1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
I need that to happen in the next 2 years
full

2 years? If that happens in 2 years that would be GAME CHANGING for so many people :damn: in 2023, let me hold a dollar :damn::russ::mjgrin:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For reasons undisclosed, I’m wondering what yall think of the recent mandates from some crypto exchanges to put every user through some type of KYC (Know Your Customer) compliance check. Basically running an identity verification check on customers before letting them transact. Do you think it’ll be a net gain for the space? Net loss? Curious as to why or why not.

Context - Binance Makes KYC Mandatory For New Users | Crypto Briefing
It depends on how things shake out. If the pros outweigh the cons for users will determine if it's a net gain overall

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
CM Link with quite the comeback tonight. :mjgrin:

Bounced down a few days ago to the 24.75 support and then back over to the $27 line where it bounced off that and back over the trend line yesterday. Then tonight dropped back down to tough the trend line and currently back around the opening price. Set a higher close yesterday during this recent run so hopefully the weekend is kind to us and it stabilizes at worse. Still good to see that 24.75 line hold up and the 27 one too.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
It depends on how things shake out. If the pros outweigh the cons for users will determine if it's a net gain overall

What does that mean though. Not tryna press you, I’m genuinely curious. What do you think the pros and cons will be.

Example pro - it’ll decrease the amount of criminal / terrorist activity that’s funded w/ crypto currency. Binance doing KYC and AML sanctions screening will stop a number of people at the door who have been associated w/ terrorist / criminal activity in the past.

Example con - it’ll likely leave out a small percentage of potential users in the cold. Even if it’s just 1-2%, KYC checks can’t cover everybody, there will be people (younger, new to country, etc.) who can’t be located and/or validated by public records. Even if 1 legitimate person out of 50,000 gets left out when they’re just a person tryna get in, people can view that as a con.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What does that mean though. Not tryna press you, I’m genuinely curious. What do you think the pros and cons will be.

Example pro - it’ll decrease the amount of criminal / terrorist activity that’s funded w/ crypto currency. Binance doing KYC and AML sanctions screening will stop a number of people at the door who have been associated w/ terrorist / criminal activity in the past.

Example con - it’ll likely leave out a small percentage of potential users in the cold. Even if it’s just 1-2%, KYC checks can’t cover everybody, there will be people (younger, new to country, etc.) who can’t be located and/or validated by public records. Even if 1 legitimate person out of 50,000 gets left out when they’re just a person tryna get in, people can view that as a con.
If more exchanges moving to KYC leads to less hacks and more security, it'll be a positive in terms of broader adoption.

DeFi is the North Star objective for crypto, but some of the attributes that come with a completely decentralized system appear to be a gift and a curse to growth.

I feel like there will have to be a middle ground between centralized and decentralized finance along with regulation for the space. That's why I'm like, it kind of depends on what more KYC does for the players involved

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has anybody else had their coinbase account 'under review' before? Got the email this morning. I'm reading around and there are some real horror stories of people having their accounts under review for months. :mjcry:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has anybody else had their coinbase account 'under review' before? Got the email this morning. I'm reading around and there are some real horror stories of people having their accounts under review for months.

no…was it random?

did any activity precede it?

large deposit/withdrawal?

or was it a lack of activity?

sorry for all the questions but that’s scary if it’s just arbitrary…yet another reminder why I don’t leave anything on exchanges