StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Brandi is literally the nobody meme :russ:

I don't understand what's going on there.

Other than that it was a by the books kinda show. Hopefully next week brings the heat.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
:hhh: Show was ass this week and I’m a fan

highlight was Lambert calling Brandi a stripper

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I literally dont understand how you have a TNT special booked for a week from now (called Battle of the Belts) and only have ONE TITLE match on that card right now, and have FOUR title matches on the 2 shows right before it. That makes no sense.

Pissed off even more cause I have ticket for the show. I thought it was gonna be a full on 'Clash of the Champions' type show with announced, especially with the next PPV not until March. Thought they would have all 5 belts (6 if you count the FTW) on the line at the show.

Just poor booking and thats rare for AEW so far in their existance.

I was hoping for a Hail Mary when CM Punk came out and started mentioning wanting gold and about Brodie Lee, that he was gonna challenge Cody for the TNT belt at the show.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Alright, I just popped an edible and am watching the MotY/Brandi Rhodes promo again. Thoughts:

-What the fukk does Scorpio Sky think he's doing? Acting like he's about to pop, lock, and drop it in the middle of Lambert's promo for no fukking reason. Please don't give this guy the TNT Belt. Or any belt, for that matter.

-I usually defend Lambert promos, but 20 seconds in and this shyt had me begging for Brandi's interruption. Awful on a comedic level, as Lambert just fukking drones on with this pointless promo while Sky does the Lil Uzi Vert twerk on the side...as the crowd boos the shyt out of them heedless of what Lambert is actually saying. shyt is almost Dadaist.

-Thank goodness for that Ethan Page interruption. Total breath of fresh air given what came before. Read into that what you will regarding it's actual quality (I generally like the guy, honestly).

-Why the fukk is Sky taking bumps and rolling around like a jackass from a Lambert joke I've already forgotten?

-The Transformers joke was legitimately funny...probably too funny, since it got half the crowd to applaud the truth of the statement. He then continues to turn himself babyface by telling the truth about one Cody Garrett Runnels Rhodes.

-Did we ever determine whether Brandi was bleaching her skin or not? Because she was looking considerably lighter here. Might just be me or the lighting. :yeshrug:

-Brandi's black accent would be considered racist if a white woman were cutting this promo.

-Brandi also got the most heat on the show, I believe.

-Brandi got Paul Heyman booed by a smark crowd.

-Brandi's promo is so bad it made me forget how stupid Scorpio Sky looked during the entire promo.

-Dan Lambert continues to get light applause for telling the truth about one Brandi Alexis Runnels.

-I was trying to think of something to say after Brandi's awful "black bytch" line, but I think JR said it best: "This is not good booking here." Glad he's back.

-I try so hard to like the Men of the Year, but can they not act like midcard idiots for any length of time? For fukk's sake...

This is almost comically bad, maybe one of the worst segments in AEW history. The only reason it wouldn't is because Lambert tells some truths and it's sometimes funny. Did this accomplish any of the goals TK was trying to achieve when he booked it?