100 African Cities Destroyed By Europeans: WHY there are seldom historical buildings and monuments i

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
Like the Native American shaman in the x-files said (and I'm paraphrasing): "The Earth will eventually give up her secrets. No one can hide the truth forever."

:whew:

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
How were the cities built primarily with stone destroyed? It would take days to level a stone city with modern equipment, and the colonialists who came from distant lands hardly had enough explosives with them to level cities? Serious question. Cause it seems like a big task for generally poorly equipped foot soldiers from Europe.

I thought the exact same thing which is why I highly doubt any of these claims............

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought the exact same thing which is why I highly doubt any of these claims............
Wooden cities could be burnt. But the logistics of demolishing stone cities would be immense. It would be more likely that inhabitants could be killed or driven out, leaving stone cities. But out right destruction of them? Unlikely.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Wooden cities could be burnt. But the logistics of demolishing stone cities would be immense. It would be more likely that inhabitants could be killed or driven out, leaving stone cities. But out right destruction of them? Unlikely.

Most were not made of stone (outside of Great Zimbabwe) or only had stone fronts, plus Europeans definitely had enough explosives.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Almost every picture in this thread was a stone city. But fair enough.

mud brick

The Great Mosque of Djenné, in central Mali, is the world's largest mudbrick structure. It, like much Sahelian architecture, is built with a mudbrick called Banco: a recipe of mud and grain husks, fermented, and either formed into bricks or applied on surfaces as a plaster like paste in broad strokes. This plaster must be reapplied annually.[2]

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mud brick

The Great Mosque of Djenné, in central Mali, is the world's largest mudbrick structure. It, like much Sahelian architecture, is built with a mudbrick called Banco: a recipe of mud and grain husks, fermented, and either formed into bricks or applied on surfaces as a plaster like paste in broad strokes. This plaster must be reapplied annually.[2]
Makes more sense.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yeah I'm kinda paranoid..I have to deal with bandits and bribery in the desert

I don't think they'll let you go if there's a major situation. IDK... My sister is going to Ethiopia and they said she wouldn't be allowed to go if there was a bad situation going on in Ethiopia. I could be wrong.

I wanted to go to Mali. Make sure you take pictures of the architecture. :blessed: