1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Fwiw I don't think the IRS is gonna crucify u if u pay taxes but miss a few transactions

They're more about catching those who don't pay at all

Thinking u can store it overseas not realizing as long as u an American citizen u pay taxes :ufdup:

Y'all act like they're doing something wrong :heh:

Not like they're saying give them all the money but like any other income you have to pay taxes. Why are some of u acting like crypto is being unfairly targeted? :dwillhuh:

Crypto is turning nikkas red breh. A whole thread of potential Clarence Thomas's.:mjlol:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Fwiw I don't think the IRS is gonna crucify u if u pay taxes but miss a few transactions

They're more about catching those who don't pay at all

Thinking u can store it overseas not realizing as long as u an American citizen u pay taxes :ufdup:

Y'all act like they're doing something wrong :heh:

Not like they're saying give them all the money but like any other income you have to pay taxes. Why are some of u acting like crypto is being unfairly targeted? :dwillhuh:

if you they put cryptos on "high audit" which we don't know yet, then you will have to show all your transactions - the amount of work for people who are moving coins back across exchanges could mount up

and crypto is being unfairly targeted in the new tax laws. It's one thing to keep it in the market move it around and then when you convert to fiat getting taxed. It's another to get taxed on every buy/sell per crypto. kinda ridiculous

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
doesn't that still constitute a taxable event? Since they see the transaction as transfer of property. I dunno just theoretical right now. IRS won't be able to track all the crap down , but i'm giving them something and if you used any U.S. funding source (including Genesis ) they will probably have a record of the initial funding.

who knows how far they will take this tho.
This is why I have an accountant.

Well, they already have mine.

But how did you accomplish this?
Peer to peer transaction... no need for big exchanges.

Crypto is turning nikkas red breh. A whole thread of potential Clarence Thomas's.:mjlol:
I don't mind paying taxes. I don't have kids but my friends do and our schools could use the money.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
could someone explain this while thing with the fork? I see that Hush is currently at $11 with a cir. supply of 2.2 mil. It seems like a good buy but i dont want to buy something I know nothing about.
If i end up buying it should it be kept on cryptopia for the fork or should i store my coins in wallet?

research them both mang...that's all i can tell you. I will try to get both tbh, just think Hush has a higher potential since it has run up as much as ZCL but also has higher risk. Read that ZCL used the guy(s) from Hush to help the project out and do some of the code...and Hush is touting themselves as a bit superior tech wise. ZCL has better marketing and as @Malta said first movers advantage. There's alot of other things in play...ZCL definitely has more eyes on it

the way they slid in the change to the tax code makes me think they will start goign after people and coinbase was already subpoenaed for their records. Play it how you want....I've heard of people being audited for their investments and if you don't have your shyt in order it gets ugly and expensive. Not playing scare tactics , it's a topic for discussion at a later date .

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone please, is COSS a reputable exchange? I was gonna bite and use etherdelta but why not save my self the aggravation

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Anyone please, is COSS a reputable exchange? I was gonna bite and use etherdelta but why not save my self the aggravation
I would leave it alone for now. The UI looks nice but the code is terrible. They want to be one of the top exchanges but still have a ways to go. The price has taken a nosedive since yesterday when they updated and the experience was worse than before

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would leave it alone for now. The UI looks nice but the code is terrible. They want to be one of the top exchanges but still have a ways to go. The price has taken a nosedive since yesterday when they updated and the experience was worse than before

damn, just made an account to and the first thing i thought was man, the UI sure is nice. Last thing I want is my shyt stuck in limbo with robin williams

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
im not talking about posters on here, but its starting to get a little old and tiring seeing 'experts' shill random bullshyt coins all over the place talking about the research they did (great devs, awesome roadmap, amazing whitepaper, newly hired devs from paypal, partnerships in the works, same old shyt...). this is all over twitter, youtube, reddit. people who got lucky in a crap-shoot bullmarket back in Q4 2017 are now having their word being taken as gospel and people are blindly throwing money behind it. once tax season touches down it'll be even worse. there will be money to be made for sure, but people need to stop acting like theres a tried and true science behind this; most of this shyt is unprecedented and frankly there are not THAT many things out there in the world that would be made better with smart contracts and a dedicated digital currency :francis:

the amount of manipulation out there is staggering and can only ultimately lead to regulation or more laws IMO. i dont see how it cant. all it takes to manipulate one of these low market cap coins is a couple hundred grand of BTC or Ether and a small group of dedicated people. the best are these big discord groups dedicated to pumping...that almost work like a ponzi scam. 100/1 odds that you'd see a huge uptick in buy activity on the target coin less than an hour before the administrators of the group announce the "pump of the day." by the time they announce it and the regular joe lambo starts buying it up, they have the sell orders in - and still convince the group to "hold through, buy more on the dip!" while they're offloading everything and tanking it. if you can get lucky and get the timing down, good for you...

with that said I think there is so much 'whale money' tied up in TRX that its bound to pump again. it has to. its gonna be crazy when it happens because most tron bag holders are dying to get out. look at the order books :russ:

i fell victim to trying to ride waves and got caught holding bags of ENJ, FUN and a bunch of other worthless garbage that wont be around in a year. never again

even trying to longterm hold things you believe in is tough because a lot of the good ideas have rivals/competition. could something like XRP and REQ co-exist? what about WaltonChain and VeChain? or BTC Private and Monero? to the layman these things arent that different, and at the end of the day the layman matters most

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
im not talking about posters on here, but its starting to get a little old and tiring seeing 'experts' shill random bullshyt coins all over the place talking about the research they did (great devs, awesome roadmap, amazing whitepaper, newly hired devs from paypal, partnerships in the works, same old shyt...). this is all over twitter, youtube, reddit. people who got lucky in a crap-shoot bullmarket back in Q4 2017 are now having their word being taken as gospel and people are blindly throwing money behind it. once tax season touches down it'll be even worse. there will be money to be made for sure, but people need to stop acting like theres a tried and true science behind this; most of this shyt is unprecedented and frankly there are not THAT many things out there in the world that would be made better with smart contracts and a dedicated digital currency :francis:

the amount of manipulation out there is staggering and can only ultimately lead to regulation or more laws IMO. i dont see how it cant. all it takes to manipulate one of these low market cap coins is a couple hundred grand of BTC or Ether and a small group of dedicated people. the best are these big discord groups dedicated to pumping...that almost work like a ponzi scam. 100/1 odds that you'd see a huge uptick in buy activity on the target coin less than an hour before the administrators of the group announce the "pump of the day." by the time they announce it and the regular joe lambo starts buying it up, they have the sell orders in - and still convince the group to "hold through, buy more on the dip!" while they're offloading everything and tanking it. if you can get lucky and get the timing down, good for you...

with that said I think there is so much 'whale money' tied up in TRX that its bound to pump again. it has to. its gonna be crazy when it happens because most tron bag holders are dying to get out. look at the order books :russ:

i fell victim to trying to ride waves and got caught holding bags of ENJ, FUN and a bunch of other worthless garbage that wont be around in a year. never again

even trying to longterm hold things you believe in is tough because a lot of the good ideas have rivals/competition. could something like XRP and REQ co-exist? what about WaltonChain and VeChain? or BTC Private and Monero? to the layman these things arent that different, and at the end of the day the layman matters most
The best post in this entire thread

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew

HELL NO FOR NOW!!

I lost big money last weekend cuz my withdraw was frozen from friday to monday.

UI is nice but the actual guts are toxic right now.

On an ironic note however, Coss coins have been a rock in my portfolio even now, and have gained exponentially until yesterday.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I also noticed hitbtc disabled me from exchanging half my litecoin to bitcoin :francis: everything is off that exchange so I'm good

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
HELL NO FOR NOW!!

I lost big money last weekend cuz my withdraw was frozen from friday to monday.

UI is nice but the actual guts are toxic right now.

On an ironic note however, Coss coins have been a rock in my portfolio even now, and have gained exponentially until yesterday.
I do think they'll eventually get things working right and then more volume. Their coin should be able to hit $20 at that point like KCS and BNB did