1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You probably bought it directly with your bank account. There’s a hold period with your bank before you can use the coins.

When you buy with a card or Apple Pay you get access immediately
I gotta look into this, cause this is not the wave

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah if you wanna take advantage of the speed of the market and make a lot gains you gotta really venture out into the different crypto avenues. That being said a lot of Bros in this thread don't speak cautiously enough on most of the projects.

It's always. I invested in this! Made hella money, jump on it brehs! And then it's alot of :mjcry:causw everyone else came to late or :francis: cause shyt ain't moving

Man' dodged a bullet on snowbank! (Might come back to it later tho)
I agree that people do come in here and drop a name of a project and run. That's when it's on us to call them out and ask them about it and why its a good look.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I wish I bought Luna instead of ATOM. I don't want to make the same mistake I made with ATOM and purchase Luna at an ATH, so I'm gonna sit this out.:mjcry:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Where do y’all go to do your DD on crypto?
Depends on the project. Established ones aren't really needed to do much DD. But knowing what they do and how it's discussed on social media like twitter. For meme coins,

Check coingecko.com for price and contract address. See if the price is low enough to be worth getting a bunch of coins.
Check tokensniffer.com to see it's score.
Check etherscan or the corresponding blockchain to see total supply, how much the burn wallet is, and if any wallets are much higher than the burn ones.
Check the coins website for tokenomics like burn rate, reflections, what they working on, if developers are doxxed, and if it seems interesting.
See if they got any socials like twitter, reddit, discord and how active they or the community are.
Check dextools.com for the chart and see if there are any indicators looking to turn bullish or if it's early if there's some potential.
Determine if I'm willing to risk a few hundred and take a gamble.
Pray that it hits or just wait impatiently for the coin to do something before getting too impatient and moving it to something else.
Repeat cycle.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
I wish I bought Luna instead of ATOM. I don't want to make the same mistake I made with ATOM and purchase Luna at an ATH, so I'm gonna sit this out.:mjcry:

That's always the worst. You hold out to show you're experienced in the market then you see the coin push up to higher ATHs and even higher ATHs until you feel like it's too late or it forces you to buy in. After you buy in the price stays stagnant for what seems like years especially coins that are on Coinbase. That happened to me with Chainlink(I bought in at 15 dollars back in August of 2020.. it's December 2021 and the coin is at 25 dollars:francis:)

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I agree that people do come in here and drop a name of a project and run. That's when it's on us to call them out and ask them about it and why its a good look.

I think this is a big concern I see sometimes in here. Way too much of that in here and posters get so caught up in the wave they might end up buying at ATH, or worse yet get rug pulled. Way too many posts about that very thing. The other part of the equation is those people who do sound research (or claim to) never disclose all their methods. It’s the Wild West out here and I’m trying not see people get hurt.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think this is a big concern I see sometimes in here. Way too much of that in here and posters get so caught up in the wave they might end up buying at ATH, or worse yet get rug pulled. Way too many posts about that very thing. The other part of the equation is those people who do sound research (or claim to) never disclose all their methods. It’s the Wild West out here and I’m trying not see people get hurt.
When it was shytCOIN season earlier in the year that shyt was the worst.

But really, I've always asked questions when people drop names and challenge shyt. Or I'll go look up the ticker myself to see what the market cap and circulation currently is.

There's too many things going on to catch everything in this space, the best way to get up to speed imo is to identify an ecosystem or layer-1 and dig into it. Once you get an understanding on what a chain is for and what it's good at, you will have a better general understanding on how they all work.

This is like investing in the .com era when the web was just starting to come to form. Very fast paced, and a lot of things to sift through for sure