10 Years Ago Today Jay Z Dropped Another Mediocre Forgettable Album

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
If jay z dropped as many bad albums as y’all say he did his career would been done 15 years ago. It’s nothing wack about this album at all

It's bad for his standards.

And lets be real, we all know he's been living off his name, his brand, his "boss" status, and Beyonce for a good 15 years now..

Jay, the elite rapper ended in 2007.

:francis:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
It's bad for his standards.

And lets be real, we all know he's been living off his name, his brand, his "boss" status, and Beyonce for a good 15 years now..

Jay, the elite rapper ended in 2007.

:francis:
Beyoncé fans are not listening to no damn jay album.

Jay Z is by far the most quoted rapper ever. Because people care about what he say still to this day. A skill that none of his peers have anymore

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Beyoncé fans are not listening to no damn jay album.

Jay Z is by far the most quoted rapper ever. Because people care about what he say still to this day. A skill that none of his peers have anymore

Yeah,, from 1996 to 2007.

2007- to Current. He's Ken Griffey Jr on the backend of his career type shyt..

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Yeah,, from 1996 to 2007.

2007- to Current. He's Ken Griffey Jr on the backend of his career type shyt..
Dudes quote from all his albums
Unlike his peers. When someone mentioned Eminem it’s always shyt from his first 3 albums same for this other guy. Jay ran laps around his peers. And going 3x plat 17 years shows how much people care

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Unlike his peers. When someone mentioned Eminem it’s always shyt from his first 3 albums same for this other guy. Jay ran laps around his peers. And going 3x plat 17 years shows how much people care

GyNI.gif

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Seriously. It's the ONLY Jay album besides the R Kelly albums that felt like a literal cash grab to keep him relevant. Kingdom Come, BP2, Vol. 3, Blueprint 3, and even the Linkin Park project felt more authentic than this.

At least Hov had more personality and skill on those albums. Hov sounded lifeless on most of MCHG and his rapping was at a low point.

breh it pains me. cause when I hear verses from in my lifetime my mind is BLOWN. like he the GOAT FR FR. then to hear shyt like MCHG.....make it make sense....

and then behind the scenes he's helping out all sorts of hip-hop pioneers n actively helping the community...it makes me not want 2 hate cause it seems so righteous....

confusing FR

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
probably posted in the the thread a year ago

but remember that weekend vividly

this played the whole weekend, party at two of my homies spot, girls everywhere, this was playing, which is probably the last time that will happen with a Jay album lol

but it was always weak at worst and underwhelming at best, when the best song was a Beyonce collab

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
probably posted in the the thread a year ago

but remember that weekend vividly

this played the whole weekend, party at two of my homies spot, girls everywhere, this was playing, which is probably the last time that will happen with a Jay album lol

but it was always weak at worst and underwhelming at best, when the best song was a Beyonce collab

getting mad play shouldn't be the bar for quality control. I remember when 2001 dropped and every car driving by was playing a different song from it. I rarely hear that album get praise as the GOAT on here.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
It’s facts nobody care about what Em and Nas spit post 2002

Em cac base keeps him afloat
And the hatred of Jay z is Nas Stan’s lifeblood

While Jay Z still been relevant to hiphop on a elite level ever since 1996 and still going

:sas1:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

breh if I remember correct for MCHG he had some deal with a phone company to go platinum off rip