1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Ok so explain to the class where NPR, the New York Times and others mean by saying it's Worth 2 Trillion Dollars then???:beli: if im wrong fine :ld: but if the entire company is "WORTH" 2 trillion dollars then?!?!:stopitslime:

That is the implied value based on market cap - as explained in the videos I posted.

But you have seen the PE/ratio and the overvaluation of stock discussed a million times. There is nothing constraining the value becoming detached from the actual worth of the company (fair price).

Plus again, that stock is not owned by the company, so they don't have it.

Each share-holder is an "owner" (on paper).

When those sources use worth they mean it in the context of the above and with the understanding that the implied valuation is not necessarily a direct reflection of the actual value of the company itself.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
You said they had a trillion in cash... which they dont.. i really wish at the very least theyd ban you from financial threads, if you want to be a retard in the arcadium thats fine, but you have the most posts in this thread, with the least invested. How you giving financial advise when you cant even afford a car?

now you are wrongly talking about their worth and evaluation.
Exactly. Mods need to ban these fukking trolls like @Master Teacher and @ORDER_66 . This is getting out of hand.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That is the implied value based on market cap - as explained in the videos I posted.

But you have seen the PE/ratio and the overvaluation of stock discussed a million times. There is nothing constraining the value becoming detached from the actual worth of the company (fair price).

Plus again, that stock is not owned by the company, so they don't have it.

Each share-holder is an "owner" (on paper).

When those sources use worth they mean it in the context of the above and with the understanding that the implied valuation is not necessarily a direct reflection of the actual value of the company itself.

Ok thx for the info...:ld:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Ok thx for the info...:ld:

read/watch up about stock/bond markets and corporate finance.

proverbial "license to print money".

if you are into football/soccer, as a good contemporary case study, look at how the Glazers bought Manchester United and about their occasional gouging (aka restricted class stock issuances).

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
No one is arguing... but you crying to the mods aint helping, makes you look like a Snitch...:manny: :mjlol:
You have the most posts in this thread (near 1,200 total posts out of the 30,000 posts in here) but you have the least amount of knowledge. All you do is argue in here or give failed finance advise. Unfortunately theirs other retarded members on this site who confuse high post count, for knowledge, and im sure people in here have lost thousands combined based on some of the advice youve given.

its highly irresponsible as a forum to continue to let someone with minimal financial knowledge, be the most vocal in a financial thread. The right thing to do here is remove your posting privileges in this thread.

you want to learn? Shut the fukk up and read and learn then. Stop fukking posting in here, and if you cant do that, at the least stop fukking telling people what they should invest in.

you arent a financial advisor. You are a retard.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you don't know something, shut the fukk up and go read. No one is here to argue over stupid shyt.

no dog in this fight but great advice...I’ve had to use it in this thread myself...instead of focusing so much on 2017—there are some general lessons to be learned from then but—I should’ve paid more attention to the changes in the market that posters like @mannyrs13 @Supa @the bossman were talking about regarding DEFI since the middle of last year...these aren’t the only names in here dropping knowledge of course...just the ones I see as I look back specifically at certain topics in the thread...but ya it’s ok to be wrong and acknowledge it and k.i.m especially before it gets disrespectful and distracting

the goal shouldn’t be to win an argument or look the smartest, but to make money

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You have the most posts in this thread (near 1,200 total posts out of the 30,000 posts in here) but you have the least amount of knowledge. All you do is argue in here or give failed finance advise. Unfortunately theirs other retarded members on this site who confuse high post count, for knowledge, and im sure people in here have lost thousands combined based on some of the advice youve given.

its highly irresponsible as a forum to continue to let someone with minimal financial knowledge, be the most vocal in a financial thread. The right thing to do here is remove your posting privileges in this thread.

you want to learn? Shut the fukk up and read and learn then. Stop fukking posting in here, and if you cant do that, at the least stop fukking telling people what they should invest in.

you arent a financial advisor. You are a retard.

There we go with this stalker shyt...:beli: You come here talking all this ying yang but I see YOU not posting ANY thing about crypto to help any of us here... NONE zero zilch nada... so go away...:camby: LET'S KEEP THIS ABOUT CRYPTO.. moving on...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
No one is arguing... but you crying to the mods aint helping, makes you look like a Snitch...:manny: :mjlol:

no harm, no foul.

one thing I need to add to make it clearer.

the executives at apple do not have control over that "2 trillion" so that amount is divorced from the income/profits - taxable amounts of the company.

think of it like crypto. BTC's market cap is worth "x trillion" BUT no one person owns that or controls it.

with stock there is a distinction between the price and the value, but they use jargon: value to refer to price.

"There is a big difference between the two. The stock's price only tells you a company's current value or its market value. So, the price represents how much the stock trades at—or the price agreed upon by a buyer and a seller. ... On the other hand, the intrinsic value is a company's actual worth in dollars."
Understanding Stock Prices and Values

finally in a well functioning market there should be a relationship between the implied value (market) vs. the actual worth of the company but it's not a simple 1-to-1.

:manny::hubie:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
no harm, no foul.

one thing I need to add to make it clearer.

the executives at apple do not have control over that "2 trillion" so that amount is divorced from the income/profits - taxable amounts of the company.

think of it like crypto. BTC's market cap is worth "x trillion" BUT no one person owns that or controls it.

with stock there is a distinction between the price and the value, but they use jargon: value to refer to price.

"There is a big difference between the two. The stock's price only tells you a company's current value or its market value. So, the price represents how much the stock trades at—or the price agreed upon by a buyer and a seller. ... On the other hand, the intrinsic value is a company's actual worth in dollars."
Understanding Stock Prices and Values

finally in a well functioning market there should be a relationship between the implied value (market) vs. the actual worth of the company but it's not a simple 1-to-1.

:manny::hubie:

Ok cool...:ld: :ehh:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
There we go with this stalker shyt...:beli: You come here talking all this ying yang but I see YOU not posting ANY thing about crypto to help any of us here... NONE zero zilch nada... so go away...:camby: LET'S KEEP THIS ABOUT CRYPTO.. moving on...
I dont speak on it much because its not something im very knowledgeable in. Im in here reading. You should follow my lead.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I dont speak on it much because its not something im very knowledgeable in. Im in here reading. You should follow my lead.

I own stocks and crypto I've been doing CRYPTO since 2014-2015 and as an early adopter I can say what I fukking want and give my opinion on things... you dont like it so what!?:what: I'm learning too, so what... ok so lets move on...:snooze: