1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Aight fukk it....I still somewhat believe in Bounty. Just makes me mad when I see coins I scoped out a month ago up 3x because I chose to invest in another. Hive still got a low enough market cap so I'mma holla at them on Friday. @Malta told a nikka to invest too :martin:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I have an accountant.

I also don't give these sites my info and for sure not a picture holding my ID :sas1:

yeah the accountant will take care of all this

but IRS already has everyones public wallet addresses connected to coinbase, so they definitely have a basis of how much you move in and out of their. So they can easily fine you for the full amount of transferred USD to BTC , so basically 30% of your principal if they wanted to. Now I think there's been some mistaken comments about the inital purchase being taxed (buying BTC for example).

For my records, I am tracking the dates I've deposited FIAT and then every single transaction I've made (etherdelta will be the toughest). And pay what I "need" to to keep the IRS off my back.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I don't want to convert it to cash since I'm trying to avoid reporting it on my taxes. That's also the reason to hold it for at least a year, for the long term capital gains tax stuff (just in case I do report it).

I hope you guys are keeping track of all your transactions. This is supposed to be taxed... escpeailly if you convert your crypto back cash.

remember the laws change any currency to currency exchange is taxed. If you make a 1 million off crypto, you might as well put yourself in the high -risk audit category lol.

you're not gonna inest 10,000 and get back a 1m and not show all the underlying transactions (although for all intent purposes if you pay taxes on the 990k profit, doube IRS will troube you).

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
just hit cryptopia , moved over some LTC, bought Hush and now setting up my wallet.

charting ZCL in the meantime - I see there's no commitment yet that Cryptopia will support the fork.

• Dap
Reactions: GSR

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just hit cryptopia , moved over some LTC, bought Hush and now setting up my wallet.

charting ZCL in the meantime - I see there's no commitment yet that Cryptopia will support the fork.

could someone explain this while thing with the fork? I see that Hush is currently at $11 with a cir. supply of 2.2 mil. It seems like a good buy but i dont want to buy something I know nothing about.
If i end up buying it should it be kept on cryptopia for the fork or should i store my coins in wallet?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Thank you :salute:

I been begging for an answer the last few pages

Do u see it going past a stack? I seen some say 1500-4000 prefork

And did u see anything about BTCH (Bitcoin Hush)? Apparently u get 1 BTCH for each HUSH coin u have and it's happening on the 16th. Hush currently $12 or so on cryptopia. People saying if u missed out on ZCL early u can get this one

I don't know to be honest, I think it could go past $1000 but it will need to hit a $3 billion market cap to get there which isn't out of the question but could be difficult with these sell walls.

Nah, I didn't get a chance to read up on it, I've seen it mentioned but Bitcoin Private has the better name of the two, and will most likely have first mover advantage if it comes out first. That name is just cold "Bitcoin PRIVATE".

I can't figure out to buy on cryptopia after trying briefly this AM. I get to the order section, but the fact that it has you specify both the amount of bitcoin you want to sell and the price you want to pay for ZCL has me nervous. shyt seems prone to error unless I'm missing something - doesn't seem to be a clear "buy at market" option.

To pay market/last price click on your BTC total itself, then click on "total" after and it autofills in for you.

What do u have to do if you have zclassic? Hold it in wallet when fork happens? Any idea when this will happen ?

They're going to release a wallet for it soon and are in talks to get exchanges to honor the fork.

Aight fukk it....I still somewhat believe in Bounty. Just makes me mad when I see coins I scoped out a month ago up 3x because I chose to invest in another. Hive still got a low enough market cap so I'mma holla at them on Friday. @Malta told a nikka to invest too :martin:

I sold HVN at .28, didn't have enough to be honest, I'm going to move into XMY next most likely.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah the accountant will take care of all this

but IRS already has everyones public wallet addresses connected to coinbase, so they definitely have a basis of how much you move in and out of their. So they can easily fine you for the full amount of transferred USD to BTC , so basically 30% of your principal if they wanted to. Now I think there's been some mistaken comments about the inital purchase being taxed (buying BTC for example).

For my records, I am tracking the dates I've deposited FIAT and then every single transaction I've made (etherdelta will be the toughest). And pay what I "need" to to keep the IRS off my back.
I don't use Coinbase, smarten up NaS :sas2:

I didn't spend any profits so technically the money was used to purchase a digital good.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
the whales buying up tron at a massive discount...some of these order amounts are insane. trying to decide if i wanna spend 3-5k on it while it's at 8 cents

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
could someone explain this while thing with the fork? I see that Hush is currently at $11 with a cir. supply of 2.2 mil. It seems like a good buy but i dont want to buy something I know nothing about.
If i end up buying it should it be kept on cryptopia for the fork or should i store my coins in wallet?

everything i've read (I've spent like the last 4 hours researching).

1) HUSH is doing a fork similar to what ZCL and is coming out with Bit Coin Hush vs ZCL Bit Coin Private - both attempting to do the same thing of fast transactions and private transactions.

2) If you end up buying, you will need to store it on their wallet My Hush Wallet (always check the links) and they will airdrop the new coin to you. That's what I've read and researched, so take that with as much grain of salt as you will.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I don't use Coinbase, smarten up NaS :sas2:

I didn't spend any profits so technically the money was used to purchase a digital good.

doesn't that still constitute a taxable event? Since they see the transaction as transfer of property. I dunno just theoretical right now. IRS won't be able to track all the crap down , but i'm giving them something and if you used any U.S. funding source (including Genesis ) they will probably have a record of the initial funding.

who knows how far they will take this tho.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Fwiw I don't think the IRS is gonna crucify u if u pay taxes but miss a few transactions

They're more about catching those who don't pay at all

Thinking u can store it overseas not realizing as long as u an American citizen u pay taxes :ufdup:

Y'all act like they're doing something wrong :heh:

Not like they're saying give them all the money but like any other income you have to pay taxes. Why are some of u acting like crypto is being unfairly targeted? :dwillhuh:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

so setup the wallet , transferred a few over , everything worked.

went to try some more and now it says "maintenance" - investigating deposit/withdraw delays. SMH