[12/13/23] AEW Dynamite Winter is Coming: Swerve vs. Moxley C2 supremacy; The Von Erichs Appears; Riho Lesnar, Hangman, Roddy in action

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This. A smaller venue would look better and sound better on television. Hopefully, AEW starts airing shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom and returns to Daily's Place (complete with wrestlers betting on matches) in 2024.
They do have a show scheduled for Daily’s Place in January I think

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Speaking of the Von Erichs, I wonder if Tony Khan will sign Marshall & Ross Von Erich when their MLW contracts expire.
They're a solid tag team; and they can work both the traditional & modern styles. They could be the FTR of Dynamite.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Looks like regardless of what happens with Moxley’s match this week, if Jay White wins, the winner of White-Moxley next week will be to determine one of the two people to advance to the semifinals out of the gold league

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This. A smaller venue would look better and sound better on television. Hopefully, AEW starts airing shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom and returns to Daily's Place (complete with wrestlers betting on matches) in 2024.
Hammerstein is way too small though. For 1 special Dynamite I can see it but downsizing to 1.8k seems like too much. Besides, tickets would be hilariously expensive and people might not even go because of it :dead:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Hammerstein is way too small though. For 1 special Dynamite I can see it but downsizing to 1.8k seems like too much. Besides, tickets would be hilariously expensive and people might not even go because of it :dead:
Perspective. The Hammerstein is small, but it's an iconic wrestling venue that looks and sounds fantastic on television. It's the Apollo Theater with a wrestling ring.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Perspective. The Hammerstein is small, but it's an iconic wrestling venue that looks and sounds fantastic on television. It's the Apollo Theater with a wrestling ring.
Yeah, it works for one show. My point is that booking other venues that are that small isn't the best choice either. Stay at 3-5k small arenas for the most part.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Yeah, it works for one show. My point is that booking other venues that are that small isn't the best choice either. Stay at 3-5k small arenas for the most part.
We're talking about two different things now. You're talking about seating capacity, and I'm talking about television presentation.
I don't care how many seats they fill, I like aesthetically pleasing venues like the Hammerstein, Daily's Place, the Thunderdome (I wish it would come back, too), the ECW arena, and the Asylum that are filled with loud, participative crowds (the Thunderdome being the obvious exception).

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
@Cattle Mutilation other than Eddie Kingston's old belts (technically, shouldn't he already be a former champion now?), what's the prize for winning the entire tournament? I don't remember.
It's a triple crown belt unifying the Continental Classic belt and the two belts Eddie has. Don't recall there being anything else attached to it.