1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
TightAgedCranefly-size_restricted.gif

Me waiting for the chinese markets to buy Shiba...:lolbron: Tonight...

Get more feg before the train leaves the station

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I don't think you know what google and facebook B2B actually do.

Google's B2B revenue was almost 200bn in 2020.

That's money "involved" :ufdup:

Think google is all about free email services brehs :hhh:
I think you missed my point here. Not talking B2B. "Assumption: End users went from Myspace to Facebook / Yahoo to Google with ease so they'll easily go from BTC to New Coin X" is wrong way to look at it is my point.

1 trade to reverse that. Just 1 trade.
conservative type investors like insurance funds or pension retirement funds dont do quick trades. when they go in, they've done the lengthy research, they're in for the long-haul. decade plus minimum. private keys locked up in mountains. mind is made up. they're not doing that for other coins

Like what? List some. Tell me how they make trading out of BTC impossible or difficult.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/05/bit...reds-of-us-banks-says-crypto-firm-nydig-.html
Notice the wording. very specific to bitcoin. no other coin. that's adoption

Blockchain security is not based on empiricism. It is a mathematical argument. Provable in a few sheets of paper.

9 sides including references for the full proof: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf .

BTC has been rolled back before.
Perception. No hacks. 12+ years. people not interested in mathematical arguments. show me 12+ years of security and stability with the institutional-grade level custody service behind it.

here are some tech videos which explain why compartmentalised layer-0 will abstracted further and further away from users.
what are we arguing here? btc has limitations and tradeoffs for sake of its security and decentralization. they'll most likely be addressed through layer 2s and side chains. no disagreements there

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I think you missed my point here. Not talking B2B.

you are not talking about the phenomenon of the company google if you want to arbitrarily exclude money.

conservative type investors like insurance funds or pension retirement funds dont do quick trades. when they go in, they've done the lengthy research, they're in for the long-haul. decade plus minimum. private keys locked up in mountains. mind is made up

babble.

"don't do quick trades"?? how many trading floors have you been on? it is so ill-lettered that I increasingly find that I am wasting my time answering someone who just doesn't have the tools for this discussion.

c'mon now.

i didn't say "quick"
investment houses do liquify portfolios quickly - did the 2008 financial crisis somehow skip your attention. billions of long-term hold investment grade CDO's sold overnight at pennies to the dollar. I was sitting in an investment bank at the time. working... how did you manage to miss it?
we are talking about a "better product". feel free to say that a better product is "not possible"
institutions operate "crypto desks/divisions" NOT BTC desks / divisions.

why are you talking about things that you do not understand? these companies do not just buy and hold. their investments are managed each and everyday based on risks and prevailing market conditions.

they're not doing that for other coins

more babble !

grayscale (one of if not the biggest institutional investors if not the biggest) offers NOT BTC products - https://grayscale.com/products/ .

bvhukAC.png

same 3iQ same with bitwise.

name me 5 investment companies (principle activity with asset reports) that ONLY invest in BTC and no other cryptos.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/05/bit...reds-of-us-banks-says-crypto-firm-nydig-.html
Notice the wording. very specific to bitcoin. no other coin. that's adoption

no idea what that has to do with what I said.

do you understand what layer over BTC means for this? customers operate at layer-N (application) not layer-0 "coin type".

why is that not sinking in?

Perception. No hacks. 12+ years. people not interested in mathematical arguments. show me 12+ years of security and stability with the institutional-grade level custody service behind it.

do you understand what maths and bitcoin have to do with each other? your limitations are not shared by the actuaries who actually greenlight this stuff.

you want to go through a worked example - just so I can show that the mathematical argument is a core part of their crypto risk management,

what are we arguing here? btc has limitations and tradeoffs for sake of its security and decentralization. they'll most likely be addressed through layer 2s and side chains. no disagreements there

do you understand how that means that people will NOT transact at level-0?

the higher up the levels you go the more coin agnostic you are when it comes to actually transacting.

that plus cross chain makes the currency at layer-0 swappable. you could take out BTC at level-0 and plug in ADA.

this easy swappability is how a new better coin supplants the more limited ones at layer-0.

do you understand what I just said?

that is how engineered systems work. from your phone to the internet to your car. the lot!

--