11 Things You Can ONLY Do in New York City

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
If you are one of us that hasn't been to NYC before, you a muthafukking lie that you won't be playing 'Empire State of Mind' Jay Z ft. Alicia Keys and getting a little emotional/chills when you get there. Lmao

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a terrible list.

Very generic, besides the Jackson Heights recommendation.

The sports culture in NYC is okay. There are serious fans, but most people aren't that serious and a lot of transplants don't care about the local teams (MSG is an exception, however).

Bodegas are, generally, gas stations that don't sell gas. If you know the guys who own one or work there, you could get some dope stuff "behind the counter". When I was younger and used to drink, I'd get nutcrackers and "Jugo" (some juice-flavored alcohol concoction, there was a orange/red and green one) that I used to get. They'd look like big quarter water bottles. If you're really plugged in you could probably get other "stuff" there, but that's the type of activity I never got involved with personally. There's some characters who kick it at bodegas that are fun and entertaining.If you live in a neighborhood and spend time there it could be entertaining. I could see why they might be interesting to someone who has never lived in a city of any kind at all, but it's not worth traveling all the way to NYC so see a fukking bodega imo, espcially with what it has to offer.

Here is my personal list:

1. Go see a game at MSG. The Knicks or Rangers. Either or. Neither team is really very good historically, but MSG is a special arena worth seeing. The new Yankee Stadium is mid and the team is too. Not worth seeing the Yankees at this time.

2. The Cloisters. Even if you don't like art, this place is interesting. The location, the park, the view of the Palisades. It's dope. Plus it'll expose you to uptown, a part of Manhattan that a lot of tourists don't usually see.

3. City Island- It's a pain to get to, especially during the summer, but it's one of the most interesting neighborhoods in the boroughs. Good seafood spots there too and a nice beach nearby.

4. Visit various Queens neighborhoods. Jackson Heights and Flushing are both cool. I like that neighborhood Steinway too (It's like Egyptian or Arabic. Some good food spots and the Egyptian Coffee Shop is bugged out).

5. Go to a "classic" old school NYC restaurant. Pretty much all decent sized cities have solid "modern" restaurants. There's good ones in NY, but nothing extremely unique that you couldn't find in other cities. But classic spots like Arturo's, Umberto's, Keen's, Manna's (Sylvia's is okay too but too touristy), El Quixote, Petrossian Cafe, etc. Places that have been around since before 2000 I'd classify as a classic joint now. Those are the types of places that you'll only find in NY, and are totally worth it if you make the trip.
When I went to the cloisters the first time that shyt was like you stepped into a castle in Europe. Beautiful park.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
5 and 11 are the only things you can't do in Chicago. The tallest observation deck in the western hemisphere is CN Tower in Toronto. The tallest observation deck in the US is still the Sears Tower in Chicago which is at 412.7 meters. One WTC observation deck is 386.6 meters. One WTC is only 14 feet higher than the Sears (and that's because of its spire) and it's observation deck is on a lower floor.

13tallest-graphic-popup.gif

Have a dikk swinging competition with buildings, breh.

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Jackson Heights in the summer....Yeesh.

Rivaled by Washington Heights in the summer which is also fukking nuts.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
8 things you cannot do in NY

Walk down a deserted road
Not see a rat daily
Look at other people
Have silence
Park (easily or for free)
Build a treehouse
Leave anything unlocked
Afford to live

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Broadway shows? Other cities in the world have theatre districts

New York Pizza? I can find great pizza in many places unless you are so tribalistic that you think good pizza only exists in NYC.

The Met...yea I guess if museums are your thing but that wouldn't even be in my top museums. A far more interesting museum to me is the American Museum of Natural History..cool Dino exhibits and other shyt

Queens has phenomenal food and the most languages in the world are spoken in Queens.

TV/Movies sites.....come on man...you cn find shoot locations all over the fukking world

Sports culture is not a NY thing

Macy's is not a bragging point

I went to the Statue of Liberty with a friend....was a cool outing....so I will give him a pass for that one

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Im from Texas. I stayed in NY for 4 months last year and that bodega culture is different. Give me that 2 eggs, cheese, sausage, bacon, on a toasted roll. That gotdamn coffee.
:wow:
Don’t forget to cop that daily news on your way out to real while eating your breakfast