1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sick smmfh...that time around march when coronavirus became SERIOUS SERIOUS in the media ended up being the “best” thing to happen to crypto and the stock market

A year ago... Let's keep our perspective at all times :wow:

9g6c9z1oxnj61.jpg

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did ETH get so high in a short amount of time, was it due to the usage of smart contracts on decentralised platforms?

And now that BNB has smart chain and with it being cheaper to exchange, can we expect a drop in ETH and a bigger surge in BNB?

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
How did ETH get so high in a short amount of time, was it due to the usage of smart contracts on decentralised platforms?

And now that BNB has smart chain and with it being cheaper to exchange, can we expect a drop in ETH and a bigger surge in BNB?
That’s crypto fam. ETH hit $1400 back during the 2017 run.

Can’t speak on BNB. No one can say anything for certain in this space.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

Ethereum been around since 2015. So it's not like it popped out of nowhere. Most widely used and adopted smart contract platform by a longshot. A lot of tools, resources, and big community for developers. None of the other smart contract platforms have anywhere close to the same amount of resources. I'd say Polkadot is growing rapidly though.

Remains to be seen what ends up happening.

So far BSC has cheaper fees but very little in terms of legit projects or developer community. But if any company has the money and clout to compete with ETH it's definitely Binance.

My gut tells me they will be fine in the end. But reality is until that ETH 2.0 drops or a bonafide Layer 2 solution emerges the door is definitely now blown wide open. Ethereum is on notice

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
BSC is making an impact for sure. I've been dabbling in the defi space for a bit and was bullish on ETH projects like AAVE and Compound but with BSC offering similar projects with much, MUCH cheaper fees and some crazy APYs (for now) I'll never use those protocols again unless shyt changes and I can't be the only one. You'll see more and more projects make a shift to BSC as there's plenty of money being moved there. So a downshift on ETHs momentum in terms of mindshare is real. I doubt we will see it as anything drastic on ETHs price in the short term tho. BNBs price however should continue to rise.