[12/13/23] AEW Dynamite Winter is Coming: Swerve vs. Moxley C2 supremacy; The Von Erichs Appears; Riho Lesnar, Hangman, Roddy in action

Daps
413ZD2o.gif

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
there is no way that the stink of a loss is equal for punk and jade. but even still, can't judge a character that hasn't been revealed or established yet. thats the thing about wrestling or storylines, anything can happen. it could be somebody well known and they give a bad performance or it can be an unknown and they establish themselves with the performance of a lifetime. anything is possible. of course pressure is on more if its an unknown but who knows what may happen. i do think MJF as a good guy/devil alter ego could work if done right but who knows what direction they may go in. we shall see how this plays out. hopefully its an entertaining one. or maybe they reveal the henchmen first and it be a bunch of completely random folks that guessing the devil is confusing. they got plenty of options and ways to take this storyline thru out 2024.
Whomever it is can probably make the character work in the long run, but I'm talking about the initial reveal.
Remember when you were a kid, and you couldn't wait to open that huge box with the Star Wars wrapping paper that was under the Christmas tree? For weeks, you knew that it was going to be the most fun and amazing gift ever and you anticipated the joy and excitement that you'd get from playing with the contents.
When Christmas morning finally arrived, you didn't even get dressed or brush your teeth, you ran downstairs in your pajamas and ripped open your huge gift with the cool wrapping paper and it turned out to be socks & underwear.
What a bummer.
Sure, you got a lot of continued use of your socks & underpants, but all of the wind was taken out of your sails on that Christmas morning. Instead of the coolest gift ever, you got a lesson in disappointment.
Right now, the Devil character is that big box with under the Christmas tree, and I don't think that any of the fans will be happy if the reveal turns out to be the human equivalent of socks & underwear. Like I said earlier, Tony Khan needs to swing for the fences with this reveal.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Whomever it is can probably make the character work in the long run, but I'm talking about the initial reveal.
Remember when you were a kid, and you couldn't wait to open that huge box with the Star Wars wrapping paper that was under the Christmas tree? For weeks, you knew that it was going to be the most fun and amazing gift ever and you anticipated the joy and excitement that you'd get from playing with the contents.
When Christmas morning finally arrived, you didn't even get dressed or brush your teeth, you ran downstairs in your pajamas and ripped open your huge gift with the cool wrapping paper and it turned out to be socks & underwear.
What a bummer.
Sure, you got a lot of continued use of your socks & underpants, but all of the wind was taken out of your sails on that Christmas morning. Instead of the coolest gift ever, you got a lesson in disappointment.
Right now, the Devil character is that big box with under the Christmas tree, and I don't think that any of the fans will be happy if the reveal turns out to be the human equivalent of socks & underwear. Like I said earlier, Tony Khan needs to swing for the fences with this reveal.

Honestly the storyline should have been dropped the moment Adam Cole got injured. But TK doesn't like to pivot.

I'm also curious if the MJF - Adam Cole storyline and MJF's reign is doing good for business.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Honestly the storyline should have been dropped the moment Adam Cole got injured. But TK doesn't like to pivot.

I'm also curious if the MJF - Adam Cole storyline and MJF's reign is doing good for business.
You're right, the Devil character probably should've been silently dropped. Tony has dropped angles in the past (we never did learn why Sonny Kiss turned on Orange Cassidy, for example) and he could've easily followed suit here. I just hope the reveal of the Devil goes over better than the reveal of the fake Sting:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
You're right, the Devil character probably should've been silently dropped. Tony has dropped angles in the past (we never did learn why Sonny Kiss turned on Orange Cassidy, for example) and he could've easily followed suit here.
Key difference is that NO ONE GAVE A SH!T ABOUT SONNY KISS!!!!!

You can't silently drop, "who ran over Austin"

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
:whoo:

That’s a mighty high standard to meet

This is the third time you've posted tweets about that particular match, and I have no doubt that the match was incredible. That begs the question, though: if the match was so good, why bury it on the show that nobody watches? Tony Khan should've put the Top Flight match on last night's Dynamite, and saved that Riho BS for Rampage. Dude needs to learn how to format a show.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
What a bummer.
Yeah I feel you on that. Def gotta be their best reveal so far, especially with so much riding on it. Gonna be interesting.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This is the third time you've posted tweets about that particular match, and I have no doubt that the match was incredible. That begs the question, though: if the match was so good, why bury it on the show that nobody watches? Tony Khan should've put the Top Flight match on last night's Dynamite, and saved that Riho BS for Rampage. Dude needs to learn how to format a show.
You don't know how good a match is going to turn out before it happens.