11 Things You Can ONLY Do in New York City

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Im from Texas. I stayed in NY for 4 months last year and that bodega culture is different. Give me that 2 eggs, cheese, sausage, bacon, on a toasted roll. That gotdamn coffee.
:wow:
You painted a vivid ass picture. It sounds like it is flames :wow:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
This may sound ignorant but I couldn't imagine up in them things knowing happened to them. Does that not fukk you up? Like you and yours couldve been in there that day. Or it couldve happened whenever you were in there.
:francis:

That thought crosses my mind at least once a month, now. The first year after it happened, it was every day.

Literally imagine falling thousands of feet in flames and wake up right before I hit the ground.

The only thing worse was witnessing the beginning of Desert Storm believing it was the start of WWIII.​

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Shootin dice with rats :ohlawd:
Squaring up with the squirrels at Central Park and they square right back up with you :jawalrus:

Throwing trash on the sidewalk and no one says shyt about "littering" cause the sidewalk IS the dumpster :banderas:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That was my first time in NY. It was the last day on that solo trip. That was my 1st latino LATINA chick. Ole girl had some stacked.

No lie NYC in summertime is hella nice. So many beautiful women walking everywhere.
:wow:
Had to help you stay within Harlem boundaries, breh:whoa:

invalid

Banned
Daps
I think the tallest observation deck in America is still in NYC, just not at the WTC. One of the Hudson Yards buildings has an observation deck., I believe that the Hudson Yards deck is the highest in the U.S.

Sears Tower Skydeck - 1353ft
One World Observatory - 1250ft
Empire State Observation Deck - 1250ft
30 Hudson Yards Edge - 1131ft

Both One WTC and 30 Hudson yards websites claim to have the highest observation decks in the Western Hemisphere and both are outright lies.

Hudson Yards says ...

The Highest Outdoor Observation Deck in the Western Hemisphere Is Now Open​

The “Edge” in New York City’s Hudson Yards real estate development opened to the public on March 11. Here’s why it’s worth visiting.​

Then in the next paragraph...

Technically, the indoor observatories on the 102nd floors of New York’s One World Trade Center and the Empire State Building are the highest observation decks in New York City at 1,250 feet.

:heh:

The only building taller than Sears in NYC is One WTC and they had to extend the height of its spire than originally planned because they were thirsty in finally claiming that title from Chicago.

Actually, Central Park Tower is taller than Sears and One WTC in terms of building height excluding the spires. If you count the spires (which to me is cheating), it moves to #3 after Sears.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Both One WTC and 30 Hudson yards websites claim to have the highest observation decks in the Western Hemisphere and both are outright lies.

Hudson Yards says ...

The only building taller than Sears in NYC is One WTC and they had to extend the height of its spire than originally planned because they were thirsty in finally claiming that title from Chicago.

Actually, Central Park Tower is taller than Sears and One WTC in terms of building height excluding the spires. If you count the spires (which to me is cheating), it moves to #3 after Sears.
What's funny is One WTC doesn't even have an spare, it got stripped down to an basic broadcast antenna which they don't usually count in height rankings. They did NOT count the antenna on the old North Tower nor do they count the one on top of the Empire State Building in total height. The roof height of both old and new 1 WTC is 1,368 feet. I remember the renderings of the One WTC before it was completed, it had an real spire, with the broadcast transmitters inside of it IIRC. The final product is just an broadcast antenna.

I use to follow all this stuff in 2010/2011 when I frequented Skyscraper Page and Skyscraper City forums, good times :wow:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
UXijdt.gif

:pacspit:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hudson Yards says ...

It’s not a lie because it’s an outdoor observatory deck. I’ve been on it and it’s impressive. It’s basically a big ass balcony just hanging out. They got some area with a glass floor to look all the way to the bottom .

invalid

Banned
Daps
What's funny is One WTC doesn't even have an spare,

That's not a spire? :picard:

But you're right, there is a difference between spires and antennas (I kept calling them spires) and it's something like they count spires as part of building height but not antennas or it could be the other way around, can't remember. Sears has antennas so technically those shouldn't count.

I use to follow all this stuff in 2010/2011 when I frequented Skyscraper Page and Skyscraper City forums, good times

I was on there too. :obama:

Like around 2005-2009

invalid

Banned
Daps
It’s not a lie because it’s an outdoor observatory deck. I’ve been on it and it’s impressive. It’s basically a big ass balcony just hanging out. They got some area with a glass floor to look all the way to the bottom .

So does Sears. It's not outdoors though. They couldn't do outdoor observatories that high in Chicago because the wind coming off the lake would blow people off the buildings.

3714805033_a74c9578c4_b.jpg

Last edited: