1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Are you making the point that BTC has outperformed all the other Coinbase alts?

Are you assuming everyone entered the market when BTC was 4k?

You'd be wrong on both points. If you enter the market with BTC at 40k why would you buy it when there's alts that can outperform it? Is the goal to feel safe watching BTC go up and then DCA'ing on the way down or to make money and take profits?

You need a good entry on BTC to capitalize. If you missed it, don't buy it, play alts. You bought it 60 days ago you're up 37%.

In that time:

SOL 114%
DOT 58%
ALGO 62%
ATOM 86%
AXS 70%
NU 328%
KEEP 107%

All sitting right there on Coinbase. No charts needed. We could go back a year and a lot of them outperformed. Go back further and ETH did better.

We just had a crash this summer. BTC maxis stay ignoring facts and having selective amnesia.
Average person realistically better off going mostly in eth and whatever else defi centric alt coin but the average person will also likely in my mind be able to only save enough money where them mostly holding btc would probably get the same return. I can't see the average person saving above 15k for investment. Saving 10-15k in btc will be as good as saving 3-6k in eth or a bit below, things get more relative like that for the layman. Only tech savvy adopters will really benefit playing alts and I assume they will be low minority for awhile until the next cycle.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
You sound like a whole different person than a few month ago.

You was on the meme coins something fierce for awhile:pachaha:

After the crash, I took a step back and learned a lot from people who been in crypto game for years, people who hold and trade and got rich and retired in their mid 20s or 30s. I still mess with meme coins and still got Shib im holding bht when it comes to alts, realizing profits whether it be meme coins, fundamentals projects etc I’ve learned to set myself goals and targets when it comes to profit taking. And not having a married to your alts mindset.

Last edited:

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
If anyone else is having trouble swapping saitama on uni you might have to manually adjust the slippage rate :/

Also, what’s up with gas prices these days? Am I right, guys? :troll:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You'd be wrong on both points. If you enter the market with BTC at 40k why would you buy it when there's alts that can outperform it? Is the goal to feel safe watching BTC go up and then DCA'ing on the way down or to make money and take profits?

You need a good entry on BTC to capitalize. If you missed it, don't buy it, play alts. You bought it 60 days ago you're up 37%.
These random ass 30-day 60-day charts with flavor of the month alts that outperform btc are useless. Post a 5-year chart. Where are they and where is btc?

you see it that way cause your sole focus is the short term get rich overnight. people have different goals and all don't need or have the time and risk to put in to get rich overnight. "why buy it when alts can outperform it" There would never be a "good entry point" for someone like you. guarantee you would be the same nikka saying this while BTC was at 500, at 1k, at 4k, 10k, etc. If we all know BTC will be 1 million+ then what is 60k?

That DCA'ing on the way down would have you at almost 2 BTC if you were putting in $100 every week for the last 3 years. That's 100k today. likely to be 1 million in a few years when BTC 10xs from here. from something as simple as setting a weekly recurring buy, you log out, live your life and come back after a few years. While with the alts only approach you had to follow every flavor of the month alt, look at every chart (which is accurate once maybe every 5 or 6 times), every minute of the day, lose money on half of your plays. It's a lot of time and a lot of work. some cats just want some solid returns without all the risk and having to follow 200 different Twitter influencers. BTC/ETH are that.

It's a simpler option thats all. It won't be the one to get you to retirement next year but it will damn sure get you better returns than other traditional investments.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps

In that time:

SOL 114%
DOT 58%
ALGO 62%
ATOM 86%
AXS 70%
NU 328%
KEEP 107%

All sitting right there on Coinbase. No charts needed. We could go back a year and a lot of them outperformed. Go back further and ETH did better.

We just had a crash this summer. BTC maxis stay ignoring facts and having selective amnesia.

With any of these coins when you first buy them, you SHOULD hold them for a year? Before you cash them out? You get taxed on those early gains right?

Even if the value shoot up still hold? It would be hard trying to hold missing out even though the value of these coins are constantly changing daily.

Just trying to line up these investments bruh when tax time rolls through.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Outside of my whip, I was able to pay off all my debt today thanks to this cycle. Sold all my BTC and moved half to Alts and the other half to my bank account.

I really messed up about a year ago playing Options and looking back I low key think I was depressed (easily lost 5 figs worth smh) but crypto has shook me all the way back. The peace of mind of not having to always budget around paying these CC off is a great feeling. A lot of you have played a part in many of these coins I’ve picked and this very thread got me into crypto many moons ago. Appreciate y’all man. :salute:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Outside of my whip, I was able to pay off all my debt today thanks to this cycle. Sold all my BTC and moved half to Alts and the other half to my bank account.

I really messed up about a year ago playing Options and looking back I low key think I was depressed (easily lost 5 figs worth smh) but crypto has shook me all the way back. The peace of mind of not having to always budget around paying these CC off is a great feeling. A lot of you have played a part in many of these coins I’ve picked and this very thread got me into crypto many moons ago. Appreciate y’all man. :salute:

:wow::blessed: motivation