1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Alright for those wondering how to get started

first, take the time to research. Not just in this thread but also the internet (including Reddit).

sevond here’s what *i* did.

download Coinbase which most of you have.

Download Coinbase wallet which is a digital wallet. (Research wallets. Digital and hardware)

go on Coinbase and buy Eth. You can buy fraction. In other words you don’t have to spend 4 grand. You can spend 1. Just like you don’t need a dollar to spend money, you can spend a dime or a quarter.

after buying your eth on Coinbase

connect to your Coinbase wallet. Follow the instructions they are searchable I’m not typing all that shyt.

then go on uniswap.org and connect your wallet ( again I’m giving free game that I had to piece together myself from this thread and Reddit so I’m not doing step by step baby style shyt)

then from there you can buy SHIBA or whatever else that trades across the Ethereum network.

I’m sure there are other ways but that’s what *i* did. You can buy doge or lite coin or xlm on Coinbase or Robinhood.

millions of ways to skin this cat, but there’s a direct path for you guys

All I ask in return is we keep it mature n keep spreading the love in here.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
shyt is crazy how Crypto makes people greedy. I helped a couple people make a few thousands and brehs are like, nah that ain't enough and they get addicted to that hodl life to "maximize profit". I haven't done as well as @A.V. but I highly suggest y'all follow dudes blueprint. This hodl life will more than likely result in you being left with holding a bag. Nothing wrong with taking profit, you end up with more money than you started. Brehs talking about investing in Shiba for years and I'm like :francis:. Bear market will likely come at some point and shiba likely won't even make it to the next bull run. But again proceed at your own risk. :hubie:
Man you right lol I’m still new I’m trying to get as much as I can

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I missing something with Kucoin?

How do I enable my binding phone number?

What is all this shyt?:mindblown:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After fiddling with a few apps, I found Coinbase to be the best as far as UI.

Their charts are pretty :russ:

And you can search most coins (even unsupported ones) and get a lot of data and news about them through that app. This is also the app I connect to my bank account, NO OTHERS. It's one of the most legitimate apps to use in the US.

Any time I buy crypto, I use my USD and buy XLM with Coinbase.
After that, I transfer that XLM into Bitmart, which is the only app I use to BUY/SELL/TRADE with.

XLM has low transaction fees, and will keep Coinbase and the IRS from taxing you too crazy, since you're only really paying ridiculous capital gains tax on holds under a year. You won't be paying capital gains tax for trading on a platform like Bitmart, which doesn't accept USD and won't connect to your bank account (which also lowers their tax liability). So you can go CRAZY on there with the trading :lolbron:

Once you understand (use Google/Youtube) how to copy wallet addresses correctly and paste them where they need to be, to transfer your XLM into your Bitmart wallet, you then SELL all of that XLM for USDT. USDT is a stablecoin, virtually equivalent with the value of 1 USD.

So if you want to invest $300 into Shib, buy $300 of XLM on Coinbase.

Send that XLM to Bitmart.

SELL 100% of your XLM. (It will automatically be converted to USDT)

Think of USDT as a digital dollar.

You can now use that USDT to buy SHIB.

Once you get your investment strategy, etc all worked out and you're ready to sell, just reverse the process. SELL whatever amount of SHIB you'd like.

BUY XLM

Transfer that XLM to your Coinbase wallet.

And finally, SELL the XLM on Coinbase for cash.

Transfer the Cash to your bank account.

SKIP the instant transfer, the fees will be high.

Do the 1-3 business days confirmation transfer, it's free.

If done this way, your tax liability is only for the initial purchase and transferring of the XLM from and back to cash. Everything else in between, you've legally avoided Uncle Sam on :gladbron:

I'm sure they'll find a workaround in the next few years, but until then, this is the process I use.

:salute:
I like it

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
shyt is crazy how Crypto makes people greedy. I helped a couple people make a few thousands and brehs are like, nah that ain't enough and they get addicted to that hodl life to "maximize profit". I haven't done as well as @A.V. but I highly suggest y'all follow dudes blueprint. This hodl life will more than likely result in you being left with holding a bag. Nothing wrong with taking profit, you end up with more money than you started. Brehs talking about investing in Shiba for years and I'm like :francis:. Bear market will likely come at some point and shiba likely won't even make it to the next bull run. But again proceed at your own risk. :hubie:
The issue I see a lot of people make is they wanna hold coins literally meant to flip and trade.

Was giving this young breh advice on what to invest in at my job, I gave him chainlink ada and eth as starters cause he only got a few hundred to give, but he low key trying to make a big come up in only a few months

Now he may with those projects but I told him if you trying to make a quick buck you need to learn how to trade, otherwise, hold the top projects, and even then occasionally shave some profits off for reinvestment or to help pay your expenses when you need it.

This bullrun I'm gonna call the reverse run cause everyone trying to get rich off shytcoins and not the long-term projects.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But everything I've read so far states that you pay capital gains taxes on cash-to-crypto and crypto-to-cash, as well as crypto-to-crypto transactions on all purchases and transactions made with your USD/bank account through whatever app is connected to said account/cash transaction.

If I'm wrong, please refer me to your basis for that, and send a link or something so I can read more on the law itself regarding that. Thanks.

You won't find a reference that specifies anything having to do with accounts tied to USD/bank account because there is no basis for that.

It's common knowledge that crypto-to-crypto trades on crypto-only exchanges such as ByBit or Bitmex are taxable events.

See for example:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
The issue I see a lot of people make is they wanna hold coins literally meant to flip and trade.

Was giving this young breh advice on what to invest in at my job, I gave him chainlink ada and eth as starters cause he only got a few hundred to give, but he low key trying to make a big come up in only a few months

Now he may with those projects but I told him if you trying to make a quick buck you need to learn how to trade, otherwise, hold the top projects, and even then occasionally shave some profits off for reinvestment or to help pay your expenses when you need it.

This bullrun I'm gonna call the reverse run cause everyone trying to get rich off shytcoins and not the long-term projects.

Brehs about to ride that SHIB price all the way back down. I tried to tell them to sell a percentage, take some profit, set a price to buy back in. Coin is cheap as shyt anyway, you can always buy back in, but they wanted to hodl :yeshrug:. Too afraid of missing a spike. One thing I've learned is shyt normally always retraces when there is a big spike, and when you don't think there is going to be a dip, there will be a dip.

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
crypto.com app is trash, kept giving me a time out error when buying shiba and now i've accidently bought 10 million :martin:
Same here fam! I called my bank to cancel the transaction. This is bs. I’m done with the crypto sh1t, I have made a light stack in a week but you damn near become obsessed with this sh1t anyway.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You won't find a reference that specifies anything having to do with accounts tied to USD/bank account because there is no basis for that.

It's common knowledge that crypto-to-crypto trades on crypto-only exchanges such as ByBit or Bitmex are taxable events.

See for example:

Listen to this man

Daps

shyt is crazy for real bro, I will not cash out on my ETH until it hits 10k.... But for these quick rising coins you best cashout sooner rather than later. These developers are creating coins with better capabilities than the last ones and you need to find that new wave almost on a monthly basis.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Happened last bullrun. It will happen again. The nature of human greed is a mf. Gonna be some hard lessons learned