1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
i did, no 1099 because i didnt sell at all, do u report your ledger wallet?

i spent the last couple of days learning about coin ledger and what its going to take to report my taxes when i finally sell, its really intimidating

I dont report the wallet...:dahell: only the gains.

Ɀoᥱɣ

All Star
Daps
People who cashed out a major amount such as $50k or more at a time, would my bank flag/freeze my account if I transfer it from say Crypto.com app???

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
how have ya'll been filing your taxes on crypto?
I posted some tax information a few weeks ago in this thread. A lot still up in the air but stricter laws are coming. Some ppl are taking advantage of the nascent tax space while others are not making too many moves yet. Everyone should be cognizant of taxes in crypto bc it’s transparent as fuk and the irs hired in droves last couple years. Some are even saying a one tax code world wide is on the horizon. There’s lots of info out there to match your portfolio just don’t ignore it. Taxes are guaranteed. Capital gains are a thing.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I posted some tax information a few weeks ago in this thread. A lot still up in the air but stricter laws are coming. Some ppl are taking advantage of the nascent tax space while others are not making too many moves yet. Everyone should be cognizant of taxes in crypto bc it’s transparent as fuk and the irs hired in droves last couple years. Some are even saying a one tax code world wide is on the horizon. There’s lots of info out there to match your portfolio just don’t ignore it. Taxes are guaranteed. Capital gains are a thing.
honestly the easiest way to file taxes for crypto was with robinhood for me, i dont understand why everybody else cant be as easy? makes me hope rh adds more crypto, every other brokerage is a fuking headache

i bet they make it as difficult and stressful as possible to punish crypto buyers. i plan on being a seller this year but maan im already regretting whats coming my way, i gotta limit my use of different brokerages and limit it to like 2.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People who cashed out a major amount such as $50k or more at a time, would my bank flag/freeze my account if I transfer it from say Crypto.com app???
thats when you gotta do it with a bank you can walk into and not a online bank. if your account gets frozen your're fuked with a online bank.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
honestly the easiest way to file taxes for crypto was with robinhood for me, i dont understand why everybody else cant be as easy? makes me hope rh adds more crypto, every other brokerage is a fuking headache

i bet they make it as difficult and stressful as possible to punish crypto buyers. i plan on being a seller this year but maan im already regretting whats coming my way, i gotta limit my use of different brokerages and limit it to like 2.
Have u considered an llc or trust

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you’re using Base (and if you aren’t bridge some ETh there) cop Warpie

Was gonna post a couple days ago when I entered but wanted to make sure I had solid info. Created by greyseymour (Grey G. Seymour).

Got the blessing from the Warpcast team for it to be the official mascot.

Gonna be holding this one until alt season really hits. Whether that’s a few months from now or 6+. Has 500m+ mcap potential imo.
Are you on any Discords, Telegram channels or follow any Twitter channels that give intel on legit, new project launches?
I try and follow folks or look at "new pairs" on dexscreener to find new stuff but most finds are after they hit millions in their MKT cap.
Sorry, if I've asked before.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
You should at least go and have an actual conversation with one of the managers explaining that you're cashing out crypto.

Give them a ballpark so it's not a surprise, as if you surprise them expect to have your accounts frozen

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Are you on any Discords, Telegram channels or follow any Twitter channels that give intel on legit, new project launches?
I try and follow folks or look at "new pairs" on dexscreener to find new stuff but most finds are after they hit millions in their MKT cap.

I’m in one private TG channel that drops decent info but I got in there by networking with people that were in channels dedicated to specific tokens. Seems like there’s very few public TG groups this cycle (as of now since it’s still really early).

To find new projects I use warpcaster and read a ton of blogs from different chains and use a new pairs bot in Telegram.

Tbh, most of my best hits have been getting into coins that are already at 1m+ mcap, the sub 100k shytters are usually rugs.

I know we tried a coli TG and Discord a few times but they always die out.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m in one private TG channel that drops decent info but I got in there by networking with people that were in channels dedicated to specific tokens. Seems like there’s very few public TG groups this cycle (as of now since it’s still really early).

To find new projects I use warpcaster and read a ton of blogs from different chains and use a new pairs bot in Telegram.

Tbh, most of my best hits have been getting into coins that are already at 1m+ mcap, the sub 100k shytters are usually rugs.

Got it. I can't get warpcast on my phone.
Yea, for me it's Bonkbot, new pairs, Telegram, and Twitter and some drops from different groups from friends.

I heard about the Coli discord but the one I'm on doesn't have any activity.
The memecoin babble talks seem to be working here but died out.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
HK approves first bitcoin, ethereum spot ETFs

200w.gif

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps

Never had any problems with anything 150 and below. Never done more than 150 at a time though. You should be fine, but if you are paranoid just wire transfer the money to your brokerage account, and then from your brokerage to your bank. The banks don't typically flag you if your money is coming from Fidelity or a name they know; but some people say they do flag for large amounts over 500k when that shyt says Coinbase/Kraken/CDC :yeshrug:

how have ya'll been filing your taxes on crypto?

Straight forward the last two years. Im partial to Koinly and TurboTax.

But over those two bear market years I wasn't messing with Decentalized exchanges or anything weird. And I wasn't selling anything, just buying BTC pretty much 100%. Over the next two years my returns will probably have a lot of DEX and L2 transactions though, so Ill be manually keeping my spreadsheet of all of my trades outside of major exchanges so I can just plug them into whatever tax software Im using.

Its a pain in the ass, but I am not fukking with the IRS. I pay my capital gains tax man. shyt aint a joke.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There are a few crypto youtubers that have patreon's you can subscribe to that give access to their private discord servers can be very hit and miss but some have good communities with very knowledgeable people so the monthly fee is worth it. One guy i'm following uses nansen which tracks the wallets of big whales who are usually very early to moonshots all you really need to do is look at the wallets with good track records, the whales tend to follow eachother and you just have to ride the wave.