[1/11/23] AEW Dynamite from LA: GAME 7 Trios matches, Mercedes Moné?, Hangman vs. Moxley, Danielson vs. Takeshyta, JungleHook vs. The Firm

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
It’s funny that the crowd was expecting Mercedes to come out as a surprise. I never expected that to happen because all you gotta do is look at her IG and see that she’s still in Japan and is having a blast. NJPW seems to be only thing she’s focused on wrestling wise. It’s embarrassing that those fans booed all the women in the match. Tony should take all the heat for that.

Like dude said on Twitter….Read the fukking room. :mjlol:

"It's okay to bait and switch the audience because all the live crowd had to is stalk her on Instagram and confirm her location" :skip:

Ya'll stans are wild.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
"It's okay to bait and switch the audience because all the live crowd had to is stalk her on Instagram and confirm her location" :skip:

That’s literally what these neckbeard mu fukkas do. :what:

sasha-airport-face.jpg

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They need to just fire Saraya. She can’t go in the ring and no one wants to listen to her.

They made a choice to go away from serious wrestling women vets like Sakura, Serena Deeb & Mercedes Martinez. Saraya is the most famous woman they have on the roster so she kinda gotta be the vet. Hope Coach Madison is helping her out.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Even tho it was not as packed as the last Dynamite show here, they sold over 8k in advance and had about 1500-2k available. Plus they already announced Paige’s partner some time ago. What kinda argument is this when it was known Toni was the partner the DAY OF? Fans got worked into thinking something might happen. :dahell:

Doubt it’ll hurt future LA show attendance since LA is top 5 in Wrasslin crowds.

You saw the fan reaction, they were there for Mercedes. Tony Khan is an OG internet wrestling fan & so is Mookieghana. I think Tony should try again to get Mercedes, that would be the best thing for him to do. Last night showed how big of a star she is.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If Mercedes went to AEW, what would her ceiling be? She's a story-driven wrestler whose best work has been during long character arcs with a strong foil. Mercedes is at her best when she has a Bayley, Charlotte (ugh), or Bianca to play off of for months at a time.
Tony Khan would give her a few weeks on television, a match or two against DMD, and then she'd be on Rampage with the rest of the #gamechangers.
Don't get me wrong, I want Mercedes to go to AEW for that huge Paki payday, but I honestly believe that she'd be Sasha Soho in a very short time.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
If Mercedes went to AEW, what would her ceiling be? She's a story-driven wrestler whose best work has been during long character arcs with a strong foil. Mercedes is at her best when she has a Bayley, Charlotte (ugh), or Bianca to play off of for months at a time.
Which is one of AEW's weak points atm. Story/angles:francis:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Tony Khan would give her a few weeks on television, a match or two against DMD, and then she'd be on Rampage with the rest of the #gamechangers.
Don't get me wrong, I want Mercedes to go to AEW for that huge Paki payday, but I honestly believe that she'd be Sasha Soho in a very short time.

They'd be paying her too much money for her to become another Ruby Soho but it would just be the same tired ass promos with Britt calling her an entitled WWE star and not an AEW original like she is.

Then they'd pair her up with some other bytch or put her in a stable and within a month start teasing the inevitable break up/heel turn.

Khan's booking pattering is so fukking predictable :unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
MJF as world champ just ain’t it and y’all know it :unimpressed:

Lame. MJF continuing to show his promo skills are MID.

MJF sounding like a TSC WOAT with this promo :mjpls:

MJF corny sometimes but he’s the best heel AEW got

That promo from MJF was weak highkey….

His heel insult comic gimmick is shallow. Who knew...

Its just low hanging fruit nothing really witty or creative about it :yeshrug:at least he didn't bring up the 2024 bidding war stick tonight
Dude is mid. He was more impressive when he was sitting out. His promo skills are vastly overrated.