1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Recession talk everywhere, why everything is going down again

Might be the worst one of them all. Prolly much worse than the great depression. I'd be surprised if US still number one economy let alone still a country after this. Lot of companies might not survive this. People gonna spend less money on foolishness and more on necessities. Poor gonna be hit hard, middle class nearly as much, even the upper class gonna take a hit. It might get real ugly.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Avarice getting a lot of traction and hype behind it. Just passing this info along. It's high risk. Not Financial advice. Do Your Own Research. :hubie:
i been seeing a few of your videos on it and this has me intrigued. is it like drip where I can compound too? might throw half a bnb on there to mess with it but not really able to consistently throw money in, yet. so wondering what would be best strategy to grow a small amount. don't need big gains. just something to build myself up.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Might be the worst one of them all. Prolly much worse than the great depression. I'd be surprised if US still number one economy let alone still a country after this. Lot of companies might not survive this. People gonna spend less money on foolishness and more on necessities. Poor gonna be hit hard, middle class nearly as much, even the upper class gonna take a hit. It might get real ugly.

Thing is we have had multiple recessions/depressions since the great depression and the bounce back is much quicker now. The great depression took like 10 years for the US economy to recover.

As far as the US failing out of the number 1 economy I don't think so. This will be a global recession and every country will be hit. Remember in the 2008 recession China was offering to give the US money just so that we would continue to buy their shyt because when the US catches a cold China catches the flu.....cause who is going to buy all their trinkets if America stops buying their stuff. That is not even mentioning all the jobs American companies provide China and other countries due to having manufacturing facilities overseas en masse.

So this recession everyone will be hit globally. Its a double whammy. Covid shut down, then inflation, then raising of interest rates which causes a recession.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Thing is we have had multiple recessions/depressions since the great depression and the bounce back is much quicker now. The great depression took like 10 years for the US economy to recover.

As far as the US failing out of the number 1 economy I don't think so. This will be a global recession and every country will be hit. Remember in the 2008 recession China was offering to give the US money just so that we would continue to buy their shyt because when the US catches a cold China catches the flu.....cause who is going to buy all their trinkets if America stops buying their stuff. That is not even mentioning all the jobs American companies provide China and other countries due to having manufacturing facilities overseas en masse.

So this recession everyone will be hit globally. Its a double whammy. Covid shut down, then inflation, then raising of interest rates which causes a recession.

Damn I was over here thinking of what country wouldn't be hit so I could try to take my ass there. :mjcry:

Yeah hopefully it ends quick. Forget 10 years, we need that 10 day recession.

Agree about China. We do need to have either US or other countries step up some of their manufacturing so everything won't be so dependent on one.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm completely new to the investing world and admittedly don't know shyt about economics.

I'm just here bamboozled about how everything was a bed of roses a mere year ago with everything hitting highs and people getting rich off $shib and $safemoon and damn near overnight everything just shytting itself .. i never even knew how quick things can just shyt the bed it's been a steep learning curve for me:mjcry:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I'm completely new to the investing world and admittedly don't know shyt about economics.

I'm just here bamboozled about how everything was a bed of roses a mere year ago with everything hitting highs and people getting rich off $shib and $safemoon and damn near overnight everything just shytting itself .. i never even knew how quick things can just shyt the bed it's been a steep learning curve for me:mjcry:

read up about 2008 ... 2000 - 2002 or even 1920's :picard:

2008 was a case of

business week, the economist, newsweek, FT, WSJ saying that things were ok ... and then after they weren't changed their tune ...

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
read up about 2008 ... 2000 - 2002 or even 1920's :picard:

2008 was a case of

business week, the economist, newsweek, FT, WSJ saying that things were ok ... and then after they weren't changed their tune ...

If this "all good just a week ago" shyt is normal then i'm becomimg increasingly bearish on long term investing. fuk going from rags to riches back to rags :mjtf:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
For those who were around during the '08 Recession (I was in prison so it had no effect on me), would you recommend cashing out your 401k before the recession of next year hits hard? How will you know when is the right time to do so?

Asking as I've watched my 401k stagnate over the first half of this year, I should be way way up but the economy is shytting on it. And I'm really not trying to lose all my money...

Also would you withdraw all your cash from your bank accounts as well? I have two banks I hold cash in...

They are forecasting the recession for early '23, I just don't want to be one if these people who is unprepared for it. Any and all advice is appreciated!