[12/13/23] AEW Dynamite Winter is Coming: Swerve vs. Moxley C2 supremacy; The Von Erichs Appears; Riho Lesnar, Hangman, Roddy in action

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't really know who the "best" winner would be.... I'm pretty much in the "anyone but Mox" camp. I guess I'd say maybe Danielson or someone like a Brody.

If I had faith in this being a good thing for Swerve then obviously him but I rather he go beat MJF
Everyone with an ounce of wrestling knowledge sees that Swerve should be the next world champ.

If I had more faith in Tony's booking I'd be ok with Swerve being the inaugural CC champion and having those belts for a couple of months before setting up a Revolution title match against MJF. But with how things are looking, he could get that Triple Crown and lose all his momentum by being relegated to aimless TV segments/matches and being on ROH tapings while Max gets this godawful Devil angle out of the way, which could take who knows how long after the Devil is finally revealed :francis:

At this point I think Eddie or Brody winning the tournament is the best case scenario as both can withstand the inevitable cooldown that Tony will provide to the winner after World's End. Danielson would be an ideal choice if his body wouldn't be breaking down so fast.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Everyone with an ounce of wrestling knowledge sees that Swerve should be the next world champ.

496855a5adeba9134354bb680951dab4dd585f7d.gif

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

If I had more faith in Tony's booking I'd be ok with Swerve being the inaugural CC champion and having those belts for a couple of months before setting up a Revolution title match against MJF. But with how things are looking, he could get that Triple Crown and lose all his momentum by being relegated to aimless TV segments/matches and being on ROH tapings while Max gets this godawful Devil angle out of the way, which could take who knows how long after the Devil is finally revealed :francis:

At this point I think Eddie or Brody winning the tournament is the best case scenario as both can withstand the inevitable cooldown that Tony will provide to the winner after World's End. Danielson would be an ideal choice if his body wouldn't be breaking down so fast.
ROH men’s champs are rarely ever on ROH other than Shibata (who just had to leave to go back to Japan indefinitely) so no need to worry about the C2 winner showing up there either

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
ROH men’s champs are rarely ever on ROH other than Shibata (who just had to leave to go back to Japan indefinitely) so no need to worry about the C2 winner showing up there either
My issue isn't him missing TV because of ROH, my reservations come from thinking the TC champion will be as aimless as the ROH champion. Him being in a couple of tapings just gonna add to feeling lost in the shuffle.

I'd love to be proven wrong by Tony but he's earned not being trusted with these sorts of things. There's plenty of ways to book Swerve as TC champ and keep his momentum , I just don't see TK doing any of them :manny:

Last edited:

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
eddie kingston gonna win the continental classic just dont know if it will be vs mox swerve or jay white:jbhmm:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
The semifinals are before the PPV
Oh wait, I forgot they all in same side and Bryan on the other side. Thought it was Mox and Swerve on one then Jay White in the other. But then I think only 2 of them can end up with 12. Brody, Mark, Jay Lethal, that's 9 points for each. Mox beats Swerve, that's 12 for Mox. But then Swerve vs Jay White, not thinking correctly if that happened or not at this moment, but that would be the tiebreaker if both had 9. So yeah a 3 way tie is impossible.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
Oh wait, I forgot they all in same side and Bryan on the other side. Thought it was Mox and Swerve on one then Jay White in the other. But then I think only 2 of them can end up with 12. Brody, Mark, Jay Lethal, that's 9 points for each. Mox beats Swerve, that's 12 for Mox. But then Swerve vs Jay White, not thinking correctly if that happened or not at this moment, but that would be the tiebreaker if both had 9. So yeah a 3 way tie is impossible.
Mox/white probably gonna be a draw to avoid the 3 way tie

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
John Cena being the devil would have the IWC in a frenzy :lolbron:
Tbh, that's who Tony Khan should be going after. TK needs to swing for the fences for the reveal, and Jungle Boy, Dolph, Adam Cole or some random Japanese guy aren't even base hits.
If he wants to get the computers putin', then Tony needs to send a blank check to either John Cena or Dwayne Johnson. Those are the only two names who MIGHT erase the stink of losing Punk & Jade. If Tony can't bring ina big name, then he'd better have a big story planned. As it stands, this whole angle screams "anticlimactic".