11 Things You Can ONLY Do in New York City

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That's not a spire? :picard:

But you're right, there is a difference between spires and antennas (I kept calling them spires) and it's something like they count spires as part of building height but not antennas or it could be the other way around, can't remember. Sears has antennas so technically those shouldn't count.

I was on there too. :obama:

Like around 2005-2009
Yeah its an debate as to whether 1 WTC stick on its roof is an spire or an antenna.

The rendering on the left is the O.G design, the rendering on the right is what we got.

20120509Tall-custom1.jpg

They usually only count spires as apart of building height but not antennas.....

concise

Veteran
Daps
This may sound ignorant but I couldn't imagine up in them things knowing happened to them. Does that not fukk you up? Like you and yours couldve been in there that day. Or it couldve happened whenever you were in there.

Imagine being up there shooting a music video

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
That’s a wack ass list, but definitely co-sign #5 - especially if you like trying different food.

The Birrialandia taco truck is a must when in Jackson Heights.

Here’s a better list for the more adventurous types:

1. Visit an abandoned beach (Dead Horse Bay)

2. Hit up the Coney Island boardwalk on a Friday night

3. Attend a warehouse party in Bushwick

4. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge during sunset.

5. Dumplings and a rub & tug in Flushing.

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This may sound ignorant but I couldn't imagine up in them things knowing happened to them. Does that not fukk you up? Like you and yours couldve been in there that day. Or it couldve happened whenever you were in there.
My people actually was in there that day. Only reason my man wasnt there is bc we got uncharacteristically drunk the night before and he woulda just been shadowing his step pops, who did pass that day. My bestie at the time was in there too but woke up at the hospital.

We know the risks of living here. #1 target shyt. :francis:

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
Sears Tower Skydeck - 1353ft
One World Observatory - 1250ft
Empire State Observation Deck - 1250ft
30 Hudson Yards Edge - 1131ft

Both One WTC and 30 Hudson yards websites claim to have the highest observation decks in the Western Hemisphere and both are outright lies.

Hudson Yards says ...

Then in the next paragraph...

:heh:

The only building taller than Sears in NYC is One WTC and they had to extend the height of its spire than originally planned because they were thirsty in finally claiming that title from Chicago.

Actually, Central Park Tower is taller than Sears and One WTC in terms of building height excluding the spires. If you count the spires (which to me is cheating), it moves to #3 after Sears.

Roof height is what counts

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Most of that isnt really appealing in IMO but I have gone to the MET and it was on point. I stay in the DMV though and can get a similar experience but would have to go to multiple museums.

Broadway was cool but off broadway plays are just as enjoyable.

NYC brehs, what’s up with the bodegas and delis? They lit enough for typical NYC cost of living? Also, does the NYC Macy’s have crackhead prices like every other Macy’s I’ve ever seen. Like 60% off :lupe:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
mostly tourist stuff but #5 is a must

00:00- Intro 00:13-
1) Hangout Where Presidents Did 01:05-
2) Broadway Shows 01:58-
3) New York Pizza 02:53-
4) The MET Museum 03:39-
5) Visit Jackson Heights, Queens 04:30- 6) Bodega/Deli Culture 05:30-
7) Visit the tallest observation deck in the Western Hemisphere 06:23-
8) TV/Movie Sites 07:11-
9) Sports Culture 08:04-
10) Visit Macy's 08:43-
11) Statue of Liberty 09:23- Bonus: Take a Tour of the United Nations

This is a terrible list.

Very generic, besides the Jackson Heights recommendation.

The sports culture in NYC is okay. There are serious fans, but most people aren't that serious and a lot of transplants don't care about the local teams (MSG is an exception, however).

Bodegas are, generally, gas stations that don't sell gas. If you know the guys who own one or work there, you could get some dope stuff "behind the counter". When I was younger and used to drink, I'd get nutcrackers and "Jugo" (some juice-flavored alcohol concoction, there was a orange/red and green one) that I used to get. They'd look like big quarter water bottles. If you're really plugged in you could probably get other "stuff" there, but that's the type of activity I never got involved with personally. There's some characters who kick it at bodegas that are fun and entertaining.If you live in a neighborhood and spend time there it could be entertaining. I could see why they might be interesting to someone who has never lived in a city of any kind at all, but it's not worth traveling all the way to NYC so see a fukking bodega imo, espcially with what it has to offer.

Here is my personal list:

1. Go see a game at MSG. The Knicks or Rangers. Either or. Neither team is really very good historically, but MSG is a special arena worth seeing. The new Yankee Stadium is mid and the team is too. Not worth seeing the Yankees at this time.

2. The Cloisters. Even if you don't like art, this place is interesting. The location, the park, the view of the Palisades. It's dope. Plus it'll expose you to uptown, a part of Manhattan that a lot of tourists don't usually see.

3. City Island- It's a pain to get to, especially during the summer, but it's one of the most interesting neighborhoods in the boroughs. Good seafood spots there too and a nice beach nearby.

4. Visit various Queens neighborhoods. Jackson Heights and Flushing are both cool. I like that neighborhood Steinway too (It's like Egyptian or Arabic. Some good food spots and the Egyptian Coffee Shop is bugged out).

5. Go to a "classic" old school NYC restaurant. Pretty much all decent sized cities have solid "modern" restaurants. There's good ones in NY, but nothing extremely unique that you couldn't find in other cities. But classic spots like Arturo's, Umberto's, Keen's, Manna's (Sylvia's is okay too but too touristy), El Quixote, Petrossian Cafe, etc. Places that have been around since before 2000 I'd classify as a classic joint now. Those are the types of places that you'll only find in NY, and are totally worth it if you make the trip.