[12/13/23] AEW Dynamite Winter is Coming: Swerve vs. Moxley C2 supremacy; The Von Erichs Appears; Riho Lesnar, Hangman, Roddy in action

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's a triple crown belt unifying the Continental Classic belt and the two belts Eddie has. Don't recall there being anything else attached to it.
The winner gets 3 belts, that's the point of it being a Triple Crown.

We still don't know if the whole thing is gonna be symbolic (like the Owen Hart Cup belts) or if they will be defended regularly and the champion will always have to put it up for grabs every year during the CC.

I hope people ask about that at the World's End presser because something tells me Tony will make a mess out of his answer :mjlol:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
A unified title? That cements the AEW/NJPW connection! :leon:
They should expand it to include some CMLL title to make it a quadruple crown. According to Cagematch they have 33! active titles, surely they could find a way to give up one for the unified title.

And no that is not a typo, 33 is the number of active titles CMLL has.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
I’m going with Mox and Swerve tying with Jay White winning to add to increase the stakes in next week’s matches. That would make all three still capable of winning the Gold League so the stakes for next week’s matches would be extremely high.
Good point, I forgot the match can end in a draw

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Good point, I forgot the match can end in a draw
As far as keeping the stakes up for next week, it’s the most logical thing to do.

And with how infrequently Mox loses and his stature within the company, the only time he should lose in this is either in the semifinal or the final.

If Mox and Swerve tie, wouldn’t surprise me if they both win next week to finish tied at the top and then face off again in the semifinals with the title shot at Worlds End on the line. That would give Swerve’s hopeful W over Moxley much more significance than being merely a group-play W. Basically the difference in winning a regular season vs. playoff matchup.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh