09/21/24 DAZN PPV: Riyadh Season Wembley Edition: Anthony Joshua vs Daniel Dubois (IBF Heavyweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Joshua-Dubois Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dubois Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
Great analysis. Nailed it. How do you think AJ should have adjusted to Dubois' pressure? Jabs were no existant as you said, his feet were too flat footed for the pressure and he didnt go to the body to slow Daniel down... Plus as you said he never recovered. I did think he had a shot by clinching for a few rounds and go for an attack like he did at the end, but his legs were too far gone plus he was undisciplined and was wide open for a counter with that uppercut...
he got stunned so early. i thought he might needed to take 2 rounds off just moving to clear the cobwebs. he got caught and was just going on pride and adrenaline afterward. he probably don't even remember what was happening.

but maybe after a few rounds, start jabbing and then doing his 1-2 thing. he hurt dubois a few times. as the fight went on into deeper waters maybe that mental doubt creeps in for dubois on this level. you never know. he didn't give himself a chance to see it. once you get dropped just give up the round cause you already lost it. he was trying to get his getback and that only led to more clean shots landing. same thing big baby anderson did in his loss vs bakole or whatever his name was.

you get dropped exchanging. get back on your boxing for a while before banging out again in the exchanges. later in the fight then go for broke. he got dropped too many times so he was far behind and gonna need a knockout anyway. might as well get your energy back then go for it in the 2nd half of the fight.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps

This reminds me of the respect I have for some of these fighters, win or lose.

Imagine spending 2 months training for a fight and having the entire plan go out the window because you get clipped early in the fight.

It is a test of character and ability.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know fast car Eddie hates these Saudi events, constant losses to Frank Warren's fighters :pachaha:

mcmahon-ear.gif

Last edited: