1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
How much investment is needed to earn that amount daily and how long until you see returns?
Hard to say now cuz I been staking my atom since prolly late summer of 2020 and early last year they had a snapshot so when osmo got released I was able to get an airdrop of some coins. Can't remember how much I got exactly at the time. I know I threw some in liquidity pools and traded some for another coin in the ecosystem called ION that was running recently but has cooled off this week. Plus rewards being claimed and added to staking as well as cashed out recently. Right now I have like 5k coins and getting about 11 a day or so. Slightly under 12. I claimed some rewards on Sunday and I have prolly 46 or so now. It's 9.52 a coin currently so 11.5 give or take for rewards and times that is $109. Of course it goes up and down like army other coin so not a guarantee. Usually when atom is going up the whole ecosystem is going up.

Top Cosmos Ecosystem Coins by Market Capitalization - CoinGecko

There is I believe a 21 or 28 day lock on any staking tho. Which is a gift and a curse. You learn to hold longer and the price at times doesn't dip too much cuz of coins locked in staking. Of course anything can happen and people can sell reward tokens or ones they don't have staked.

Joe_tu-pac

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Top Cosmos Ecosystem Coins by Market Capitalization - CoinGecko

There is I believe a 21 or 28 day lock on any staking tho. Which is a gift and a curse. You learn to hold longer and the price at times doesn't dip too much cuz of coins locked in staking. Of course anything can happen and people can sell reward tokens or ones they don't have staked.

Thanks for the info I want to get into this staking but it looks complicated and unsure on which coins to use.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Thanks for the info I want to get into this staking but it looks complicated and unsure on which coins to use.
not every coin offers staking. atom and its ecosystem does cuz its built on proof of stake. but ones like bitcoin don't. eth has staking since its being converted to proof of stake but the coins are locked until eth 2.0 is released so thats a longer holding period. Staking is basically like getting an interest on your coins, but higher than what a traditional bank account gives you. just so happens that they have unbonding periods to release your coins from the validators. Coinbase has staking for cosmos at 5%, which isn't too bad, tho you can get better thru a wallet. but it doesn't make you eligible for air drops or to vote for any governance in the ecosystem, like new upgrades, how other coins would be used, changes to liquidity pools, and other stuff. you don't control your coins on a centralized exchange. of course the unbonding period is a big factor as well. I been in Atom since it was around like 4 or 5 bucks, wish i would've got in sooner, so its easier for me. but finding a cheaper coin is better for beginners starting out. they got a new one called chihuahua on osmosis swap that also has a high apr, like over 400%. its been dipping now with the rest of the market but was close to hitting a penny before that. Might be a good place to start and just throw some money in it and keep compounding rewards as you go along. other ones that offer staking are Juno but that ones like almost $20 and not sure about the others if they offer high apr. other ecosystems might have staking or high % liquidity pools like FTM but thats not on coinbase and harder to come by, tho they are on binance now. Staking helps cuz it gives you added tokens whether the market runs or dips. I liked Atom cuz of the whole connecting the blockchains thing they been working on thru out the time I first heard about them. But staking is good for any coin that has potential.

Here's a good article I just came across.

15 Best Staking Coins in 2022 - MoneyMint

Top 9 Staking Coins for 2021

Some I have heard of, others I haven't. I do have this video saved that I enjoy from a well known youtube crypto guy.

Talks a bit about staking and other options available.

This other video explains staking in more details and is a channel I recommend with lots of info on various crypto topics. Plus they make it easier with how their videos are setup in a white board setting.

Of course any crypto is volatile. One that is stable that I like is UST. Even tho stable coins do have their doubters and nothing is for certain with this government. But it does follow the US dollar pretty closely and I have some in Anchor Protocol which gives me over 19%. Not bad for a coin that follows USD and pays much higher than a traditional bank account. Maybe the APR gets lowered one day but I'm taking advantage for the time being. My goal is to just make enough off crypto staking and interest to get by without having to get a job again. Maybe even get some property to rent out and get more passive income. Whatever helps. Even just surviving with the bare minimum is good enough for me. The big mansions or penthouses, lambos, and all that may or may not come, but just knowing I have enough to survive each month without suffering is good enough for me.

Anchor

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
the fud is real right now , russia ban, nasdaq tanking , fed meetings , interest rate hikes what else am i missing :pachaha::sadcam:

China prolly got something brewing too. And I bet another country gonna announce some fukkery soon enough. Not to mention inflation and people barely having enough money to get by.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the fud is real right now , russia ban, nasdaq tanking , fed meetings , interest rate hikes what else am i missing :pachaha::sadcam:
You got it, might I add that a lot of "investors" are now looking at NFT's for their gambling fix, and market fatigue is kicking in; people got sold on bitcoin at 100k and are getting antsy, or are just straight up tired of holding. I gotta be real, I sold some bags off in Matic and Tezos a few months ago at their highs, and I was looking for a nice bottom to buy back in, but as more time passes the more I feel like things are gonna drop even lower. I kind of hedged my words a bit a few pages back when I said "thing will probably trade sideways for a bit" really I felt like this was coming, and it's probably gonna get worse, I just didn't want to fud because I feel like a dikk when I do. I feel like the market is gonna bleed for a while, and a lot of people are gonna be looking for exit liquidity on the way, so be wary of false bull flags. Also, people who are staking in networks with less liquidity may learn what "impermanent loss" means the hard way. Don't stake forever without taking some profits.

I could be wrong though, hopefully I am for everybody else's sake. I'm not an expert, I don't rely on TA, I just go with my gut, so who knows.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
@mannyrs13 what wallet are you using to connect to anchor? i'm staking GUSD on gemini and getting 8%, but i'd like to buy some UST and try anchor for that 19%. i'm trying to use my trust wallet and use wallet connect, but it's not connecting no matter how many times i scan the QR code on anchor's site.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
@mannyrs13 what wallet are you using to connect to anchor? i'm staking GUSD on gemini and getting 8%, but i'd like to buy some UST and try anchor for that 19%. i'm trying to use my trust wallet and use wallet connect, but it's not connecting no matter how many times i scan the QR code on anchor's site.

I think I got the terra wallet. What I have to end up doing since I did it just earlier with some saitama profit is have ust on eth then bridge it over to terra. Did you create a wallet on the site first? You need one that's not trust or mm.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
I think I got the terra wallet. What I have to end up doing since I did it just earlier with some saitama profit is have ust on eth then bridge it over to terra. Did you create a wallet on the site first? You need one that's not trust or mm.

didn't realize i couldn't use trust and would have to create a new wallet. preciate it.