1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
That's why I feel like there will be a compromise and blend of the two. The main pushback from governments around crypto is around regulation, that's why it would be wise to follow the projects that are targeting compliance for their assets/platforms to work seamlessly within the constructs of the financial systems that people are accustomed to.

let's say there were two .. who would stop a run on one of them?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
let's say there were two .. who would stop a run on one of them?
I can see governments creating stipulations and raising fees/taxes for DeFi platforms which would push people to use more of a hybrid solution that plays by the regulated rules.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I can see governments creating stipulations and raising fees/taxes for DeFi platforms which would push people to use more of a hybrid solution that plays by the regulated rules.

so the government would control access?

i don't think government controlled crypto is going to replace "wild crypto" unless the latter is banned. and even then it will exist in niches.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could Bubbles be Elon Musk? :jbhmm:

Bubbles is a deranged addict who has used drugs in the past and who uses his words to help the police be suspicious about whats going on and know more about the drug game and try to stop it. And Elon is a deranged crypto investor who uses his words to help spread FUD and help the government be suspicous of whats going on, know more about crypto, and look for ways to regulate or stop it.
Elon is Marlo

He been doing this to the whole market

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
without an authority the banking system in 2008 would probably have collapsed and our economies with it.

in a decentralised world who would perform this role to save the system from the mania of the crowd?

-

it's worth noting that BTC (etc) do have a hierarchy of some sort. the devs.

The 2008 collapse was brought about by policies from the "authorities".

The developers in Bitcoin do little else but write code and propose changes. They serve the interests of users.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Could Bubbles be Elon Musk? :jbhmm:

Bubbles is a deranged addict who has used drugs in the past and who uses his words to help the police be suspicious about whats going on and know more about the drug game and try to stop it. And Elon is a deranged crypto investor who uses his words to help spread FUD and help the government be suspicous of whats going on, know more about crypto, and look for ways to regulate or stop it.
Bubbles is 109% Micheal Saylor

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The 2008 collapse was brought about by policies from the "authorities".

The developers in Bitcoin do little else but write code and propose changes. They serve the interests of users.

I'm sure you know a lot about banking and tech :salute:.

Ever worked at a bank? Ever written a line of code?