12/9 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Regis Prograis (WBC Jr Welterweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
He did but he can always go down to 135 (WE HOPE)he doesn’t owe Shakur a shot a shyt. Devin went and got them belts and fought loma. I like Shakur I think people are definitely avoiding him which sucks cause 135 is a good weight class. Devin the only one that’s moving right and taking risk and capitalizing on them. Shaker should’ve took that first offer and signed that shyt ASAP.
His road to them belts was weak tho.

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I agree with the premise that he should have taken the fight. Regardless of the split he was given
BUT ya'll are overblowing it with the "Oh man, Shakur is done for he missed his chance". Shakur and Top Rank are already talking about a match with Loma later in the year, so relax

And this whole undying praise for Haney is funny to me. Before the two victories over Kambossos, Haney was a question mark by getting rocked by Linares and having a subpar showing against JoJo Diaz. Let's not get carried away like Haney is head and shoulders above everyone in 135/140 :mjlol:
Arum just dismissed the Shakur/Loma fight for some reason.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Arum just dismissed the Shakur/Loma fight for some reason.

I think they said Loma wants to take the time off. He's probably taking the Haney loss really hard
Is the Haney vs Regis fight still on?

Daps
Haney would have to have the worst night of his life to lose this one

Regis got power but no boxing skills

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think they said Loma wants to take the time off. He's probably taking the Haney loss really hard
Is the Haney vs Regis fight still on?

they gonna set up Loma to get the WBO and then a bullshyt unification (notice Bob says Loma is ranked high in every sanctioning body so it won't be an issue to get him fighting for a belt).

Loma vs Shakur for a belt unification Summer/Fall 24 sounds better from a selling stand point (allows Shakur to defend the WBC he wins this year so his resume at 135 looks solid + Loma gets a bounce back win fighting for a vacancy early 24, vs potential back to back losses).

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with the premise that he should have taken the fight. Regardless of the split he was given
BUT ya'll are overblowing it with the "Oh man, Shakur is done for he missed his chance". Shakur and Top Rank are already talking about a match with Loma later in the year, so relax

And this whole undying praise for Haney is funny to me. Before the two victories over Kambossos, Haney was a question mark by getting rocked by Linares and having a subpar showing against JoJo Diaz. Let's not get carried away like Haney is head and shoulders above everyone in 135/140 :mjlol:
Hahaha.....my man using getting hit with a punch (not getting knocked down) and calling 10-2'ing a former world champion subpar just to discredit an undisputed champion. Yall haters are wild with it. He fought 5 straight former champs, while beating 2/3 of the last unified champs in the division, and yet you wanna prop some unproven contender up over him? Wild times.

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
Same road Tank was scared to walk down tho. Loma was the roadbloack and regardless of what he did to Kambosas, he came back and got the scalp of the original champ.
He got the scalp?

Did you watch that fight?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Hahaha.....my man using getting hit with a punch (not getting knocked down) and calling 10-2'ing a former world champion subpar just to discredit an undisputed champion. Yall haters are wild with it. He fought 5 straight former champs, while beating 2/3 of the last unified champs in the division, and yet you wanna prop some unproven contender up over him? Wild times.

All 3 are elite.... but neither Haney, Shakur, or Tank have done anything to separate themselves as the clear cut dominant fighter in the 135 division

Haney gets the edge obviously because of his belts, but he has not looked dominant in the ring outside of the 2 fights with Kambossos, which is not saying much. However I do give props to Haney's management team, because they are the ones who put him in this position