1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
have a feeling it's gonna be a good evening and we'll have a slight bounceback. maybe nothing too crazy but see 23k being passed and hopefully held. then tomorrow if interest rate decision is bad, worse that can happen is it hits a penny, but even my broke ass will try to throw some money in, even a hundred bucks at that price. :russ: cuz it'll go back up. So I think lot of people will be looking to buy the lows on there. I'm tempted to sell my few hundred on coinbase and getting back in for cheaper for more if possible.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with that...he also bought $1 billion of stock in a digital bank that focuses on crypto....Nubank
he did that quietly....

he about his money and if something will be big in a few years....he will invest in that....

point I was making is that if his team of SUPER analysts told him something....they probably right
and if he comes out speaking in the way he did....he either saw the crash coming or really believes its shyt.....

knowing him though....he or his friends bought a lotta bitcoin last night on some sneaky shyt

So let me get this straight...

He had people on the inside telling him about the crash so if they knew all that why was Warren Buffett not buying BTC early and selling before the crash?

The truth is he's old and all this crypto stuff is beyond his comprehension so he doesn't bother with it. He's viewed as an expert so when he's on TV and gets asked about crypto it's easier to says it's trash than to say no comment.

He's been saying it's no good for years. In 2020 when it crashed was he right? Don't give him credit when it's down but don't mention his name when it's up.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
So let me get this straight...

He had people on the inside telling him about the crash so if they knew all that why was Warren Buffett not buying BTC early and selling before the crash?

The truth is he's old and all this crypto stuff is beyond his comprehension so he doesn't bother with it. He's viewed as an expert so when he's on TV and gets asked about crypto it's easier to says it's trash than to say no comment.

He's been saying it's no good for years. In 2020 when it crashed was he right? Don't give him credit when it's down but don't mention his name when it's up.

if we can agree he knows all the market movers.....
has an army of million dollar analysts....
has an army of trading bots....
the slightest change in the market could have him lose billions....

I am very sure crypto is not beyond his comprehension....
him and his pal Charley were talking about bitcoin like it was clown shyt....
how even if it went down to $2 or something like that, they would not buy it....
most forceful they have ever been....

then luna crashes and things go haywire a very short time later....

what I am saying and being slightly conspiratorial is when someone like that say's something like that....
they sending a message....

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if we can agree he knows all the market movers.....
has an army of million dollar analysts....
has an army of trading bots....
the slightest change in the market could have him lose billions....

I am very sure crypto is not beyond his comprehension....
him and his pal Charley were talking about bitcoin like it was clown shyt....
how even if it went down to $2 or something like that, they would not buy it....
most forceful they have ever been....

then luna crashes and things go haywire a very short time later....

what I am saying and being slightly conspiratorial is when someone like that say's something like that....
they sending a message....

He been saying that so let me ask you again, where was he in 2017 and 2020 or any other bullish time in the market?

Why didn't he buy at 3k, ride it up to 60, and then sell the top?

If he knew about Luna in advance why didn't he short it?

He doesn't know shyt. You're making things up when the facts are right in front of you. All he ever says is he'd never buy it. It's a literal "dead clock is right twice a day" scenario.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
He been saying that so let me ask you again, where was he in 2017 and 2020 or any other bullish time in the market?

Why didn't he buy at 3k, ride it up to 60, and then sell the top?

If he knew about Luna in advance why didn't he short it?

He doesn't know shyt. You're making things up when the facts are right in front of you. All he ever says is he'd never buy it. It's a literal "dead clock is right twice a day" scenario.

as said, I was being a bit conspiratorial....
I seek patterns....reasons why and for....
as how before an earthquake the animals start acting weirdly....
the big money guys do the same....
the public/investors do the same...
example do the layoffs mean something or just normal layoffs at coinbase, binance etc...
are the billions being invested in blockchain proof that cryto is here to stay and big money is in the shadows...
etc etc etc etc etc

most hunches turn out to be nothing.....

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm hoping tomorrow and the rest of the week we see a clearer picture of the bottom, then maybe it starts to go sideways for awhile with little upticks. Lots of bad news lately, inflation numbers, crash, Celsius freezing stuff, rate hike tomorrow. Not aware of any other big announcements next few weeks.

I know next job numbers come out July 8.

People are already expecting the fed rate hike to be 75 points. If it was a 100, that would be a shock and do some things. So if tomorrow meets expectations, maybe won't be a big mover we'll see.

Looks like things have been slowing ticking down since noon. I want to see what it does around 9pm since the last 3 days the big dips of the day happened around that time.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
If I was to guess...
whoever controls the market....the ups and downs...
is a damn devil..
"oh I will add billions in today"
"oh I will crash everything today"

warren buffett KNEW the fukk something was up
he spoke negative about bitcoin too confidently

I know I will follow their elitist coded philosophies next time
"if the crackhead starts talking about bitcoin....then time to sell"
Buffet has always said he only invests in things he understands and disruptive technology is not one of them.

It is why he never invested in Google or Amazon early on.

And as rich as he is, he and Carl have very little incentive to even try to understand what bitcoin or crypto is. Not to mention just being so stuck in his ways being old af

All Star
Daps
Friendly reminder for the new bag holders... Bitcoin is volatile. Buy it with the intention to hold for 4 years, this is not something you trade or expect to always go up. It's down 70% from the ATH, which is not historically unheard of. The best strategy is to stick to a bi-weekly or monthly DCA purchase schedule and buy at any price.

Example, the Federal Reserve starts printing billions in 2020 and now inflation has been killing anybody sitting on cash or bonds for the past year.

If you started buying Bitcoin twice a month 2 years ago, you'd be up 224%
Monthly... 342%

Take it a step further, you JUST FOMO'd into the market a year ago. That means you were buying at 40k all the way up to 70k. And now it's in 2020 prices before you even got in at 21k. Damn... That's an L. :mjcry:

camron-nope.gif

Nah, you'd be up 17% with a monthly DCA and 8% on a bi-weekly schedule.

DCA and chill. Stay away from shytcoins in bear markets. Free game.

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Friendly reminder for the new bag holders... Bitcoin is volatile. Buy it with the intention to hold for 4 years, this is not something you trade or expect to always go up. It's down 70% from the ATH, which is not historically unheard of. The best strategy is to stick to a bi-weekly or monthly DCA purchase schedule and buy at any price.

Example, the Federal Reserve starts printing billions in 2020 and now inflation has been killing anybody sitting on cash or bonds for the past year.

If you started buying Bitcoin twice a month 2 years ago, you'd be up 224%
Monthly... 342%

Take it a step further, you JUST FOMO'd into the market a year ago. That means you were buying at 40k all the way up to 70k. And now it's in 2020 prices before you even got in at 21k. Damn... That's an L. :mjcry:

camron-nope.gif

Nah, you'd be up 17% with a monthly DCA and 8% on a bi-weekly schedule.

DCA and chill. Stay away from shytcoins in bear markets. Free game.
In your example tho, you just compared 2 years ago, to 1 year ago.

What would the numbers be if you DCA 1 year ago.

Think I'll take a combo approach, dip in every month, but when it's at 22k and below, load up.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Buffet has always said he only invests in things he understands and disruptive technology is not one of them.

It is why he never invested in Google or Amazon early on.

And as rich as he is, he and Carl have very little incentive to even try to understand what bitcoin or crypto is. Not to mention just being so stuck in his ways being old af

I find that difficult to believe....
for example the Celcius situation....
the hedgefunds were deeply involved...
they are the reason folks were able to get high interest rates....
maybe I am the last person to find out how deep hedgefunds are in crypto....
yet a lot of companies/people will say they against crypto...but invest in blockchain, banks, exchanges that are crypto related...

keep in mind that I am a novice with these things and throw a lot of shyt at the wall...

All Star
Daps
In your example tho, you just compared 2 years ago, to 1 year ago.

What would the numbers be if you DCA 1 year ago.

Think I'll take a combo approach, dip in every month, but when it's at 22k and below, load up.
It's in the post.

+17% monthly DCA.
+8% bi-weekly DCA.

I'm only using 1-2 years because it illustrates where we are in the cycle and I know there's new blood shook by the current price. 4 Year returns are what people should be targeting.

The Observer

All Star
Daps
If I was to guess...
whoever controls the market....the ups and downs...
is a damn devil..
"oh I will add billions in today"
"oh I will crash everything today"

warren buffett KNEW the fukk something was up
he spoke negative about bitcoin too confidently

I know I will follow their elitist coded philosophies next time
"if the crackhead starts talking about bitcoin....then time to sell"
If the coli starts telling you
I find that difficult to believe....
for example the Celcius situation....
the hedgefunds were deeply involved...
they are the reason folks were able to get high interest rates....
maybe I am the last person to find out how deep hedgefunds are in crypto....
yet a lot of companies/people will say they against crypto...but invest in blockchain, banks, exchanges that are crypto related...

keep in mind that I am a novice with these things and throw a lot of shyt at the wall...
they’re investing in the scam….. think of investors of online gambling companies.

Theres big money to be made exploiting others, they’re not actually putting money into crypto itself.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
If the coli starts telling you

they’re investing in the scam….. think of investors of online gambling companies.

Theres big money to be made exploiting others, they’re not actually putting money into crypto itself.

The SEC is investigating crypto exchanges over insider trading....
the guy from coinbase sold a lot of stocks...
do kwon the same before crash....

goes to what you saying about gambling companies....
imagine slot machines how old their technology is and they able to cheat folks...
imagine these super computers....

I will say it was the coli that got me into crypto investing....just as a lurker....
some are excellent people and others are just trying to troll....
I appreciate the discussions....

from nancy pelosi to vlad tenev to Nas....folks use inside info/tips

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Finally got my orbital apes nft's on evmos. Made my most rare one the avi. Got two other lesser rank ones. Hopefully the project is a success like bayc and the ecosystem in general. Need this to get me at least a million. :lawd:

Debating minting another but I've been compounding rewards so it'll take me a few days to accumulate the 60 coins and I'm focused on building up my stack. Gotta start saving some for future projects tho.