10 year $341 Million for Francisco Lindor :damn:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
You thought shyt was sweet? Gov taking 40% off top.. NYS taking 8%.

only way breh minimize that take liability employing folk to work for him under his LLC and writing off expenses, salaries, leasing vehicles, mortgage interests etc.. all that shyt has to be under the name of the LLC.. even his cellphone bill, cable etc lmaoo

He is gonna kill the endorsement game...

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
You thought shyt was sweet? Gov taking 40% off top.. NYS taking 8%.

only way breh minimize that take liability employing folk to work for him under his LLC and writing off expenses, salaries, leasing vehicles, mortgage interests etc.. all that shyt has to be under the name of the LLC.. even his cellphone bill, cable etc lmaoo

That’s what i was alluding to, that contract in ny getting ate the fukk up, but I’m sure there are ways around it

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Well, I guess you're going to learn the hard way.
Just like when I told this board about Jason Hayward...

:coffee:

Compare Lindor to Heyward brehs. :unimpressed:

Player Batting Comparison: Francisco Lindor vs. Jason Heyward | Stathead.com

I watch baseball and I still think it's too much money. These deals are never good beyond year 5, in which case he will be 32 years old. I have no problem with spending, but they bid against themselves here.

Agreed.

I think it's too much money too.. don't get me wrong. But you're not gonna be able to attract top tier talent if you don't pay. If Lindor didn't sign this, he's be a Giant, a Yankee or an Angel at this time next year. He was getting this type of money regardless.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Compare Lindor to Heyward brehs. :unimpressed:

Player Batting Comparison: Francisco Lindor vs. Jason Heyward | Stathead.com

I think it's too much money too.. don't get me wrong. But you're not gonna be able to attract top tier talent if you don't pay. If Lindor didn't sign this, he's be a Giant, a Yankee or an Angel at this time next year. He was getting this type of money regardless.
Francisco Lindor projects as the 57th best hitter going into 2021.
Defense matters but even that doesn't elevate Lindor all that much to make this contract anywhere near value.

I stand by what I said.
Bookmark this bytch and then give me my apology in 3 years.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's more than just baseball...

He grows the fanbase

Mets already have marquee players. Degrom, Alonso, Viking guy. They don't need a name. Build a consistent winner is the best way to grow the fanbase either way.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Francisco Lindor projects as the 57th best hitter going into 2021.
Defense matters but even that doesn't elevate Lindor all that much to make this contract anywhere near value.

I stand by what I said.
Bookmark this bytch and then give me my apology in 3 years.

Comparing him to Heyward was flat out clown shyt. You should apologize to US for having to read that shyt. And I already agree that its too much money, but in order to get top tier talent in 2021, you've gotta open up the wallet.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Comparing him to Heyward was flat out clown shyt. You should apologize to US for having to read that shyt. And I already agree that its too much money, but in order to get top tier talent in 2021, you've gotta open up the wallet.
You need to learn how to read and comprehend.

I never said Lindor = Heyward.

What I said was that I was right about Heyward, just like I am going to be right about Lindor.
Go back to school.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Mets already have marquee players. Degrom, Alonso, Viking guy. They don't need a name. Build a consistent winner is the best way to grow the fanbase either way.

I think this is the route we'll go from here on out. We've got our star base in Lindor, Alonso, Conforto, Noah and deGoat. Cohen wanted to make a splash after buying the team, and I'm all about it. Coming from the Wilpons, this was welcomed.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Since coming into the league only two other position players have a higher WAR than Francisco Lindor, so yeah, Lindor is that good.

Well, I guess you're going to learn the hard way.
Just like when I told this board about Jason Hayward...

:coffee:

@Tommy Fits brought up his WAR and his numbers and you tried to compare your Lindor 'i told you so' to Heyward's. Why even bring up Heyward if one scenario is nothing like the other?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Tommy Fits brought up his WAR and his numbers and you tried to compare your Lindor 'i told you so' to Heyward's. Why even bring up Heyward if one scenario is nothing like the other?
The scenario is = both guys are highly overpaid.

WAR is a fine stat, and quite valuable in telling us about past performance. It projects nothing, however.
So if Tommy Fits wants to pay Francisco Lindor for what he did in 2017...great. Maybe he can steal some money from Steve Cohen just like Lindor just did.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
The scenario is = both guys are highly overpaid.

WAR is a fine stat, and quite valuable in telling us about past performance. It projects nothing, however.
So if Tommy Fits wants to pay Francisco Lindor for what he did in 2017...great. Maybe he can steal some money from Steve Cohen just like Lindor just did.

I think everybody agrees that he was overpaid. What you're ignoring is the fact that somebody would've gave him that contract (if not more, if he has a crazy year) after this season. Cohen sacrificed a young shortstop with potential (in Rosario) and another young shortstop that can play multiple infield positions, that has promise (Giminez) and 2 prospects for Lindor and Cookie. You've gotta keep Lindor.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think everybody agrees that he was overpaid. What you're ignoring is the fact that somebody would've gave him that contract (if not more, if he has a crazy year) after this season. Cohen sacrificed a young shortstop with potential (in Rosario) and another young shortstop that can play multiple infield positions, that has promise (Giminez) and 2 prospects for Lindor and Cookie. You've gotta keep Lindor.
If the choice is between Lindor and Rosario...that's a no brainer. Lindor.
I agree with that.