1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I'm sure you know a lot about banking and tech :salute:.

Ever worked at a bank? Ever written a line of code?

I've been involved in Bitcoin development for around 5 years and sat in the same room as the pre-eminent developers of the project discussing project development on numerous occasions.

What's your experience?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I've been involved in Bitcoin development for around 5 years and sat in the same room with the pre-eminent developers of the project on numerous occasions.

What's your experience?

That's not experience. Don't evade questions.

1. Have you ever worked at a bank?

I have worked for the following investment banks (plus others) Credit Sussie. Deutsche Bank, Citibank, HSBC ..

I sat through the 2008 crash. The bank I worked for no longer exists because of it.

2. Have you ever written a line of code?

Yes I have. Probably millions at this point in time.

I even compiled and checked my first solidity ETH contract into github a few days ago. When I have time I will release it onto the test net.

I just turned down a crypto dev position for a leading open banking project in the UK as they didn't offer enough.

I first used bitcoin in around 2012, was offered but turned down a BTC/crypto research and implementation manager job in 2016 for a research division of a fortune 500 company.

I have a Batchelor's degree in Computer Science, a Master's degree in Fundamentals of Computer Science, both from global top 10 universities and will soon embark on a Master's in Finance (and probably management).

This all means that unlike you, I can actually read satoshi's paper and understand it.

-

Now you answer the questions.

I know about the 2008 crash better than you because I work in finance and I actually sat through the blow-by-blow of the crash.

I understand crypto because it falls in the area of finance and tech which I have been studying and working with daily for a long time.

And that's not half of it.

Over to you ...

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
That's not experience. Don't evade questions.

1. Have you ever worked at a bank?

I have worked for the following investment banks (plus others) Credit Sussie. Deutsche Bank, Citibank, HSBC ..

I sat through the 2008 crash. The bank I worked for no longer exists because of it.

2. Have you ever written a line of code?

Yes I have. Probably millions at this point in time.

I even compiled and checked my first solidity ETH contract into github a few days ago. When I have time I will release it onto the test net.

I just turned down a crypto dev position for a leading open banking project in the UK as they didn't offer enough.

I first used bitcoin in around 2012, was offered but turned down a BTC/crypto research and implementation manager job in 2016 for a research division of a fortune 500 company.

I have a Batchelor's degree in Computer Science, a Master's degree in Fundamentals of Computer Science, both from global top 10 universities and will soon embark on a Master's in Finance (and probably management).

This all means that unlike you, I can actually read satoshi's paper and understand it.

-

Now you answer the questions.

I know about the 2008 crash better than you because I work in finance and I actually sat through the blow-by-blow of the crash.

I understand crypto because it falls in the area of finance and tech which I have been studying and working with daily for a long time.

And that's not half of it.

Over to you ...

I have not.

Then again, being a code monkey does not grace you with an understanding of Bitcoin's consensus system which is executed through the code, yes, but ultimately hinges on socio-economic behaviour. I have seen too many so called smart coders face plant trying to get involved with Bitcoin because of Dunning Kruger tendencies.

Do you deny that government interventions in the markets had a marked influence on the 2008 housing bubble?

Can you make a case for Bitcoin developers having authority over the project's consensus rules?

Over to you...

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Note that I don't actually expect you to even address this because that would require you to provide concrete evidence for your claims rather than just impress the crowd with your credentials

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I have not.

Then again, being a code monkey does not grace you with an understanding of Bitcoin's consensus system which is executed through the code, yes, but ultimately hinges on socio-economic behaviour. I have seen too many so called smart coders face plant trying to get involved with Bitcoin because of Dunning Kruger tendencies.

Do you deny that government interventions in the markets had a marked influence on the 2008 housing bubble?

Can you make a case for Bitcoin developers having authority over the project's consensus rules?

Over to you...

sorry but you do not have the tools to discuss with me.

example (your very first statement): you said "policy caused the 2008 crash" without realising that the prevailing argument is that "lax policy" caused the crash or expressed in another way "too little legislation". in other words the policy argument argues against your position and actually argues for more legislation NOT less.

writ large: "policy caused the crash because it was too lax" is the refrain.

TLDR; you are arguing against your position e-grow.

-

unlike some on here I do not have the time or patience to educate you.

you lack a a deep understanding because you lack the foundational underpinnings of extended study of the disciplines on which crypto is based and you lack the ability to shut up and learn.

patchy ad-hoc autodidactic learning might work as an able substitute if you were a genius, but that is not you.

your logic mistake above is because you haven't had the rules of formal logic drilled into you, so even when you are arguing against yourself, you fail to recognise it.

why oh why should anyone who is past that stage spend time wallowing in that basic nonsense?

-

unlike you I know what I know and what I don't. I am actively studying to fill in the gaps for what I don't know. I am in my own time learning ETH/blockchain development and I am willing to learn from anyone that knows what they are talking about.

your reductive missives do not qualify.

and if that doesn't permeate your skull then TLDR; oxford >>> your BS

:camby::hubie:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
@TENET

The signals are apparent to me. Complete decentralization isn't happening before new and better centralized alternatives get more exposure and mainstream.
Complete decentralization of everything wouldn't really work. DeFi will probably have its place but it'd be naive to think the global financial system would agree to throw the whole SWIFT network out the door for DeFi.

It's old and antiquated but they'll probably end up just upgrading. Like in 2021 there should be no reason why anyone still needs to wait 3-5 business days for money to transfer

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Complete decentralization of everything wouldn't really work. DeFi will probably have its place but it'd be naive to think the global financial system would agree to throw the whole SWIFT network out the door for DeFi.

It's old and antiquated but they'll probably end up just upgrading. Like in 2021 there should be no reason why anyone still needs to wait 3-5 business days for money to transfer

just to be clear I man am just asking (open) questions. topics which as far as I see it, it might be worthwhile to discuss.

my general opinion about the future of BTC has been expressed elsewhere, but this is not about that.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

e-grow the first exhibit is your lack of logic in the example i pointed at above.

the second exhibit is you still refusing to learn.

the third exhibit is that I don't have time for your nonsense..

:hubie:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
brehs, follow pabloheman on TikTok
he has been spot on with his predictions
He's been pretty on point.
I've lowkey followed him for a while. (Tiktok would drop his vids all the time in my feed.)
But when his "DOGE will crash during Elon Musk SNL visit" and "BTC will crash to around 30K soon" predictions were spot on accurate I gave him a follow.