1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Sick to my stomach.
I never wanna here the word coin again.
All these other shyts is a dub and wishful thinking.
Bitcoin was the game winning touchdown pass in the super bowl and nikkas dropped the ball wide open.
Gotta live with it. :wow::mjcry::sadcam::to:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Lite coin is at $104 right now so you think right now this second is a good time to buy? I see u mention a ledger nano, is this one good? Ledger Nano S Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet

@InfamousThoro im bout to jump in and cop some lite coin breh, hold me :lupe: pause

Really depends how you look at it. If you want to invest for long term then there is never a wrong time to buy. If you want to buy for short term then buying LTC right now while it's goint parabolic isn't ideal but because you don't any yet I would just buy a small amount.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:mindblown:

I wish I understood enough about this shyt. Right now this just comes across as investing in imaginary money that I'm supposed to sell/trade. What happens when/if retailers start accepting Bitcoin? Wouldn't it have to go dollar for dollar at that point? What if it never becomes and acceptable form of payment, people will continue investing in this imaginary currency? This just doesn't pass the smell test to be but maybe I need to educate myself more.

Also why is it that no one seems to ever completely cash out? Greed?

It's not investing AND it is not about the currency. It is about the ratios and it is about the (comprehensive) rules inc. rules governing creation of new currency and permanency of old currency.

You could replace bitcoin with anything else as long as it had these two attributes.

In fact you could replace it with something that doesn't have these two (as long as it becomes established as a means of exchange).

Imaginary? Is it not imaginary. It is real as 'real' money. 90-odd percentage of what you call money (in the USA) is BROAD MONEY anyway (not physical).

The only significant differences being (a more established) convention and FIAT decree.

In some parts of the world cryptos will be more stable than their own currency.

Then you have people who will no longer be able to do without it.. Criminals, gamblers, businesses, silk road which become reliant on the model...
landing-card-panel.b2dba217.png

When big players (like banks, ISPs etc) get involved then that means that crypto is here to stay.

Saying that there is a distinction between this and bitcoin.

I started getting up to speed 1 week ago but I am a CS major and understand what the blockchain etc is anyway. I'm getting into practical day-to-day trading of bitcoin.

Also they are looking at ways to increase privacy and allow reversals which might take some work to get right..

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
p.s I think the usual bitcoin denomination (proportion/fraction) is a better way of stating amounts and is almost the prefect way to do so for money anyway. It doesn't go the whole hog but ultimately moving from an amount to a proportion will help reveal the truth that money is NOT an absolute is a relative amount and actions such as inflation etc shift the relative amount of your money without you having to even do anything.

Likewise questions such as 'is person X' worth Y USD per year become is person X worth this 'ratio'.

Money is just a claim on the efforts of others. That's it. In itself money is worthless.

So if you pay someone X and someone 2X you are given the second person twice as much power to get other people to do things for them (either directly or indirectly).

That's is why (without strong AI and boundless resources) you need poor people for there to be rich people.

This is a really good talk about what our economy and money really are..

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The tech bubble did burst though lol

Did the internet go away afterwards?

Half of FAANG (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google) were companies created during the “tech bubble” (Amazon, Google, Netflix) and right after it (Facebook). Which means a few of these cryptos will skyrocket. Don’t let your fear fukk you up. Andddddddddd if it does crash, guess what, that means you find the crypto you think has value still and you get it for the low. I wish I could go back and buy Amazon stock for $30.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
bitcoin at 11k already :damn:

I got in at litecoin at $70 :whew: its already at $100

I will forever kick myself for not putting money into it last spring. I just got a fat settlement too :damn: Bitcoin was on my radar but I didn’t know much about it. It was $750 then. I could’ve flipped that money by 14.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It is a bubble though. I think the concerns needs to be about picking the long term viable parts of the system and shifting money into those.

Remember

"A tulip, known as "the Viceroy" (viseroij), displayed in the 1637 Dutch catalog Verzameling van een Meenigte Tulipaanen. Its bulb was offered for sale between 3,000 and 4,200 guilders (florins) depending on size (aase). A skilled craftsworker at the time earned about 300 guilders a year.[1]"
Tulipomania.jpg

And remember..

The atmosphere of the late '20s (financially speaking at least) can be summed up in the following (likely apocryphal) anecdote. In the winter of 1928, Joe Kennedy decided to stop to have his shoes shined before he started his day's work at the office. When the boy finished, he offered Kennedy a stock tip: "Buy Hindenburg." Kennedy soon sold off his stocks, thinking:
“”You know it's time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips. This bull market is over.

But the market can remain irrational longer than the depth of your pockets so you are better off following the market but doing so carefully.