1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what is NFT??

Nonfungible Tokens

It's basically collectables, gaming items, digital art, etc. They have their own individual value. It would be like getting a rare weapon in an RPG. You would own that item as an NFT and you could then sell it on the platform's marketplace.

I think Enjin Coin pioneered this. If you're into alts there's a few platforms like AXS and SAND that are in the gaming space. I know people in the Philippines who weren't able to work during the initial covid outbreak were buying food and covering living expenses with the ETH they earned playing AXS.

Last edited:

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
Are people getting a little carried away assuming the eth upgrade will go off without a hitch? They will be changing their entire security method within a couple years and also have to implement sharding. Sounds like a dangerous place to put a lot of my money in, but I guess that where people see opportunity. I'll just keep buying bitcoin

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Are people getting a little carried away assuming the eth upgrade will go off without a hitch? They will be changing their entire security method within a couple years and also have to implement sharding. Sounds like a dangerous place to put a lot of my money in, but I guess that where people see opportunity. I'll just keep buying bitcoin
Phase 0 was supposed to be the most difficult part of the upgrade. After several delays, finally went off without a hitch last month. The team has showed they value quality over rushing to meet deadlines.

Many of the top developers & contributors said how impressed they were with the phase 0 launch and how it should only get easier now that this is out of the way

Also a huge amount of ETH has been staked by the community so far so the high confidence and support is there

There's a TON of money backing ethereum so I think theyll continue to be extremely cautious with the code they roll out

Nothing wrong going BTC only but there's also gonna be a LOT OF money-making opportunities with ETH too:yeshrug:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Annoyed AF... If you look at the Civic charts... In a month it went from 8 cents and then reached a high of 21 cents and is now sitting at 14 cents..

So if we do some math...

10,000 Civic coins at 8 cents would've ran you $800. When it reached 21 cents you would've made $2,100...

That's $1,300 in profit off a $800 investment.

It was 8 cents on January 4th... Then on January 7th it jumped to 21 cents...

Mannnn I'm bout to just start using coinbase as my actual bank account. At least something will be happening to my money... :stopitslime:
Alts boomin like that?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Da

damn 10k investment to 4,323,144.0

It did a switch at about .68 cents. I originally got in at about a penny when it was LEND. When it did the switch to AAVE I got 1 AAVE for every 100 LEND I owned. Circulating supply went from 1 billion LEND to 12.3 million AAVE and each share was valued at around $50 if I remember correctly. Woke up today and it's at $245 this morning.

$10000 if you invested when LEND was .45 cents would be at about $54000 right now. Still a good come up.

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
It did a switch at about .68 cents. I originally got in at about a penny when it was LEND. When it did the switch to AAVE I got 1 AAVE for every 100 LEND I owned. Circulating supply went from 1 billion LEND to 12.3 million AAVE and each share was valued at around $50 if I remember correctly. Woke up today and it's at $245 this morning.

$10000 would be at about $54000 right now. Still a good come up.

Damn wish I knew this months ago. Guess that's one of the downfalls of ignoring crypto for years. Lose track of what's going on with the alts.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing about buying BTC now is if you are expecting to 2x-3x in a year... I wouldn't bet on that as much as I would bet on stocks I'm in.

I'm not disparaging anyone from buying this dip just that you really should do your DD before going in and also look at stocks

I agree...at these prices it makes sense to buy/accumulate BTC if you believe in it firmly from a fundamental aspect at which point you’re continuously buying it to hold (even if it’s incremental amounts) and hoping that a time when you need to use it doesn’t occur but you will at least have some if it does

but for ppl looking to trade it and lament over the price every time it drops it really is a waste of time and as you said there are better opportunities in the stock market to make more money if that’s the goal...whereas bitcoin is really for those looking to get out of fiat money

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Damn wish I knew this months ago. Guess that's one of the downfalls of ignoring crypto for years. Lose track of what's going on with the alts.

Yeah I got lucky. I had a bunch of XVG I was holding out hope on. They were both at a penny so I converted my XVG into LEND because of the circulating supply. Next thing you know LEND just kept shooting up and now I'm eating good off it. It's pretty surreal. Never got this lucky in an investment.