1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Can someone explain like I’m 5 decentralized exchange to me? I have an idea but need that final push. Do most blockchains have their own DEX?

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The problem with ADA is they took way to long with development. Now they finally have a Blockchain developed with smart contracts out and everything but it's too late.

We already got FTM , SOL, AVAX etc. On top of that the technology is not too great , definitely not great enough to warrant being a top 10 coin.

Imagine having a head start over all these other blockchains and still fumbling the bag with late delivery + subpar tech

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can someone explain like I’m 5 decentralized exchange to me? I have an idea but need that final push. Do most blockchains have their own DEX?
There are centralized exchanges (ie: Coinbase, Crypto.com, KuCoin, Binance etc) - CEXs

There are decentralized exchanges (ie: Uniswap, Pancakeswap, Spookyswap etc) - DEXs

DEXs are built on various blockchains, there are some on Ethereum, there are some on Binance Smart Chain, there are some on Solana etc, however every chain doesn't necessarily have it's own.

When you're using a DEX you connect your wallet to it directly and buy compatible coins/tokens from it. If there's a project that you want that's on Solana, you would go to a DEX on Solana that has it.

With CEXs you have to wait until they list/support a coin before you can get it. And you won't have the same opportunities with DeFi when you're holding assets on a CEX but that's a completely different conversation.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The problem with ADA is they took way to long with development. Now they finally have a Blockchain developed with smart contracts out and everything but it's too late.

We already got FTM , SOL, AVAX etc. On top of that the technology is not too great , definitely not great enough to warrant being a top 10 coin.

Imagine having a head start over all these other blockchains and still fumbling the bag with late delivery + subpar tech
Yea, I'm not in on ADA, I just feel like they have a lot of stans and they're already staking it heavy. The missing piece is the DeFi.

You're right tho, cause if the tech is trash, then it could be DOA whenever stuff starts going online.

My boy just sent me a screenshot of his FTM/TOMB LP crypt rewards on Reaper and he's getting 2400+ a month with the current apy with a little under 10k staked

:whew:

Cardano going to have to have some legit DeFi shyt going on that their holders can use to eat with AND entice users from other projects to come into the space. With what's going on with these existing chains in DeFi there has to be something great happening for ADA to even matter.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

I don't believe so. Maybe just the big ones.

I found this article on dex but it might be too complicated.

What are decentralized exchanges, and how do DEXs work?

Basically a dex allows any coin to be listed on it since centralized exchanges like CB, binance, etc., have more strict opposing requirements but are more safer. As well as report your info to the feds and have kyc aka know your customer. On a dex you just connect your wallet and they don't know who you are. With a dex you get more options like better staking, ability to provide liquidity into liquidity pools, higher apr or apy, access to airdrops, more coins, and overall more opportunities to make money. There is a risk tho if a coin rugpulls plus the gas fees thing. Eth gas is high but places like ftm and avax are cheaper. Most dex can interact with each other if they're all connected to a wallet like metamask. I don't know what the different blockchains all are. I know btc and eth and that eth has many coins under it. But I know that a few of the blockchains have their own dex tho. Or at least one built around it.

Eth has uniswap
Binance has pancakeswap
Atom has osmosis
Ftm has spookyswap and a few others
Avax has pangolin and a few others
I think CRO has their own now in vvs finance
Not sure about any others. I know bitcoin doesn't have one cuz no other coin falls under it's umbrella.

All five of them require gas fees and a separate network in your wallet. Tho not every wallet supports each network cuz for atom I have to use keplr and all the others work with metamask. Coins can be converted over from one chain to another most of the time in something called bridging or sending them to an exchange but it's a risk moving coins from one location to another always.