Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This lawyer failed them to be questioned

Jessica failed for refusing to tell her side of the story

Clay is a fukking idiot for losing those pictures

im not even sure why that weird shorty who was trying to be friends with Jessica stole the pics from clay's whip

the way they did that kid Tyler in the bathroom, gave him the Amadu Dialo. :scust:

that little cac was ready for war, no shot clay should have been able to talk him out of that

Justin staying home to shoot up that dog food :sas1: saw that shyt coming

Jessica really just gonna fukk Justin in the locker room though?? :why:

that chic Chloe at the end crying cause she pregnant :obama:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
ep 7

dude aint been to school in how long?
first period sits right next to school oxy dealer :deadmanny:

that dude was so happy to see him too. lol @ him having the H on deck but not the oxy. I was crying when he used the term "works" too

also, when the cop dad takes them shooting, he must have said CLIP about 20 times instead of Magazine. felt like someone put that in there on purpose to get people who know about that angry

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Taken from Reddit. Perfectly outlines my frustrations with the lawyer

I don't want to get into too much detail about my old job but basically I was in California criminal court rooms a lot, in 5 different cities over 14+ years so I speak from some experience. (For me it was adult court and mostly drug, violence, & gang related stuff but I think what I'm about to say still applies.)

I think the real problem is the writing. The lawyer won the case for client so there's that, but she did it in a way that would have been basically impossible IRL. The witnesses she called, the questions she asked, the things she knew that she had no possible way of knowing, most of it was completely irrelevant to whether THE SCHOOL was responsible for Hannah's deaths or not. I said the same in a different thread but I'll repeat it. Had this been real life, Hannah's lawyer would have been going "Objection your honor, relevance?" every two seconds.

Her attitude, condescending tone, facial expressions, were just designed to annoy the shyt out of the viewer. IRL that kind of behavior can annoy the shyt out of juries too and cause them to vote a certain way just because they hate the lawyer so much so the lawyer has to walk a thin line between choosing to use psychological microagression tactics to psych-out the witness but also not be a fukking grinch about it to the point where everyone can see right through her. People make fun of lawyers like that, like that they must have just graduated law school and learned how to behave in a court room from watching TV and don't have much IRL lawyering experience.

Bryce's courtroom scene was pretty realistic though. They don't really make it too clear but he WAS found guilty, and that was just his sentencing hearing. I was surprised however that he was either not put on the sex offender list (which I'm pretty sure is mandatory with a guilty verdict) or that the show chose not to mention it. I like how they contrasted it with Justin, the poor kid, getting screwed and punished worse than the actual rapist, however he DID have both Clay's fancy-lawyer mom and Hannah's parent's lawyer defending him so that was weird. I would have thought they could have done much better for him and that they would have known all the way from the beginning about him being a minor and only being released to a guardian. They should have started the emancipation process for him or found him a legally appointed guardian and not waited until the last second.

What happened to Justin was more like what would have happened had he had a public defender assigned to him that had zero time for him because s/he has like 20 other clients. What I'm trying to say is that he should have gotten off, but I think 13RW was trying to make a point about how rich kids get off and poor kids don't but they did it in a pretty unrealistic way that crumbles apart when you look closer. Actually I'm not even sure what he got convicted of? Accessory to rape? Apparently he plead (either guilty or no contest to something, but to what??) And why the fukk would they let him plead like that? They should have gone the "not guilty" route all the way from the beginning. Even if Bryce was found guilty of rape, two bright lawyers could have still gotten Justin off as not guilty of being an accessory (or whatever it is he was charged with.)

There was a case in California maybe 25-30 years ago where a grown man grabbed a little girl and raped her in a gas station bathroom and his friend just stood there and did nothing to stop him or go get help, like he just stood there like a tree, not participating at all, and he got off because it turns out there was nothing in the law requiring that he do anything. The prosecution I think tried to twist it like he was standing guard and try to nail him on that, but even that was thrown out. So just using that case as a precedent, Justin at least fought with Bryce and tried to stop it. This was just stupid.

So yeah back to your original question, she was a joke. But Clay's mom and Hannah's mom's lawyer was an even bigger joke.

And why didn't Hannah's mom's lawyer ever bring up that ANOTHER STUDENT, Alex, also tried to kill himself? This school has a track record of two suicides attempts by students in one semester, clearly that's a red flag.

I think the 13RW team should have consulted with actual lawyers on this courtroom stuff. If they did, then they didn't listen to what the lawyers had to say because I can't see any lawyer giving a thumbs up to how the writers depicted things.

Kixx

Pro
Daps
Is this shyt actually worth watching? Season 1 was surprised me and i liked it, but is season 2 even necessary? Deciding to start this, Safe, or Lost in Space. Not really excited about any of them.

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only one who was hoping Tyler would kill that cac that sodomized him :picard:

I was like no dont shoot up the school. Go kill that motherfukker that had you leaking out the ass.:hhh:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
The last episode is disturbing as hell (the Tyler stuff)
I honestly wanted Tyler to go on with what he planned to do. The shyt he went through after he came back had me fuming

Bryce is the epitome of priviledge.

He KNOWS nothing will happen to him.

:mindblown:

Nobody gets punished, nobody gets their comeuppance.

And they left enough things open ended to create another season.
Bryce is terrible but his episode made me feel a little bad for him. Especially at the end when his accounts of consensual relations with Hannah were revealed to be based on actual situations with her that were merely displays of his loneliness. He's an only child with distant rich parents that don't even really talk to him. His only friends are on the baseball team and even though he's a high school sports star he can't get p*ssy without taking it. Dude has a sad life lowkey
:francis:

The only person that has no reason to show empathy for in this series is Monty. He's a psychopath who almost murdered 2 people because of his closet homosexual love for Bryce smh