1 year in, what happened to the PS5 SSD hype?????

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So did Guerilla Games lie and say flying was impossible due to the PS4's tech/lack of SSD years ago. What happened? I thought this was only possible on PS5? :mjlol:

I keep seeing people saying GG said that.

@MeachTheMonster
@Kamikaze Revy
I saw this on Reddit too. Problem is Guerilla never said it and nobody can find a link or evidence they did

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So did Guerilla Games lie and say flying was impossible due to the PS4's tech/lack of SSD years ago. What happened? I thought this was only possible on PS5? :mjlol:

I keep seeing people saying GG said that.

@MeachTheMonster
@Kamikaze Revy
That looks freakin amazing.
I just put in my order for the edition that comes with the statue of alloy fighting the mammoth

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw this on Reddit too. Problem is Guerilla never said it and nobody can find a link or evidence they did
Yeah I always see this being said but I can't find evidence of it. It seemed fishy because obviously there's tons of other games with flying on PS4 and it wouldn't make sense to say it wasn't possible. Either way I'm trying to start something :wow:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Perhaps, but I believe this was touted as another one of those “we believe in exclusives” titles. I’m not tripping since the more who get to play the better but still. In any event flying across an open world was even achievable on hardware like the Wii U (Xenoblade Chronicles X).

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Perhaps, but I believe this was touted as another one of those “we believe in exclusives” titles. I’m not tripping since the more who get to play the better but still. In any event flying across an open world was even achievable on hardware like the Wii U (Xenoblade Chronicles X).

:mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don’t doubt they bullshytted. That’s PR. It even sounded real enough for me to look it up. Like these fools did it again. But that’s the first thing that popped up. The Reddit bout them never saying it

I do wonder about that tech video with the guy going through the cave then flying over the city. Where the fukk is that type of shyt at?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t doubt they bullshytted. That’s PR. It even sounded real enough for me to look it up. Like these fools did it again. But that’s the first thing that popped up. The Reddit bout them never saying it

I do wonder about that tech video with the guy going through the cave then flying over the city. Where the fukk is that type of shyt at?

It’s like asking where shyt like The Last of Us 2 and God of War was in 2014

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:mjpls:

giphy.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Im gonna be honest, i dont see a difference in loading times between my pc, xbox, or ps5. They are all zippy and instantaneous
It wasn’t even about load times.

Sony and their stans claimed the PS5 SSD would allow them to do things no other platform could do. Not even PC was supposed to be able to match the graphics/performance that PS5 was able to put out.

We see how that turned out :mjlol: