1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Not really, if we talking strictly from a point of getting good returns, you'd need to put a significant amount of money in to btc to see good gains at this point not everyone got that luxury to dump like 10k into an investment. Something like Ethereum or ADA are good if you got into crypto at a later stage and only got a few racks to play with on some second chance shyt.

I'll give you guys ETH cause I can't be bothered explaining its long term downside but putting money into ADA long term is just asking to get burned.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I'll give you guys ETH cause I can't be bothered explaining its long term downside but putting money into ADA long term is just asking to get burned.
Provide a quick synopsis on why eth is bad long term breh :lupe:

You about to make me blow a bag on a whole BTC.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There it is.

If people invested in something can't give you a solid elevator pitch for why something has long term value then it probably isn't a good long term investment
I couldn't do that for ethereum nor bitcoin either.

But from my research, I recognize potential long term foundational components.

Something that lets things that normally can't communicate with each other do so is a pretty big deal and has very long term value.

Im not gonna sit here and pretend to understand btc, etc, link or any of this crypto in and out, especially well enough to explain the details.

But I do understand the fundamentals, potential, and the potential everyday real world usage when it's laid in front of me.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Explain to me why LINK's tech isn't retarded brehbreh
Because it's actually doing something with data and trying to connect the offline and crypto world and make sure all the data and pricing is accurate. Almost all of these alt coins have some sort of tech, lot of decent ones out there. Bitcoin is just a USD alternative and luckily USD has been trending down this year and all these newbies trying to fomo into bitcoin expecting to get rich off it when it can go up or down at any time like any crypto. Anything can be traded for USD like bitcoin, it all depends on the value that the requestor puts on the product. Most of society isn't dealing with it right now except for mostly the younger generation, and not everyone is gonna buy huge amounts like the big investment firms. Bitcoin may grow more but not as high a return as link or eth. DeFi is way more important and will be more profitable.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
@surf @the bossman clowned me for giving advice in here :mjlol:
Breh just stick to your little 2015 Siacoin. Your advice is not good because it's based on nothing but numbers. You don't even understand why it's such a terrible choice just from a selling pressure standpoint alone.

We've entered a full on alt-season where every single coin on Coinbase will go up so now you feel like a genius:mjlol:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Bitcoin may grow more but not as high a return as link or eth. DeFi is way more important and will be more profitable.

Yikes. You guys will never get it it seems. Do you not understand how massive the market for a uncorrelated balance sheet asset is compared to all of those DeFi plays?

Basically you just pulled out a bunch of random words and concept you obviously dont understand but you feel like "some sort of tech" is a rational explanation to give to someone looking for a long term investment thesis.

At least the other guy was honest enough to admit he doesn't know what the fukk the tech does.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I couldn't do that for ethereum nor bitcoin either.

But from my research, I recognize potential long term foundational components.

Something that lets things that normally can't communicate with each other do so is a pretty big deal and has very long term value.

So you dont understand anything and can't validate the most basic tech claims yet you somehow are convinced about long term "foundational components".

Ya'll are really something else heh

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is investing in cryptocurrency something I would need to pay attention to daily or can you just check in and out every week
I mean... if you intend on holding for long term, then no you wouldn't have to check in on it daily. This is the most volatile asset you can invest in, so just know you will see a ton of movement.

You're safest bet is throwing bread into BTC and just holding if you're not trying to catch some alt coin come up. ETH is strong also, but once you start trying to catch fire with ALTs, you will get pulled into checking in on what's what frequently

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When yal post about these ALT coins, can you share some of the reasoning why you think it's a good play?

What is the functionality and use case? What problem does it solve? We all want to make money, but a little due diligence would be dope too.

Where do yal go do the research? Are there any good youtube channels yal recommend to subscribe to etc.

:jbhmm:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Provide a quick synopsis on why eth is bad long term breh :lupe:

You about to make me blow a bag on a whole BTC.
He complains that ETH is terrible because it doesn't scale.

It's not that big a deal. It's just code. It will be upgraded. Once it's fully upgraded then the scale limitations will be gone. It will be stronger, faster, and become deflationary.

The first phase of the upgrade, which was also the most difficult, went off flawlessly 2 months ago. It's just a waiting period now of about another year or so.

The amount of money and support backing ETH wouldn't allow it to just stay stagnant as is

godliness

• M Δ § † ë ® ¥ °
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Hands on Green Money
When yal post about these ALT coins, can you share some of the reasoning why you think it's a good play?

What is the functionality and use case? What problem does it solve? We all want to make money, but a little due diligence would be dope too.

Where do yal go do the research?
Are there any good youtube channels yal recommend to subscribe to etc.

:jbhmm:

DD for one, I really enjoy his content, check him out:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNHXoNsyoBGVOS0EJarawvw