1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty interesting storyline I've encountered since getting back into defi the past few weeks:

So the guy in this article owns this wallet: jaredfromsubway.eth | Address 0xae2fc483527b8ef99eb5d9b44875f005ba1fae13 | Etherscan

He's been hitting the Whole Eth Network with MEV attacks ( Maximal Extractable Value attacks) which basically means he built a bot that front runs transactions anywhere on the network, then sells immediately after someone makes that transaction, and essentially drains their ETH by doing so. I think it only affects people who use exchanges like uniswap, since you can up your slippage there (basically how much price action do you want to tolerate before your transaction goes through, i.e. if you set a slippage of 3%, if the price of the token you're buying changes by more than 3% then it won't go through. A fail safe of sorts). Upping the slippage give the MEV bot room to front run transactions I guess.

I'm mentioning it here because I think it's fascinating what kind of new financial crime has opened up with crypto. I've heard in a few telegrams today this guy has made over 10 mil in the last week. Now devs are trying to build code to stop this guy when deploying new tokens.... well the ones who aren't scammers are trying at least.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Pretty interesting storyline I've encountered since getting back into defi the past few weeks:

So the guy in this article owns this wallet: jaredfromsubway.eth | Address 0xae2fc483527b8ef99eb5d9b44875f005ba1fae13 | Etherscan

He's been hitting the Whole Eth Network with MEV attacks ( Maximal Extractable Value attacks) which basically means he built a bot that front runs transactions anywhere on the network, then sells immediately after someone makes that transaction, and essentially drains their ETH by doing so. I think it only affects people who use exchanges like uniswap, since you can up your slippage there (basically how much price action do you want to tolerate before your transaction goes through, i.e. if you set a slippage of 3%, if the price of the token you're buying changes by more than 3% then it won't go through. A fail safe of sorts). Upping the slippage give the MEV bot room to front run transactions I guess.

I'm mentioning it here because I think it's fascinating what kind of new financial crime has opened up with crypto. I've heard in a few telegrams today this guy has made over 10 mil in the last week. Now devs are trying to build code to stop this guy when deploying new tokens.... well the ones who aren't scammers are trying at least.

everyone messing with these memecoins knowns about jared and his antics. he done raped quite a few people from what i seen. he in nearly every coin that avoiding him is impossible. just gotta set lo slippage and hope he don't get you. big price swings when he comes around.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
WATCH ya WALLET NEWS!!!:damn:

I woke up to shocking news!

TLDR The ledger device actually can expose your seed phrase to the internet.

Initially it was a speculation and people were expecting updates. Eventually, we got them:

So yes, it's a service your can opt for for "recovery services", but the bottom line is that it can expose the seed phrase.

Ultimately, it's a matter of the French government knocking on their doors and asking for it.

This actually makes your funds at Ledger less safe than on MetaMask. At least we don't have a confirmation that other hot wallets can access or keep copies of the seed phrases.

Leger, it was nice while it lasted...

But it's game over.

:sadcam: be safe out there!!!

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps

Initially it was a speculation and people were expecting updates. Eventually, we got them:

So yes, it's a service your can opt for for "recovery services", but the bottom line is that it can expose the seed phrase.

Ultimately, it's a matter of the French government knocking on their doors and asking for it.

This actually makes your funds at Ledger less safe than on MetaMask. At least we don't have a confirmation that other hot wallets can access or keep copies of the seed phrases.

But it's game over.

Good looking out! Never liked/used Ledger hardware wallets anyway. :camby:

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.

But it's game over.

Dap plus Rep this is huge smh.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good looking out! Never liked/used Ledger hardware wallets anyway. :camby:

I used to fukk with them but eventually felt like it was overkill especially once wallet apps became safer/more capable…made sure I had nothing in the wallets associated with them, broke them to pieces (unnecessary but hey), then threw them out…this is like the 2nd time ledger has been compromised smh

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got this email from Trezor :mjlol:

Know someone switching to Trezor? Save 15% until Sunday May 21

It's hard to know who to trust in bitcoin. That's why we don't ask you to trust us, we build our hardware and software in the open where it is verified by unbiased professionals. It's the only way to be sure there's no backdoors or vulnerabilities in your device and that's why we stand by open source even where others may take shortcuts.

I don't know why people still use Ledgers. I got a Trezor in 2019 and they've been solid while Ledger has a massive security issue every year.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
what coins are we looking at nowadays (besides BTC, ETH)

trying to get back in the swing of things...we ditched alt coins like CRO, RSR, FTM or is this just a down period?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
what coins are we looking at nowadays (besides BTC, ETH)

trying to get back in the swing of things...we ditched alt coins like CRO, RSR, FTM or is this just a down period?

It's sideways for the majors... bullrun coming tho... altcoin season been on fire so people did make money here and there...:ld:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Just got this email from Trezor :mjlol:

I don't know why people still use Ledgers. I got a Trezor in 2019 and they've been solid while Ledger has a massive security issue every year.
I own a Trezor and have for a while now but I use my Ledger mainly.

That mf getting BUSHED today. Aint no way :dead:

Just the fact that its POSSIBLE for the device to send key shards is enough for me to know better. I paid for a cold wallet, not a hot wallet with extra steps. The fukk kinda shyt is that :pacspit: