• you sound like a broke bum tryna justify not buying a 4K TV

Votes: 22 19.3%

• Total voters

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The game that really did it for me was metro.

I played on PC and had to chose between 4K ~45fps and a locked 1080p 30.

I chose the former. There’s just such an increase in visual fidelity, I don’t ever wanna play at 1080p again. 1440 is ok, but still I’ll chose 4K unless performance is really fukked.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Everything is “good” for everyone until they find something better :mjlol:

when I started upgrading TVs around the crib awhile back I compared the same shyt on the older 1080s with the new 4K ones since I had systems hooked up them and there’s definitely a noticeable difference.

The question is, is that difference enough to justify the cost and that’s subjective.

My old man says the same shyt about his basement big booty tv :flabbynsick:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
4k looks like you are staring through crystal
1080 is okay but there aint no going back .... shyt is way too sharp in 4k
from 20+ feet away I can see dust and shyt on the tires of cars

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Talk to me when the corporations are finally held to their promise to build out the infrastructure necessary. I'm not paying money for them to force 4k/8k/whatever content through 20+-year-old pipes.

:snooze:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:We honesty peaked at 1080p and there's no rising up from it. The only thing the industry need to focus on is refresh rate and nothing more. When I worked at Best Buy, one of the biggest scams is trying to convinced folks that 4K was the business, instead of enlightening them that it's a marketing ploy to sell Smart TV that become junk over the course of a few years in favor of being apart of a rat race. 4K can only accomplished the following:

• Better colors and textures (depends on what you watching)
  • Brings some movies to life (bullet one)
  • Makes video games look dope (bullet one)
Beyond that, if you are watching reality tv and regular shyt, it's pretty overkill. Don't get me started with it messing up old movies by making them look unrealistic.

Bottom line, folks still rocking with 720p for God's sake. Plus most folks moved onto monitors and etc. Only boomers and stunt boys try to get 80 inch 4k TVs like Baby and Mannie bragging about putting Dee Veee Deee in the fukking cars:mjlol:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Talk to me when the corporations are finally held to their promise to build out the infrastructure necessary. I'm not paying money for them to force 4k/8k/whatever content through 20+-year-old pipes.

:snooze:
Check to see if your area's providers has fiber internet available. If i move the neighborhood has to have that as an option to be a real choice.