1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
My main bags are $eland & $zdex :blessed: question tho how long is the bull run meant to run, compared to last year

All Star
Daps
But don't most coins in the space run that risk of something going horribly wrong and their prices wiping out any gains you make and there's nothing you can do about that either? Way I see it, with speculative assests like these there's really no reason to feel assured with anything you do and that includes even keeping them in your own wallet cause if the prices happens to crash then it doesn't matter where you keep it.

The problem with CeFi is simple. Everything from the unknown of smart contract risks, to passing off all fees to lendee's, and all the risk of an uncollateralized loan to the lender is bullshyt for such a young market.

You're comparing CeFi to the code in a token's project becoming immutable, or something else drastic. That's going to happen investing in shytcoins. Everybody with skin in the game has had a bleeding portfolio once or twice. But for me... I'd sleep better knowing I have 100% control over my keys vs. taking 100% risk for a measly 6% APY in a (yes, speculative, but) infinitely appreciating asset. I didn't blink once last March, I kept buying and opened positions in other projects at great prices. I would never sleep giving away my Bitcoin to BlockFi, because the risk is literally all or nothing.

That market will mature. It's not going anywhere. But for now, it's not really an attractive option for lenders. I'll go with a PoS token with upside that I can stake on-chain over them. Or, wait for the next bear market when opportunity cost lost in stablecoins are lower, and lend those.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
The problem with CeFi is simple. Everything from the unknown of smart contract risks, to passing off all fees to lendee's, and all the risk of an uncollateralized loan to the lender is bullshyt for such a young market.

You're comparing CeFi to the code in a token's project becoming immutable, or something else drastic. That's going to happen investing in shytcoins. Everybody with skin in the game has had a bleeding portfolio once or twice. But for me... I'd sleep better knowing I have 100% control over my keys vs. taking 100% risk for a measly 6% APY in a (yes, speculative, but) infinitely appreciating asset. I didn't blink once last March, I kept buying and opened positions in other projects at great prices. I would never sleep giving away my Bitcoin to BlockFi, because the risk is literally all or nothing.

That market will mature. It's not going anywhere. But for now, it's not really an attractive option for lenders. I'll go with a PoS token with upside that I can stake on-chain over them. Or, wait for the next bear market when opportunity cost lost in stablecoins are lower, and lend those.
Eeeehhhh imma small fish tho, got less than 20k lent I don't think people like me are at much risk vs people with more money like you, you got way more to worry about so I get your viewpoint

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ya I just peeped this shyt lose close to $100 billion with a screen refresh lol smh

my homeboy said he just got liquidated for a 12k loss

he thought he could trade on the bounce from 57k to 59k and that shyt went straight to 53k

I’m hoping he’s bullshytting because I know for sure he can’t afford to lose 12k, that would break him.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my homeboy said he just got liquidated for a 12k loss

he thought he could trade on the bounce from 57k to 59k and that shyt went straight to 53k

I’m hoping he’s bullshytting because I know for sure he can’t afford to lose 12k, that would break him.

damn. :huhldup: