Votes: 8 7.0%
  • you sound like a broke bum tryna justify not buying a 4K TV

Votes: 22 19.3%

• Total voters

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm just talking about in general. I have 1080p TVs in my house but my dad has 4K TVs all throughout his house and I don't see the difference. But I noticed that shyt that is broadcast/streamed is lower quality than actual media from a disc or hard drive so that may also be why I don't see a discernable difference, or it could be my previously mentioned terrible eyesight.

dunno how old your dad is or better yet how tech savvy he is but I had to tinker around with my TV settings to achieve a desired effect...I was disappointed initially til I googled around and found the optimal settings for my specific TV(s)...optimizing my 4K projector was a real pain in the ass tho :fire:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I'm just talking about in general. I have 1080p TVs in my house but my dad has 4K TVs all throughout his house and I don't see the difference. But I noticed that shyt that is broadcast/streamed is lower quality than actual media from a disc or hard drive so that may also be why I don't see a discernable difference, or it could be my previously mentioned terrible eyesight.

Also are you viewing 4k content? I would try shows or movies that are 4K on those tv's to compare. I only use 2K gaming monitors but when i switch from 1080 to 2K there is a noticeable difference.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
dunno how old your dad is or better yet how tech savvy he is but I had to tinker around with my TV settings to achieve a desired effect...I was disappointed initially til I googled around and found the optimal settings for my specific TV(s)...optimizing my 4K projector was a real pain in the ass tho :fire:

He's about as tech savvy if not more tech savvy than I am. He swears there's a difference.

Also are you viewing 4k content? I would try shows or movies that are 4K on those tv's to compare. I only use 2K gaming monitors but when i switch from 1080 to 2K there is a noticeable difference.

Yeah, but he doesn't have physical 4k media he has 4k content through his cable and on demand services, which I'm theorizing is not true 4k content.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just because higher resolution looks better like-for-like doesn't mean 1080p became ugly.

I'm 4k and 1440 only tho anymore :hubie: once the frames are there in 4k I'll leave 1440 behind too. Can't see myself ever going 8k. Just not worth it for me

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its upscale to faux 4K is considerably better than 1080p.

No it's not, I got a LG CX and a 1080p monitor, the game looks better on the 1080p with the super sampling enabled in the pro, in the faux 4k yo use all the flaws in the graphics, the super sampling smooths out the images

Game need 4k textures to look good in 4k, that's what you console only players don't understand

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No it's not, I got a LG CX and a 1080p monitor, the game looks better on the 1080p with the super sampling enabled in the pro, in the faux 4k yo use all the flaws in the graphics, the super sampling smooths out the images

Game need 4k textures to look good in 4k, that's what you console only players don't understand
:mjlol: