$1.6 billion reparations paid by U.S. government

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this thread is full of nikkas with a very tenuous grasp on reality or basic law

reparations would be great for descendants of slaves, but comparing it to the japanese american reparations is fukking retarded...slavemasters weren't exactly keen on keeping record books of slaves and their families; i sincerely doubt anyone in this thread could even name a slave relative of theirs, and that would just be scratching the surface of what you would need to properly put a case together for some type of reimbursement

the government is not going to just shell out trillions of dollars for every black person who claims to have slave ancestors :dead: the same way they didn't just give every japanese american $20,000 to fukk off with...they had to be able to prove with certainty that they were either at the internment camps, or a relative of someone who was

can any of you prove with certainty that your family members were specific slaves at specific periods of time in specific areas of america? at best, you would have to pursue it on an individual basis, researching your lineage and possibly filing a civil suit with the cac descendants of the slavemasters that had your ancestors as slaves...good luck with that

"reparations", as they are being discussed here, are a pipe dream, and the reason those lawyers and attorneys stopped pursuing it wasn't because of Cochran dying, it was because sooner or later they had to realize it was impossible
you right but let us dream :damn:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
I can

Yes

WRONG. Slavery was sanctioned by the government which therefore makes the government responsible for slavery and all of the attriciouties that came with it.

lol

aight then :manny: so what do you think you deserve from the government? and how do you think you will get it?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
:childplease:

Can you please show me how I am "indoctrinated" by stating that the Empire of Japan was JUST as EVIL as Nazi Germany. People seem forget the atrocities and war crimes committed by the Japanese under their colonies and to enemy combatants. You also seem to forget we bombed the Nazi back to the Stone Age resulting in the deaths of 2 million civilians. Did they deserve to die too!? :aicmon:

The LARGE MAJORITY of the people killed by those bombs were civilians (comprising the ELderly, women AND CHILDREN!) You telling me you believe all of those people to be evil???

America is doing EVIL shyt to the people of this world RIGHT NOW! So by your logic, the assertion that the towers were brought down by people victims of some of those EVILS was the right thing to do?

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I deserve my at least 300k check and they can give it to me in bitcoins for all i care......i just want my fukking money

and what about all the african americans who aren't as lucky as you, to be able to trace their ancestry to a direct slave? what do they get?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
and what about all the african americans who aren't as lucky as you, to be able to trace their ancestry to a direct slave? what do they get?
they get to have the white man issue them checks on the basis that their families histories have been so thoroly destroyed by this vile system they can no longer trace their histories back that far.

If you work for a company, can prove that you worked for the company (ask me how), that company still exists and is found to owe you money. They don't get to just not pay you because they failed to keep accurate records of your employment. fukk THEM......that's on them. We can determine a fair amount of pay for the time period and question and you cut me the check from there.

Don't know if you've paid someone from our family yet???? YOUR PROBLEM...... GIVE US ALL CHECKS......

I bet you their record departments would start finding all types of shyt about our families histories then

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
they get to have the white man issue them checks on the basis that their families histories have been so thoroly destroyed by this vile system they can no longer trace their histories back that far.

If you work for a company, can prove that you worked for the company (ask me how), that company still exists and is found to owe you money. They don't get to just not pay you because they failed to keep accurate records of your employment. fukk THEM......that's on them. We can determine a fair amount of pay for the time period and question and you cut me the check from there.

Don't know if you've paid someone from our family yet???? YOUR PROBLEM...... GIVE US ALL CHECKS......

I bet you their record departments would start finding all types of shyt about our families histories

your analogy is a little flawed breh

if you worked for a company, and can prove you worked for that company as well as prove that company owes you money, you have every legal right to pursue the unpaid dues

even if you have a family member or ancestor in the same situation, as long as you can prove that company owes/owed money to that family member or ancestor, you can still pursue it legally....but here is where it starts to break down

for the vast majority of african americans, they cannot directly trace their lineages to specific slaves like you can, for one reason or another (africans being treated as items instead of people, intentional fabrication and destruction of records, relocation, miseducation etc)...so it quickly becomes a matter of burden of proof in the legal sense, and you can guarantee the government is gonna wanna see the receipts on any black person wanting reparations for their slave ancestors

of course it's easy for us to assume on a base rational level that african americans are byproducts of slavery, and for the most part that's correct and an ethical enough reason to deserve reparations, but you have to factor in the legality and logistics of it all....you also have other factors, like african americans that did not descend from slaves or immigrated to america on their own volition (if they sendin out checks i want one too god dammit :mjpls: )...do you think those african americans deserve reparations as well? or just the ones that directly descend from slaves?

the idea that the government would just skimp over the details and start givin checks to black folks just for being black and maybe being a descendant of a slave is much more idealistic than realistic

if anything, they would set the record department on fire before they crack open the books to figure out which black folks get reparations and which don't

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

I bet you their record departments would start finding all types of shyt about our families histories then

I deserve my at least 300k check and they can give it to me in bitcoins for all i care......i just want my fukking money

:mjlol:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

African Americans who can't trace their ancestry, can't trace their ancestry because of the actions of the United States.

the government could at least set aside funds to research African American ancestry.

the United States government has made ZERO effort to help African Americans figure out who they were prior to slavery, all I know is that my ancestor arrived on a ship from the coast of west Africa and were enslaved.

there are insurance companies thriving to this very day that were involved in the slave trade, Aetna is one of them.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
discussing reparations with cacs online isn't for me

P.S

we're not descendants of slaves. We're descendant of Afrikans stolen, enslaved and sent to a different continent.

Slaves wern't taken from Afrika. Afrikans were taken from Afrika

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
African Americans who can't trace their ancestry, can't trace their ancestry because of the actions of the United States.

the government could at least set aside funds to research African American ancestry.

the United States government has made ZERO effort to help African Americans figure out who they were prior to slavery, all I know is that my ancestor arrived on a ship from the coast of west Africa and were enslaved.

there are insurance companies thriving to this very day that were involved in the slave trade, Aetna is one of them.

all of that is true and i agree they could set aside funds for african americans to find out about their ancestry

but that just further cements my point about how much traction a movement for reparations would get in this country, the government has designed it in a way that makes it logistically impossible on a wide scale

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
....you also have other factors, like african americans that did not descend from slaves or immigrated to america on their own volition (if they sendin out checks i want one too god dammit :mjpls: )...do you think those african americans deserve reparations as well? or just the ones that directly descend from slaves?

They aren't African Americans than

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
this thread is full of nikkas with a very tenuous grasp on reality or basic law

reparations would be great for descendants of slaves, but comparing it to the japanese american reparations is fukking retarded...slavemasters weren't exactly keen on keeping record books of slaves and their families; i sincerely doubt anyone in this thread could even name a slave relative of theirs, and that would just be scratching the surface of what you would need to properly put a case together for some type of reimbursement

the government is not going to just shell out trillions of dollars for every black person who claims to have slave ancestors :dead: the same way they didn't just give every japanese american $20,000 to fukk off with...they had to be able to prove with certainty that they were either at the internment camps, or a relative of someone who was

can any of you prove with certainty that your family members were specific slaves at specific periods of time in specific areas of america? at best, you would have to pursue it on an individual basis, researching your lineage and possibly filing a civil suit with the cac descendants of the slavemasters that had your ancestors as slaves...good luck with that

"reparations", as they are being discussed here, are a pipe dream, and the reason those lawyers and attorneys stopped pursuing it wasn't because of Cochran dying, it was because sooner or later they had to realize it was impossible

Charmander gone n evolved into a god damned Charizard :dwillhuh: