[12/13/23] AEW Dynamite Winter is Coming: Swerve vs. Moxley C2 supremacy; The Von Erichs Appears; Riho Lesnar, Hangman, Roddy in action

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
You don't know how good a match is going to turn out before it happens.
That's the same thing Meltzer said about not planning for overruns.
Pro wrestling is all scripted, and modern wrestlers choreograph everthing down to the most minute detail. Knowing that, you know that there's a higher likelihood & higher probability that Top Flight vs the luchadors would be a smarter choice for your flagship show than Riho vs Ruby Soho.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
That's the same thing Meltzer said about not planning for overruns.
Pro wrestling is all scripted, and modern wrestlers choreograph everthing down to the most minute detail. Knowing that, you know that there's a higher likelihood & higher probability that Top Flight vs the luchadors would be a smarter choice for your flagship show than Riho vs Ruby Soho.
Some matches get called in the ring and aren’t scripted move by move beforehand.

But I agree it would have been better than Soho vs. Riho. But it would be a bad look if they had no women’s matches on their premier show.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Some matches get called in the ring and aren’t scripted move by move beforehand.

But I agree it would have been better than Soho vs. Riho. But it would be a bad look if they had no women’s matches on their premier show.
Some matches don't get called beforehand, you're right. However, a stuntfest that features a reckless idiot who crippled one of AEW'S top prospects was probably completely planned, planned, and planned again.

As far as "bad looks", Tony Khan moving the women to Rampage in favor of a better match would be the least damaging thing that he's done recently. Wasting the good match on the show where nobody will see it is the worst possible look.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Love these backstage promos they started doing for the C2. Hope they expand it to do it for every match even after the C2 ends

It’s obvious RUSH has been putting in a ton of work to improve his English as well

• Dap
Reactions: AVO
Daps

1702594361974697.png

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Damn that was some good ass wrestling on this show :ehh:

Roddy was showing the fukk out against hangman and the crowd was fukking with him

Rush is damn good, his intensity is very believable

Brody vs Ídolo was very hard hitting

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Main event :ehh: honestly expected a draw

That was a fun match though

Honestly I’d rather swerve lose the tournament and get the main belt

The devil should cost MJF the match against swerve :manny: but I’m sure mjf will be stuck feuding for months with the devil so I doubt swerve will get anything