1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
case in point BCD was up 700% yesterday, if you were to HODL you would have wiped out most of those gains.

Smart investors take some off...you hear stories about HODL and getting big gains but i bet you there's more stories of people holding too long and losing out

FSP

Banned
Daps
That's what I'm saying. A lot of people taking this holding shyt too far. I know some of the millionaires became rich by holding, but I'm pretty sure some of them were holding by mistake and just forgot lol. Bitcoin been around since what, 2008 or 2009? No one could've predicted it would boom like it did in December. This shyt is unpredictable . We hear about the people that got rich, but best believe there's plenty that went broke investing in coins. fukking MaidSafeCoin been on the market since 2014 and is only at 96 cents today and steadily falling from the top 100 market cap. shyt is unpredictable. All the elitists who been up on crypto for years can act like they're top dog around here and so intelligible. But when the market is down like it is today, we all know they losing money too. All I'm saying is, make your money while you can brehs. This shyt is unregulated. Better to have a couple grand then to be left with nothing.
I feel like it's a little deeper than just the coins when people talk about HODL in that way

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
So whats the final count for your Ven hoard breh?
I got a paltry 45 but these past weeks, I've been packing down on lighter coins with bright looking futures.

I made it to the station late n missed the Ven load up. Been following the tracks ever since, picking up the salvage that fell off as it went.

I have a good amount, but I need more :demonic:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Whales suppressing the fukk out of VEN and killed momentum from the announcement made today. I hate these fukking b*stards. Any other coin would have gone parabolic but VEN is highly manipulated. Considering pulling out for this coin.

Not just Ven because....
So much manipulation going on.

Yea this. If you watch the order book on a few coins it's obvious as shyt. The manipulation more than anything is what's holding a lot of these coins back. shyt is depressing but we just have to endure brehs.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
How the hell did Zclassic(ZCL) go from $1.83 the beginning of December to a high of $235 a month later?!?! :damn:
It's sitting at $203 now but i guess my question is seriously how do coins just take off like that? shyt is :mindblown:

Also someone help me understand something...if i buy an altcoin with BTC i'll get x amount of said altcoin. If i buy that same coin with ETH i'll get a different x amount of that coin? So that the value in USD is still the same with both but if the amounts of the coins i get are different i should be buying with what gives me the most of that altcoin?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
How the hell did Zclassic(ZCL) go from $1.83 the beginning of December to a high of $235 a month later?!?! :damn:
It's sitting at $203 now but i guess my question is seriously how do coins just take off like that? shyt is :mindblown:

Also someone help me understand something...if i buy an altcoin with BTC i'll get x amount of said altcoin. If i buy that same coin with ETH i'll get a different x amount of that coin? So that the value in USD is still the same with both but if the amounts of the coins i get are different i should be buying with what gives me the most of that altcoin?

There's a fork coming up, if you own one Bitcoin you get one Bitcoin Private, if you own one Zclassic you also get one Bitcoin Private. The most cost effective way to get Bitcoin Private is to own Zclassic which is a fraction of the cost of Bitcoin.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Nah, they just want you to hold to keep the value of the coin up so they can sell when the time is right for them.
Some of y'all are confusing the philosophy of HODL and applying it to everything. You want to HODL on 'safe coins' that you feel very confident about having an actual use case and sticking around in the future like BTC, ETH, NEO, ENG, OMG, etc.

All the rest are highly volatile shyt coins that you should flip after you hit a certain profit level whether that be x3 or 4x, etc.

Coins like PACcoin, Vice, XVG, etc are never gonna be stable and may not even have a future. These are extremely volatile shyt coins.

Take majority of profits from these types of coins and put back into your safe HODLs then rinse, wash, repeat.

If 60-70% of your portfolio is made up of mid-safe to safe coins then these wild swings in the market will never hit you that bad

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
There's a fork coming up, if you own one Bitcoin you get one Bitcoin Private, if you own one Zclassic you also get one Bitcoin Private. The most cost effective way to get Bitcoin Private is to own Zclassic which is a fraction of the cost of Bitcoin.

Thanks for the info. I just read up on it, and i see the only way to get ZCL is thru Bittrex who's registration mysteriously hasn't been open in weeks. :beli:

These muthfawkas know what they doing freezing ppl out of the ZCL. Gotta keep my eyes and ears open for these forks in the future.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some of y'all are confusing the philosophy of HODL and applying it to everything. You want to HODL on 'safe coins' that you feel very confident about having an actual use case and sticking around in the future like BTC, ETH, NEO, ENG, OMG, etc.

All the rest are highly volatile shyt coins that you should flip after you hit a certain profit level whether that be x3 or 4x, etc.

Coins like PACcoin, Vice, XVG, etc are never gonna be stable and may not even have a future. These are extremely volatile shyt coins.

Take majority of profits from these types of coins and put back into your safe HODLs then rinse, wash, repeat.

If 60-70% of your portfolio is made up of mid-safe to safe coins then these wild swings in the market will never hit you that bad
you don't think Litecoin is a safe coin?

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

Lol, this is the double value of currency people don't understand.

It doesn't matter what you purchase with, except when you look at your returns. What was the opportunity cost of buying with ETH Vs btc

If altcoin goes up 75%
Btc goes up 23%
Eth goes up 90%

And you invest using ETH did you make make money or lose money?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the info. I just read up on it, and i see the only way to get ZCL is thru Bittrex who's registration mysteriously hasn't been open in weeks. :beli:

These muthfawkas know what they doing freezing ppl out of the ZCL. Gotta keep my eyes and ears open for these forks in the future.

I got ZCL on cryotopia yesterday. Just make sure you deposit BTC not LTC.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps

Agreed. The cheap coins with the billion circulating supply are the ones you play around with and move your profits from those into your main coins.