1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All that profit GONE :mjcry:
shytcoins and trading through a depressed period fukked me:dead: But if I could go back, even without knowing how most of these coins would turn out, I'd be sitting on a small fortune. I came into this a rookie, made close to 60k off of that Biden 1400 + a little extra, and lost most of it gambling in defi; I became an addict for the high. Although I did buy early into a few shytcoins that would've made me 7 figures if I held no lie, and I did all this without knowing what the fukk I was doing(but I do now though). All of that is why I'm confident I'll make great money when another bull run starts up (I think there is at least one more to be had in crypto's lifespan, it's hard to tell how things will look in the world a decade from now and how it'll affect financial markets though).

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Personally anticipating sub $1k ETH long before ATHs are tested

same…but I still took a chance and bought a small bag with the hope it runs a little in early august for me to sell and buy back in…worse case scenario it doesn’t and I’m stuck with it…but it’s ETH so I can live with that

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
looking like it could definitely hit under $10

will look to pick some up if it does so early

won’t go crazy tho

will continue to buy if it dips even lower than that as things worsen

:ohhh::mjcry: LINK under 10

on the other hand LINK under 10 :ehh::mjgrin:, feel a shopping spree coming on. In moderation, of course:whoa:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
^^^

the dumb shyt is I stared at LINK for over a year while that shyt bounced between $1-2 but it was hard to maintain conviction during the bear market…now I’m clamoring at the idea of buying it at $10 lol smh

I bet in the bear market that was the ultimate test of conviction
LINK at $1-2 :wow: man if we could go back in time and get that smh lol

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I bet in the bear market that was the ultimate test of conviction
LINK at $1-2 :wow: man if we could go back in time and get that smh lol

FTM was literally under a penny :francis:

that being said you will get a “similar” opportunity…when we hit a bear, prices will drop pretty far in relation to where things ran recently but I don’t expect shyt to fall as low as it did last time

Last edited:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
FTM was literally under a penny :francis:

that being said you will get a “similar” opportunity…when we hit a bear, prices will drop pretty far in relation to where things ran recently but I don’t expect shyt to fall as low as it did last time

yep I'm definitely going to be heavy in this thread and try to seize the next opportunity (Far easier said than done, I know)

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Did most of the legit projects bounce back after the last bear market? I’m thinking about buying DOT if it goes below $10 and holding it on Celsius.

You can actually check and see the entire crypto market in snapshots by date on Coinmarketcap.com here: Check Cryptocurrency Price History For The Top Coins | CoinMarketCap

Heres a link to the start of the previous bear market early 2018:

Historical Snapshot - 14 January 2018 | CoinMarketCap

Bitcoin was still at 13k on that marketsnapshot, down from a high of about 18k... So it was on its way to the bear market.

Take a look at the top 30-40 coins and click on them to see where they are today. MANY of them have died off and lost tons of value. This happens every cycle. Something might be popping right now, but by the next bullmarket it will likely be buried and forgotten. So be careful with altcoins. The strongest non-btc coins have been Ethereum, Binance Coin and Dogecoin :yeshrug:

yep I'm definitely going to be heavy in this thread and try to seize the next opportunity (Far easier said than done, I know)

One thing I have learned about the bear markets is that you will have to be vigilant. Crypto reddits, threads and discords die off about 5/6 months into a REAL crypto bear market. If you stay active in the threads youll basically be talking to yourself. It can be tough to stay focused and accumulate during those periods when theres no excitement at all and prices are just plummeting even right after you buy some. But every single time every person that has persisted and kept buying when the hype died, they were rewarded big time.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

…and LINK…LINK and BNB held up strongly during the bear and even reached new ATHs within that time period

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you hold alts you are about to get wiped.

Regulatory hammer coming

folks had me convinced of that in 2019 as well :francis:

not gonna lie when regular binance got banned in the US that discouraged the shyt out of me and I ended up selling all my “new” alts at the time and putting it into BTC…this was some time in 2019…these were the alts I was holding at the time—

5M VET
150k 500k ADA
1.5M FTM
5000 1500 LINK

…and I’d got them at low prices since we were in the midst of a bear market at the time…long story short as discouraging as it may be don’t be discouraged…either binance will create a specific site for your country (similar to binance.us) or current exchanges that are available in your respective countries will be given a chance to step their game up to compete as coinbase did in the US (for a long time coinbase literally only listed 3 tokens—BTC, ETH and LTC)

*edit*

just read it’s not even a full site/exchange ban lol

but it’s good for folks to hear multiple sides, outlooks, possibilities just to prepare themselves for these sharky waters that won’t necessarily be easy to navigate

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
folks had me convinced of that in 2019 as well :francis:

but it’s good for folks to hear multiple sides, outlooks, possibilities just to prepare themselves for these sharky waters that won’t necessarily be easy to navigate

What’s 2019 got anything to do with current situation?