[11/19/22] AEW Full Gear - Get your cocaine ready, going to be another long one

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
So what's next for Saraya? Are they gonna steal from the WWE playbook with Cawdy and make her fight Britt again?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
3/5 show

There were about 3 matches I cared about and the rest were poorly built feuds between people that I don’t care for

The. Six man match was dope, I’m surprised the elite didn’t win but I’m looking forward to see how they book a best of seven.

The ROH triple threat was dope but I wish they give Bryan a damn title. I feel like he is too good to not have one of the 152825 belts on that show.

And the main event was good, I didn’t see the regal turn coming.

As for the rest of the show, AEW needs to start doing better at making the mid card and women’s matches matter. Also this show was about an hour too long and they are tripping if they think people want to see these long as shows

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Wait.... they announce the best of 7 AFTER the 1st match? So we are already 1-0?

What in the WCW bullshyt is that!?
Whoa, whoa, whoa....WCW gave us the Booker T/Chris Benoit Best Of 7 series. That wasn't this.
A Best Of 7 between the Death Triangle and the Elite is just the long route to get the belts back on Kenny and The Bucks.
Instead of 7 classic matches between 2 certified wrestling legends, we're going to have to wade through almost 2 months of no-selling, false finishes, silliness, and obvious cooperation.
As bad as it was, even WCW 2000 didn't put us through that.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Whoa, whoa, whoa....WCW gave us the Booker T/Chris Benoit Best Of 7 series. That wasn't this.
A Best Of 7 between the Death Triangle and the Elite is just the long route to get the belts back on Kenny and The Bucks.
Instead of 7 classic matches between 2 certified wrestling legends, we're going to have to wade through almost 2 months of no-selling, false finishes, silliness, and obvious cooperation.

playing hot potato with the belt :snoop:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Man... AEW creative really hit rock bottom in 2022.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
TBD

the wrestling was every bit of what you'd expect (too many false finishes for my liking, seemed like in the later matches the crowd wouldn't even react to some of the finishers)

Show was eventful in the sense of it being a changing of the guard with so many major title changes, but it lacked a real "wow" moment, mostly because everybody had predicted the finish of the MJF match in advance so the turn wasn't as impactful IMO
I would sya this is pretty accurate, especially the bolded part. I was thinking to myself it missed an "it factor." MJF winning felt more like a coronation than anything else. Not that it was the wrong decision, it absolutely was the correct one, but it is what it is.

Only things that really disappointed me were
  1. House of Black didn't return - would have rather seen them return to set up a feud with The Elite than to set up a best-of-7 between Elite and Death Triangle
  2. Jericho won - this made me say "this is bullshyt" because I didn't want him to win
  3. Hobbs didn't win - I like Samoa Joe, so I have no problem with him winning, I just felt like it was time for Hobbs to hold a belt
  4. The tag title match didn't live up to the level of excellence the previous two matches had set. Each match in the trifecta was worse than the one before it. Though nearly every tag team match, if compared to their first meeting, would be worse than that one. That was one of my favorite tag matches ever despite The Acclaimed not winning. Alas, the correct team won and the story building to see up Keith Lee vs. Swerve was appropriate.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
JmXPhNQ.gif

They gotta do better about looking pissed about losing on the walkout :mjlol:
That Rosa one was the cage match against Britt at Revolution.
Toni one was from last night

*I know the gif fukked up :manny: