1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

FSP

Banned
Daps
Holy shyt the tumble is too real right now. A lot of people on crypto twitter tapping out.

This thang ain't for everybody and it's gonna make you look like a fool more often than not. That's the only code I live by in crypto

FSP

Banned
Daps
I actually love this because it gives people who are building stuff time to regroup. When everything goes too fast, sloppy products are put out to please the demand of hungry people, which has the adverse effect when they realize that, yeah, this shyt is half-done

FSP

Banned
Daps
So about these TA models

I'm not doubting your methods/reasoning breh @Supa I just feel like sometimes these predictions can look at things too mechanically. There's so much emotion and psychology going on under the hood this kinda stuff is just impossible to model out, and be right for any length of time. That's why i prefer to try to develop my own sense of intuition (which has been wrong too, btw) instead of relying on pure data. It sounds counter intuitive but...i just feel better about it. Idk. Continue

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree with everything but your last point, which i disagree strongly with.

Binance is the last step.

Kucoin, Livecoin, Huobi, Cryptopia, Coinexchange, Bibox, etc are where you can grab coins while they're lower profile.

And Idex, Forkdelta are spots where you can grab unknowns.

Binance alone won't have him winning.
It was on obscure exchanges that Nano(Xrb) hit first.
Those exchanges went belly up now but back then, you could've got Xrb for quarters, rather than the $7 it is now on Binance.

You want a portfolio, you stick to Binance. You want a winning portfolio, you go get them where they are.

Your really want to send someone who doesn't know what they're doing to Cryotopia?:hhh: He's gonna come out of there with Tittie Coin or some other shyt coin he won't even be able to withdraw from that garbage exchange. He doesn't even know how to research coins yet so how is he gonna spot a winner amongst all those losers? Kucoin only has limit orders. You need wallet for Idex and you gotta learn about gas and gwei. There's people who have been in the game for a while that hate using Idex/Etherdelta.

You start with Binance because they have a better selection of low risk coins and a user friendly interface. Once he gets the hang of that then he can add more exchanges. Let him learn how to send ETH to an exchange and get the fundamentals first.

You're telling him to get a drop step, Euro step, crossover, and floater before he can dribble.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Holy shyt the tumble is too real right now. A lot of people on crypto twitter tapping out.

This thang ain't for everybody and it's gonna make you look like a fool more often than not. That's the only code I live by in crypto

Might hear about a few crypto-suicides out here in these streets.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
This thread was way more positive last time the crypto market dipped this bad. I guess the second dip is worse.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So about these TA models

I'm not doubting your methods/reasoning breh @Supa I just feel like sometimes these predictions can look at things too mechanically. There's so much emotion and psychology going on under the hood this kinda stuff is just impossible to model out, and be right for any length of time. That's why i prefer to try to develop my own sense of intuition (which has been wrong too, btw) instead of relying on pure data. It sounds counter intuitive but...i just feel better about it. Idk. Continue

You guys are getting TA fukked up. No one's saying it's 100% but if it's 50% ask yourself if your intuition is right more than that?

How many people are in here in disbelief that ETH is 300? I'm not because I read about the possibility. I didn't know it would happen but I was prepared for it.

I wanted to buy ENG a while back and had the money so I was going to go all in. I saw some TA that said that it looked like it was going to dip further. They highlighted four support levels and said to stack your buys based on these. I waited, it dipped, and I bought 25%. It dipped again and I bought the other 75% at the bottom two support levels. I got way more than I would have if I went in blind. I found information and used it to my advantage. For the record I rarely use TA for alts I just check BTC.

They're going to be wrong some times and they tell you that beforehand but use the information to help minimize the losses you'll take.

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
Coinmarketcap will be the site you visit most often. Bookmark it. It has all the coins listed, their market cap, supply, websites, and exchanges you can buy from.

Go to the coins' sites and look at the project, roadmap, white paper, and team. You probably want to get a basic understanding of Blockchain tech before you start don't this though.

There's a lot of coins out there so it can be overwhelming. There's a lot of shyt coins out there you need to avoid at all costs.

Starting off it's easier to use Coinbase to get some Bitcoin and Ethereum. A lot of people suggest those should make up a nice chunk of your portfolio (30-50%). BTC is likely to take off first when the market gets bullish so put a good percentage of what you plan to invest in it.

For Altcoins just stick with Binance. You should start off with maybe 2 of the reliable high cap coins like Neo, Ven, ICX, or OMG. Maybe grab one lower cap coin. Don't spread yourself too thin.

It's a lot to take in so ask any questions and we'll help you.

Thanks, and yes I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. It's a lot to take in, true, but I'm not expecting success overnight. :yes:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don't panic.

Alot of people want crypto to fail.
Many people fell in love with the rapid gains and forgot or didn't know about the bad times. I'd rather see people actually try and use it as a currency in stead of a spec tool.