10 Facts That Clear Up Confusion Around What Exactly Is an Arab

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
But if Jesus ans Mohammed walked into America today they would not be considered white lol, whether you think they were black enough is pure preception. Whites in america would not call them white.

From everything I've seen and read... they would be considered blacker than me.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
now explain these quotes:

Afro-Asiatica: An Odyssey in Black: January 2013

I think you are confusing ETHNOCENTRISM or ETHNIC BIAS with modern racism. at the end of the day, I view the quotes from arabs like al-andulasi in the same vein as the ancient greeks when it came to their views on the geramanic tribes of the north. one black skin peoples views of another black skin people.

are you ready to argue that the ancient greeks were not white because they were biased against the blonde hair germans?

All those quotes are saying is that Arabs are typically dark skinned, so what? These are two distinct peoples, they are NOT the same. There are tons of dark Arabs in the ME today who we wouldn't consider to be "black." Skin color isn't the issue here.

The quotes I posted from Said Al-Andalusi are relevant for two reasons:

1) They demonstrate that skin color is again, meaningless. Indians are described as "black." Does that mean Indians are black within the modern context?

2) He specifically calls Black Africans an inferior people. Being that he was a high ranking judge and Ummayad scholar (the same Ummayads you just finished saying were black), we can conclude that this view was typical at the time among Arabs, let alone Arab elites.

The fact of the matter is that Arabs viewed themselves as a civilizing force of the Africans, similar to Europeans. They considered Africans to be savages and Islam to be their saving grace. I hate to break it to you man but these guys did not look like James Harden. They looked like Bin Laden.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think a poster(getinthetruck) touched on it earlier that their two groups of Arabs:

Qahtani- pure/original Arabs, southern Arabs like the kind found in yemen

Adnan- Arabized, northern Arabs, people of north Africa and Levant

Qahtani Arabs in the American sense might be considered black, but not really in my view, although I will say most people in the "Arab world" consider them cousins of Abyssinians. I can tell alot of posters never been to middle east because there is so much strife between historical and modern day Arabs, that there is no clear answer of who is an Arab, other than if your father is an Arab your considered an Arab.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think a poster(getinthetruck) touched on it earlier that their two groups of Arabs:

Qahtani- pure/original Arabs, southern Arabs like the kind found in yemen

Adnan- Arabized, northern Arabs, people of north Africa and Levant

Qahtani Arabs in the American sense might be considered black, but not really in my view, although I will say most people in the "Arab world" consider them cousins of Abyssinians. I can tell alot of posters never been to middle east because there is so much strife between historical and modern day Arabs, that there is no clear answer of who is an Arab, other than if your father is an Arab your considered an Arab.

i believe that is all we (those arguing that the original arabs were black) are saying. According to the american racial paradigm, if Muhmmad and his earliest followers were walking down the streets of brooklyn in modern clothes, they'd be viewed as a group of black men.

the closest modern analog for the original arabs are the tribes in east africa like the somalians and afar ethiopians. both claim they are actually of arab origin. and I believe em cause they look like the arabs described in the old texts.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i believe that is all we (those arguing that the original arabs were black) are saying. According to the american racial paradigm, if Muhmmad and his earliest followers were walking down the streets of brooklyn in modern clothes, they'd be viewed as a group of black men.

the closest modern analog for the original arabs are the tribes in east africa like the somalians and afar ethiopians. both claim they are actually of arab origin. and I believe em cause they look like the arabs described in the old texts.

I would agree, a lot tribes in pre-islamic days around modern day hejaz, medina, and other cities in southern Arabia without a doubt would be consider black in the American sense, or at least mixed which is considered black in American( think of el debarge or Rick Fox). One thing that sticks out that alot people don't understand is that in the prophet Muhammad last speech he speaks of " whites having no superiority over blacks" and "or an Arab having no superiority over a non Arab". The point im making is most Arabs didn't align with whites or see themselves as part of white races (defacto aligning with blacks in his speech), but realized they were different/distinct from the blacks of Abyssinian or Ethiopia(rest of Africa)....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would agree, a lot tribes in pre-islamic days around modern day hejaz, medina, and other cities in southern Arabia without a doubt would be consider black in the American sense, or at least mixed which is considered black in American( think of el debarge or Rick Fox). One thing that sticks out that alot people don't understand is that in the prophet Muhammad last speech he speaks of " whites having no superiority over blacks" and "or an Arab having no superiority over a non Arab". The point im making is most Arabs didn't align with whites or see themselves as part of white races (defacto aligning with blacks in his speech), but realized they were different/distinct from the blacks of Abyssinian or Ethiopia(rest of Africa)....

exactly. just like the ancient greeks and romans viewed themselves as different from the germanic tribes to the north but would still be viewed as white today.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Who gives a shyt, this has nothing to do with Black folks..let them wipe each other off in that Syrian neighborhood of theirs.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I got no fukkin clue. All I know is they contradic each other and some are filled with outright lies. If they say muhammad had white skin, that is an outright lie.

Why should anybody believe you instead of Bukhari and Muslim? "White" in the sense it was used in hadiths probably meant "light brown." Either way, to believe he was black is pure fantasy.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Why should anybody believe you instead of Bukhari and Muslim? "White" in the sense it was used in hadiths probably meant "light brown." Either way, to believe he was black is pure fantasy.
Why is black skin in the same desert terrain and why would super light brown skin exist in a place where cancer would chew it off? Make SCIENTIFIC/ANTHROPOLOGICAL SENSE.