I got the wrong broad
Yall hard to tell apart
and watch your tone :ufdup:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy that the first thing people want to think is it's his fault.....He'll get over it.

But like you said it's a problem for both parties. You have to be careful with who you exchange vows with, because that decision is one of the most important you make in life.

Truth.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Are you tryin to turn people off of marriage with these or somethin? lol if you too stupid to pick the right one to spend the rest of your life with you deserve to get cleaned out, I know a dumbass who married a chick after 3 months of dating. nikkas need to look up that Dopamine effect

Sad thing is tho, you might think she's the right one and you could end up being wrong. My homie was engaged for years, and his fiancee left him about a month ago. On his birthday. And didn't even tell him, she just left a note and took all her shyt out of the apartment. I never met her, but from what he told me, she was super loyal and supportive. But he did tell me that towards the end she started changing for the worse, she started demanding things from him that he didn't have the means to getting at the time. And dude is one of the most driven people I know, so he was working really hard for the both of them. Moral of the story is.... sometimes you never know. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw P's Coat Hangers
I always wanted to find that one girl and get hitched, a couple of kids, the whole nine...

But I've seen too many guys hurt and their lives left in shambles after getting divorced.

Cats change big time after that divorce.

Some cats go into a massive depression.

Some do that heel turn and treat any female they meet like shyt...

Knew a cat that got cheated on by his wife of like 5 years and he killed himself. :to:

And like some mentioned before, men aren't allowed to have emotionsome other than homicidal rage and rape-y lust.

When they get married, they tend to stake all of that pent up love on her. If she leaves... especially when it can come out of the blue for some guys... the results can be devastating.

And while divorce sucks for both parties, the woman at least has that support system of friends.
"Gurl, it's okay... whenever you wanna talk, call me.:to:"
"It's fine... you can let it out."
"He wasn't shyt anyways."
*One of her male simp friends waiting in the background feeling like :shaq::takedat:*

The average guy gets this:
"Stop being such a bytch and man up, nikka.:birdman:"
"Damn, your girl left you?:bryan::umad:"
"So what, ya wife of 12 years left you? Let's hit up some bytches and get you some new p*ssy!:blessed:"

As long as marriage laws are the way they are, don't expect most guys to take the plunge and risk so much for happiness... maybe.

It is what it is.:manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I always wanted to find that one girl and get hitched, a couple of kids, the whole nine...

But I've seen too many guys hurt and their lives left in shambles after getting divorced.

Cats change big time after that divorce.

Some cats go into a massive depression.

Some do that heel turn and treat any female they meet like shyt...

Knew a cat that got cheated on by his wife of like 5 years and he killed himself. :to:

And like some mentioned before, men aren't allowed to have emotionsome other than homicidal rage and rape-y lust.

When they get married, they tend to stake all of that pent up love on her. If she leaves... especially when it can come out of the blue for some guys... the results can be devastating.

And while divorce sucks for both parties, the woman at least has that support system of friends.
"Gurl, it's okay... whenever you wanna talk, call me.:to:"
"It's fine... you can let it out."
"He wasn't shyt anyways."
*One of her male simp friends waiting in the background feeling like :shaq::takedat:*

The average guy gets this:
"Stop being such a bytch and man up, nikka.:birdman:"
"Damn, your girl left you?:bryan::umad:"
"So what, ya wife of 12 years left you? Let's hit up some bytches and get you some new p*ssy!:blessed:"

As long as marriage laws are the way they are, don't expect most guys to take the plunge and risk so much for happiness... maybe.

It is what it is.:manny:

there is a reason the marriage rate are dropping at historical rates, teh thing is many men have seen thier friends getting the rug pulled out from them or even grew up in a home where mom was nagging and left dad.

And yep women have that "you can do so much better", you know "i laways hated jim", "dont worry girl remember matt? he's totally into you"

I always tell myself/told myself I'd be a great husband, faithful loving, provider but that ain't enough you ain't guaranteed loyalty.

Divorce is literally like cancer, you can eat right work out at the gym, but you can still get cancer, same with divorce you can choose the right woman, be faithful, be a great father a great husband and still.

The internet is filled with stories with .........

I love my husband, hes my soulmate the best man I've ever had, heaven sent but I still cheated......

See I think most men can get over the divorce what they can't get over is another man living in their house spending more time with thier kids than they get, their wife taking em to court and trying to get every penny she can.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sad thing is tho, you might think she's the right one and you could end up being wrong. My homie was engaged for years, and his fiancee left him about a month ago. On his birthday. And didn't even tell him, she just left a note and took all her shyt out of the apartment. I never met her, but from what he told me, she was super loyal and supportive. But he did tell me that towards the end she started changing for the worse, she started demanding things from him that he didn't have the means to getting at the time. And dude is one of the most driven people I know, so he was working really hard for the both of them. Moral of the story is.... sometimes you never know. :yeshrug:

when a woman change = prob another guy in the picture or she's bored and emotionally withdrawling

Your boy did nothing wrong, she needed to relieve her guilt of leaving by coming up with whatever to justify.

but yeah like i siad its cancer you can do everything right but in the end it means nothing.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
when a woman change = prob another guy in the picture or she's bored and emotionally withdrawling

Your boy did nothing wrong, she needed to relieve her guilt of leaving by coming up with whatever to justify.

but yeah like i siad its cancer you can do everything right but in the end it means nothing.

That's what we both thought too, there's another man in the background. It also could've been emotional withdrawal but I never got the impression that he had issues with that otherwise he would've alluded to it. But then again, I'm a homie so I'm not gonna know everything that happened. :manny:

That's what I told him, cause if ANY woman breaks up with you by leaving a note.... something's suspect. This girl was his wife-to-be AND left a note on the breh's birthday. When you're engaged, I would think you garner more respect than that. Not even face to face. He could've been sharing, considering how it all went down and if you piece it together logically. But I guess we'll never know until he happens to hear something through the grapevine.

It's scary too, cause similar shyt happened to my best friend but on a much more worse scale, and he almost committed that on Christmas Day. Deadass attempted to but luckily I got on the phone before I was too late cause he was at his ex's friend's spot at the time to say his goodbyes, then he planned on driving to a hill far away and ending it all. Granted, he fell way too quickly and to keep it 100 he simps a lot, but the girl did him dirty. He's doing great now and he's got tons of options and living life better and more involved with the church but seeing all that and going off my experience with my ex from years ago woke me up. :ohhh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That's what we both thought too, there's another man in the background. It also could've been emotional withdrawal but I never got the impression that he had issues with that otherwise he would've alluded to it. But then again, I'm a homie so I'm not gonna know everything that happened. :manny:

That's what I told him, cause if ANY woman breaks up with you by leaving a note.... something's suspect. This girl was his wife-to-be AND left a note on the breh's birthday. When you're engaged, I would think you garner more respect than that. Not even face to face. He could've been sharing, considering how it all went down and if you piece it together logically. But I guess we'll never know until he happens to hear something through the grapevine.

It's scary too, cause similar shyt happened to my best friend but on a much more worse scale, and he almost committed that on Christmas Day. Deadass attempted to but luckily I got on the phone before I was too late cause he was at his ex's friend's spot at the time to say his goodbyes, then he planned on driving to a hill far away and ending it all. Granted, he fell way too quickly and to keep it 100 he simps a lot, but the girl did him dirty. He's doing great now and he's got tons of options and living life better and more involved with the church but seeing all that and going off my experience with my ex from years ago woke me up. :ohhh:

as a man a part of you always gotta be ready for one day your chick may go, i've been there and it sucky crappy feeling, one thing that helps me in life if it is a chick doesnt see me as valuable well shrugs see ya, once you realize in life you can't control what someone else does only how you live your life and to walk away if they mess up it gets easier. But still it's hard, im very very very cautious who i even date nowadays, ive been with beautiful woman who were sweet in teh beginning and still got played so :kony: what else you offering

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
as a man a part of you always gotta be ready for one day your chick may go, i've been there and it sucky crappy feeling, one thing that helps me in life if it is a chick doesnt see me as valuable well shrugs see ya, once you realize in life you can't control what someone else does only how you live your life and to walk away if they mess up it gets easier. But still it's hard, im very very very cautious who i even date nowadays, ive been with beautiful woman who were sweet in teh beginning and still got played so :kony: what else you offering

I feel you on that. It's so hard to tell with people in general these days because you never know what their motives are. Especially if you're doing your own thing and you end up buying the dreams people sell you. Young kid like me with dreams bigger than the sky, so it's no surprise I fell for the slick talk. I was naive. And once that girl played me like a sucker, it made me really understand things. I started focusing on improving myself, and now beauty doesn't phase me anymore. Cause what's more terrifying than a sweet exterior with a demonic interior? Nah, I'm cool on that. That's why I see the value in the whole "Get Married Brehs" thing. It's not hating women. It's making people aware of the pitfalls of what could happen while also encouraging growth. Sure it ain't the most positive thing in the world, but.. That's the rules of the game. To change the game you gotta play the game, cause losers will never prosper.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I feel you on that. It's so hard to tell with people in general these days because you never know what their motives are. Especially if you're doing your own thing and you end up buying the dreams people sell you. Young kid like me with dreams bigger than the sky, so it's no surprise I fell for the slick talk. I was naive. And once that girl played me like a sucker, it made me really understand things. I started focusing on improving myself, and now beauty doesn't phase me anymore. Cause what's more terrifying than a sweet exterior with a demonic interior? Nah, I'm cool on that. That's why I see the value in the whole "Get Married Brehs" thing. It's not hating women. It's making people aware of the pitfalls of what could happen while also encouraging growth. Sure it ain't the most positive thing in the world, but.. That's the rules of the game. To change the game you gotta play the game, cause losers will never prosper.

:obama:
people always say I hate women but I don't, many dudes are still blinded by a fat ass or a pretty face, hell my ex had them both and almost destroyed my life. I mean a great woman wiht value and a great relationship is a wonderful thing but i'd rather be single than to deal with 95% of women out there.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
:obama:
people always say I hate women but I don't, many dudes are still blinded by a fat ass or a pretty face, hell my ex had them both and almost destroyed my life. I mean a great woman wiht value and a great relationship is a wonderful thing but i'd rather be single than to deal with 95% of women out there.

Women like to clown us for it, but a man's horniness is probably the most dangerous thing about him that will be his downfall if he doesn't control it. The thirst. We put women with undesirable attitudes and character traits on a pedestal which gasses them up even more, and next thing you know you're dealing with Mama June-ass women with a Beyonce complex. Or more specifically, "Boss bytches". They call themselves bosses, yet have a terrible workforce. Queen mentalities yet their core values are more on par with a peasant. And they get chosen over the virtuous women, and that throws the game all outta whack. It's a cycle all over, and personally I wouldn't wanna get caught up in it. I'm trying to build a dynasty right now. So they can go be Princesses and Queens all they want, but they gotta answer to a King. :youngsabo:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Women like to clown us for it, but a man's horniness is probably the most dangerous thing about him that will be his downfall if he doesn't control it. The thirst. We put women with undesirable attitudes and character traits on a pedestal which gasses them up even more, and next thing you know you're dealing with Mama June-ass women with a Beyonce complex. Or more specifically, "Boss bytches". They call themselves bosses, yet have a terrible workforce. Queen mentalities yet their core values are more on par with a peasant. And they get chosen over the virtuous women, and that throws the game all outta whack. It's a cycle all over, and personally I wouldn't wanna get caught up in it. I'm trying to build a dynasty right now. So they can go be Princesses and Queens all they want, but they gotta answer to a King. :youngsabo:

I said in the quick gems thread there are 3 things a woman can hold over a man

1. her beauty
2. sex
3. possibility of sex

and ill aother 4. children

Many men will give a dime leeway, ala take her back after cheating, even if she's treating him horribly and disrespecting him at every turn stay, rewire his mind that he should be lucky to even be with her

sex and even just the possiblity of sex will have men doing some of the most ridiculous things ever.

its crazy the things men will do for something they can get on backpage for 50 for a hour

thats why I alwys say you gotta enter a relationship from a position of value whena woman looks up to you she won't wanna f it up and if she does you cut your losses, the one thing aman has is the toss a chick in the bushes and never look back if she acts up.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I said in the quick gems thread there are 3 things a woman can hold over a man

1. her beauty
2. sex
3. possibility of sex

and ill aother 4. children

Many men will give a dime leeway, ala take her back after cheating, even if she's treating him horribly and disrespecting him at every turn stay, rewire his mind that he should be lucky to even be with her

sex and even just the possiblity of sex will have men doing some of the most ridiculous things ever.

its crazy the things men will do for something they can get on backpage for 50 for a hour

thats why I alwys say you gotta enter a relationship from a position of value whena woman looks up to you she won't wanna f it up and if she does you cut your losses, the one thing aman has is the toss a chick in the bushes and never look back if she acts up.

I've been reading that Gems thread from the beginning, not caught up to it but that thread is :banderas:, learned so much from there.

It IS crazy. When I sit and think about it, it makes me go "Wait, hol' up... All she has to offer that can be considered as 'power' over me is sex, her beauty and kids. In that case... well one, if I really wanna lay waste, I know it's a numbers game. And if I really wanna increase the variety, I can just invest in my own stocks. Two, girls take forever to get ready cause their beauty is enhanced by makeup and other equipment, and therefore their beauty I'd be enchanted by is an illusion. And three... I'm 21, I don't want no damn kids lmao. So why am I even tripping!? :huhldup:" And that's when I really understand that like everything, the power anyone has over you is the power you give them. Sometimes I need to remind myself of that tho.

Cheating broads smh. My ex I still to this day suspect she did. In her prime she was about an 8 or a 9. Me being 17 at the time, I thought I was lucky to have her, I wasn't hip to what I know now. Fast forward all these years, and she had a kid but I think was taken away by the government, her looks fell off, and is now homeless and is currently wandering around in Canada somewhere. She pulled all types of disrespect and I eventually had to say enough. Ain't seen her in person since 2010. She had a troubled and promiscuous background and her Pops had just died during the time of me getting to know her, but the biggest lesson I learned from that was: It never pays to be Captain Save-A-Hoe. Never.

Speaking on that, it's true and I just remembered instances of this. :ooh: Relationships or at least interactions seem to work better when the woman looks up to you in some way shape or form. It's somewhat of a common sense realization but, common sense isn't always that common. Value. It's like the same shyt as how some dudes will get nervous over a beautiful lady, but instead for them, it's his inner traits and redeemable qualities that make him go :youngsabo: and them like :noah:.