1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why do people develop tokens on the ERC20 system when the gas is ridiculous.
You have smart chain and others correct me if I am wrong here.

I stay far from Uniswap, doesn't make sense to me.
binance smart chain is centralized and they just started this year

etherium developers have years of documentation available

eth is coming up with a short term fix which is EIP-1559 (basically burning some gas tokens)
the longer term solution is moving to proof of stake from proof of work (which is ETH 2.0

Competitors Polkadot and cardano already have implemented proof of stake which is why people are so bullish on those 2 blockchains
however, there arent much apps being built on those blockchains as they are pretty barebones

I'm riding with ETH

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
@ReasonableMatic :francis: Buy atom by March 18 huh? :troll::mjcry:

It's all good. We gonna hopefully be alright soon enough. :sadcam:

Looking at the chart, drop below $15 on 2/14 was the low point during this year's recent run. Hasn't gone below that point since even tho it's had some dips. Looks like there's some support at 15.83 but I don't know if we can handle more red. :to:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
@ReasonableMatic :francis: Buy atom by March 18 huh? :troll::mjcry:

It's all good. We gonna hopefully be alright soon enough. :sadcam:

Looking at the chart, drop below $15 on 2/14 was the low point during this year's recent run. Hasn't gone below that point since even tho it's had some dips. Looks like there's some support at 15.83 but I don't know if we can handle more red. :to:
ATOM went up 50% since I said that lol.

Whales dumpin is out of our control.

It’s a still a good sign imo, it means they’re driving the price down because they wanna accumulate at low prices. Be mentally ready for the price to go down a LOT more. Buy the dip and hold if you can afford it
attachment.php

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Whales dumpin is out of our control.

It’s a still a good sign imo, it means they’re driving the price down because wanna accumulate at low prices. Be mentally ready for the price to go down a LOT more. Buy the dip and hold if you can afford it
attachment.php
Yeah definitely holding and hoping my staking can add up thru compounding. Moved some over to staking on Sunday and waiting to see how long until I hit 20 rewards so I can compound those and add it to my stake and keep repeating.

The voting on the ibc should be finishing soon so hopefully that helps later this month or early next month I believe.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL

eth is coming up with a short term fix which is EIP-1559 (basically burning some gas tokens)
the longer term solution is moving to proof of stake from proof of work (which is ETH 2.0

Competitors Polkadot and cardano already have implemented proof of stake which is why people are so bullish on those 2 blockchains
however, there arent much apps being built on those blockchains as they are pretty barebones

I'm riding with ETH
There's Tron and the Omni network also, do you think these have a potential to make moves in the market?
I'm not an expert just someone who has gotten into this recently so I'm genuinely asking.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's Tron and the Omni network also, do you think these have a potential to make moves in the market?
I'm not an expert just someone who has gotten into this recently so I'm genuinely asking.
I’m not an expert either

but Tron is definitely dead

anyone shilling Tron to you is holding huge bags from 2018

not sure about OMNI

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County

ETH has first mover advantage and plenty of money locked into the ecosystem. Seeing the success of BSC, more and more projects are branching out and realizing it's better to be cross chain. Some will or won't based on their own convictions about what is more or less decentralized but that shyt won't matter in the end IMO. Whichever works the best and is cheapest is where the money will go. The fact that there are suitable alternatives at all now isn't good for ETH and it really just got started. I dumped all of mine into BSC projects and have tripled my bags in a little over a month. It might be short lived and ETH might prove me wrong, recover, and hit 3K after the next release. We shall see. For now I don't see ETH continuing to dominate the smart contract space in the long run like it has.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ETH has first mover advantage and plenty of money locked into the ecosystem. Seeing the success of BSC, more and more projects are branching out and realizing it's better to be cross chain. Some will or won't based on their own convictions about what is more or less decentralized but that shyt won't matter in the end IMO. Whichever works the best and is cheapest is where the money will go. The fact that there are suitable alternatives at all now isn't good for ETH and it really just got started. I dumped all of mine into BSC projects and have tripled my bags in a little over a month. It might be short lived and ETH might prove me wrong, recover, and hit 3K after the next release. We shall see. For now I don't see ETH continuing to dominate the smart contract space in the long run like it has.
Interesting outlook

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

Gas fees go up when there's high usage. This only happens when market is extremely bullish and new trending use cases like DeFi pop up. Ethereum has always been the de facto smart contract platform and has a huge network effect that all those other platforms don't have

As a developer you go to the platform where the most users are

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Those chains like TRON and EOS don't have much usage.

Go to Top Blockchain Dapps | DappRadar

It will show you the usage of dapps. ETH leads by a wide margin. BSC apps are also making some headway

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm riding with ETH

There's new DOT projects popping up every week. They're ecosystem is booming as is Cosmos and Solana. The strength of BSC is it easily allows other projects to port over. People can talk centralization all they want but Ethereum is basically centralizing the wealth of Defi by pricing out regular people due to high gas costs.

You can either go with a decentralized Ethereum and make no money or participate in Defi and make money on a centralized platform. The moralism makes no sense