1 year in, what happened to the PS5 SSD hype?????

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've played every one of those games except for death stranding and none of them were very impressive.

Returnal was good, the rest of them I wouldn't even notice if it wasn't there. Demons souls adaptive trigger usage is so lazy, the shyt doesn't even kick in half the time.

They were used a lot in Deathloop. I said it before but the Nail Gun felt really cool when you charged it up like there were actual Nails rattling around in your controller. Same with Ghost of tsushima, you could feel your sword hitting different surfaces or the texture on the ground on your horse was running across etc.

In demons souls you could feel your spells courses through one side of the controller to the next. I honestly don’t know how you don’t notice it but its very noticeable for me.

Or maybe you just expect it to be as overstated as it was in Astro which is imo unrealistic and doesn’t make sense. The controllers features suit the game you’re playing in, i dont want all that crazy shyt in a 30+ hour adventure game, but Suckerpunch and Kojima implemented it perfect for the type of games they are they made them more immersive

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
And the deva aren't using it, why? :mjgrin:
I don't know... I'm not a dev :yeshrug:

It's just amazing that, like in other realms of life, people think they know more than the people coding the games because reasons..... I've only seen one dev in this entire thread, who disagrees... And that was about Ratchet and Clank being scaled down to work

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I don't know... I'm not a dev :yeshrug:

It's just amazing that, like in other realms of life, people think they know more than the people coding the games because reasons..... I've only seen one dev in this entire thread, who disagrees... And that was about Ratchet and Clank being scaled down to work
I'm a dev. :mjgrin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why is Sony getting blamed like 3rd party devs weren't agreeing in full with every word they said. Even giving examples of how amazing it was.
Devs always repeat whatever hype the console makers tell them to.

Anyone when sense at the time knew it was just a bunch of marketing hype.

This thread is to laugh at Sony stans blindly following and even exaggerating what would/could actually be done with a SSD :mjlol:

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
I recently put my original Xbox One in the bedroom so I can watch Netflix. I also installed Uno. That shyt was so slow and laggy I was actually insulted :picard:. I tried the same thing with my PS4 Pro and it was worse:picard:. Compare that to the snappiness of the XSX and PS5 and I’ll never doubt the SSDs capability again
HDDs can go to hell. NVME Gang over everythang:wow:

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
We saw what Insomniac was able to achieve in Year 1
What you think year 7 gon be like? :russell:
Let's talk about all them tflops and still being outperformed :umad:
We need a full Xmen game from Insomniac.

Trying to see Storm, Psylocke, and Mystique in native 4K with full raytracing:whew: