13 Reasons Why - Season 1 Official Thread

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Total guess and I'm only on episode 4. But I got a feeling this dead chick is setting these people up for revenge. Maybe even murder
Not quite

But she did start off a chain of events

Daps
His job is a Guidance Counselor who supposed to guide kids to the right direction and the help they need not compel them. At least that's why I got from them. He had 50/50 chance of saving here to me

But I get what you're saying tho. I just think the real victim here Is Jessica. How fukked up is it to find out you were raped from a suicide tape.

I mean what did Jessica do to Hannah besides what typcial Girls in HS do surrounding boys. And she apologized... But no Hannah stills wants to make that fukked up tape..

And they fukked tape just set off a chain of events to where some kid just shoot himself and there's a possibility another kid is gonna shoot up the school

Thats what I struggle with also. Are these revenge tapes? She making herself a marytr? What were they supposed to do? Because what they ended up doing is much worse than 1 suicide.

Hm you're probably right about that. Losing his job would be an exaggeration and its probably not necessary. I just felt that the way he was hunting each of them down after her death. He brought each of them into his office to figure out who had to do with what, and when. It cant be your job NOW if it wasn't your job before. Yet he seemed eager to come down on Clay for some weed that wasn't his.

Anyhow fuk em all to be honest. The tapes scrutinize a group of imperfect people that don't have the social experience to navigate these situations correctly. ('cept Bryce and Justin)

Funny Parts I noticed:
  • Justin wants to "shut down" and "end people"... no one knows what that means
  • If Clay continues to ride that bike he wont make it to college. Dude should really get a bus pass and stop endangering his life with his poor cycling skills
  • Zack can't hoop for shyt. They tried to hide it with editing.
  • Tony popping up with that Magical Mexican wisdom. That role is usually reserved for old black men.

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
Yea the counselor dropped the ball but yet you got clowns defending just because he is black....He knew he dropped the ball you could see the regret and pain in his eyes during the present scenes

I'm literally :stopitslime::francis::scust::what::to::dahell: at the consistent failure to empathize and realize what victim blaming is in this thread.

The girl was new and by default an outsider of sorts. The very 1st circle she fell into rejected her completely because she was an easy target. Being turned down so quickly and harshly can B more difficult mentally than people who haven't experienced it would think.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I'm literally :stopitslime::francis::scust::what::to::dahell: at the consistent failure to empathize and realize what victim blaming is in this thread.

The girl was new and by default an outsider of sorts. The very 1st circle she fell into rejected her completely because she was an easy target. Being turned down so quickly and harshly can B more difficult mentally than people who haven't experienced it would think.
Because despite her hardship she did heinous act herself. You don't do that to a rape victim. Sorry I'm cant find empathy for her after that

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you are asking what was the point of her making the tapes then you clearly wasn't paying attention

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
If you are asking what was the point of her making the tapes then you clearly wasn't paying attention

If you don't see what she did to Jessica was wrong then youre just as fukked up as Hannah is

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
Because despite her hardship she did heinous act herself. You don't do that to a rape victim. Sorry I'm cant find empathy for her after that

You're forgetting that watching something as brutal as rape is traumatizing in and of itself. The kid Bryce was also a rich entitled asdhole. She may have been afraid that he had the type of money to make that shyt go away.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just finished it shyt is pretty depressing but a very good show. The rape scenes were cringe worthy but damnit the suicide scene was :damn::wtf::why: I wasn't hoping they didn't show it.

I do feel like most of the stuff up until Tape 12 were kinda light but then again when you're a teenager you feel like high school is the end all be all. People and things that were a big deal to me in HS are so irrelevant now it's not even funny but you probably couldn't have told me that back then.

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
You're forgetting that watching something as brutal as rape is traumatizing in and of itself. The kid Bryce was also a rich entitled asdhole. She may have been afraid that he had the type of money to make that shyt go away.
Which is why I using that logic to some of these kids she guilt trip in the tapes :hubie:

Its like everybody has problems. But it comes down to how you handle it.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Just finished it shyt is pretty depressing but a very good show. The rape scenes were cringe worthy but damnit the suicide scene was :damn::wtf::why: I wasn't hoping they didn't show it.

I do feel like most of the stuff up until Tape 12 were kinda light but then again when you're a teenager you feel like high school is the end all be all. People and things that were a big deal to me in HS are so irrelevant now it's not even funny but you probably couldn't have told me that back then.
I had to skip that shyt